2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

C&P'd this post from HF.

I know a lot of fans think we should get Shinkruk at nine but does no one thinks that Nurse is a better all around player then Shinkruk? I know they are different positions and all but I thought Nurse was a highly regarded prospect. If he's available at number nine I'd consider taking him.

It might actually make sense for us to draft him. Yes we don't really need another defenseman but I look at it like this. If Nurse falls to us and we take him because he is clearly the BPA this gives us enough extendable defensive prospects to trade for a top six forward.

Once again Flames fans said Urbom + 2nd would do it for Michael Cammalleri. You'd basically be exchanging Urbom for Nurse and still get the relatively young top six forward we have been looking for. I think we could re-sign most of everyone that is UFA/RFA that we are looking to bring back and still make another signing (Like a Briere on a 1-2 year deal as well.)

We'd be filling up forward needs as well as stocking up on defensive prospects to replenish our blueline for the future.

Cammy-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Briere
Zubrus-Henrique-Clarkson
CBGB
Extras: Yayo, Teddy, Barch

Yes you'd having to move Zubs to the left but look at that lineup. That lineup is deep as hell and is an instant contender and not to mention something I'd imagine that wouldn't too unrealistic as well.

You are not entitled to anything.  Neither am I or anyone else that doesn't own the team.  It's completely their choice how to distribute their tickets, and they have chosen to reward the people that pay the most for their product over the course of a season.  Who are you to say that is wrong?

BTW...you have a 100% shot at the tickets.  You said that you wanted an opportunity to purchase them.  Well, the ebay sellers are giving you that opportunity.  Buy them and guarantee yourself a seat.   

There should be a better option than price gougers on ebay who may or may not be legitimate. I'm not just gonna believe their dumb decision was correct just to "reward" season ticket holders who may or may  not actually care abou thte draft

In essence, the team's saying the rest of us don't matter and we don't get the same shot as everyone else to go even though the draft wasn't announced till most people had season tickets already for this year

Edited by DH26

Colin: Like, I said earlier, I got a call from a ticket salesman and I think he liked a lot of my answers. I've gotten calls in the past, so obviously they "recognize" me. You think this could get me a leg up? My buddy who also entered the raffle didn't get a call

C&P'd this post from HF.

I know a lot of fans think we should get Shinkruk at nine but does no one thinks that Nurse is a better all around player then Shinkruk? I know they are different positions and all but I thought Nurse was a highly regarded prospect. If he's available at number nine I'd consider taking him.

It might actually make sense for us to draft him. Yes we don't really need another defenseman but I look at it like this. If Nurse falls to us and we take him because he is clearly the BPA this gives us enough extendable defensive prospects to trade for a top six forward.

Once again Flames fans said Urbom + 2nd would do it for Michael Cammalleri. You'd basically be exchanging Urbom for Nurse and still get the relatively young top six forward we have been looking for. I think we could re-sign most of everyone that is UFA/RFA that we are looking to bring back and still make another signing (Like a Briere on a 1-2 year deal as well.)

We'd be filling up forward needs as well as stocking up on defensive prospects to replenish our blueline for the future.

Cammy-Lokti-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Briere

Zubrus-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

Yes you'd having to move Zubs to the left but look at that lineup. That lineup is deep as hell and is an instant contender and not to mention something I'd imagine that wouldn't too unrealistic as well.

Isn't Cammalleri over 30? Because 30 is where I stop calling them young players. He's also like 5'9".

There should be a better option than price gougers on ebay who may or may not be legitimate. I'm not just gonna believe their dumb decision was correct just to "reward" season ticket holders who may or may  not actually care abou thte draft

In essence, the team's saying the rest of us don't matter and we don't get the same shot as everyone else to go even though the draft wasn't announced till most people had season tickets already for this year

The problem is legitimacy, but by definition, selling on ebay isn't price gouging.  And there is a better option - the raffle, which you might win.

Edited by Triumph

Again, how do you come to the assumption that season ticket holders don't actually care about the draft?

The team isn't saying you don't matter. They are saying they are rewarding their ticket holders first (who guaranteed them income last year, this coming year, and on average most likely a few years to come). Also, the draft was announced last June. There was plenty of time for people to get season tickets if the draft was their sole reasoning to. 

31 but he'd have a solid 4-5 years with us potentially. 3 at the very least. I wouldn't mind that.

Eh, he's ok. I'd take him if he took a big pay cut. I'd be wary of his big cap hit. It's only for one more year, but he's never really been a ppg player despite his couple seasons where he had 80+ points and hasn't played more than 67 games in a season since then(He played 44 this year, but I didn't count that). The best we could hope to get is a 55-65pt player and I don't want to pay a guy like that $7M next year.

C&P'd this post from HF.

Cammy-Lokti-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Briere

Zubrus-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

NO!!!! NO NO NO NO......

NO!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!! i said... NO !!!!

he's one of the most selfish and self centered player in the league and he's a cancer in the locker room. We absolutely don't want him trust me

Cammy-Lokti-Kovy

Elias-Zajac-Briere

Zubrus-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

I'm not sure what reality that hf poster is living in, but there's no way the Devils can afford all of the bolded players.  Also, Clarkson's not getting huge money to play the 3rd line.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I'm not sure what reality that hf poster is living in, but there's no way the Devils can afford all of the bolded players.  Also, Clarkson's not getting huge money to play the 3rd line.

The Devils have $25.5 million in cap space for 8 roster spots.  Divide up how you wish.

Edited by Devils731

I have no problem with the way the Devils are handling the tickets. As DR33 said a few pages back, having all 7 rounds on one day does complicate things a bit. I figure if I win tickets then great, if not I'll just watch it at home with 2 draft guides and the internet at my disposal. Win-Win for me.

Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Monahan, Shinkaruk..

Then Devils at 9.. Who would we pick? :D

I'm really open to moving back in the 1st, especially if that was to happen, and adding another 1st/high 2nd in the process since this is a deep draft. At the same time I am a huge Horvat fan and would have no problem if they took him at 9...though they may be able to move back and get him along with another asset.

The Devils have $25.5 million in cap space for 8 roster spots.  Divide up how you wish.

I'd wager to say the Devils are running on an internal budget though.  Just how much of that cap space Vanderbeek will let Lou spend remains to be seen.

I have no problem with the way the Devils are handling the tickets. As DR33 said a few pages back, having all 7 rounds on one day does complicate things a bit. I figure if I win tickets then great, if not I'll just watch it at home with 2 draft guides and the internet at my disposal. Win-Win for me.

I'm really open to moving back in the 1st, especially if that was to happen, and adding another 1st/high 2nd in the process since this is a deep draft. At the same time I am a huge Horvat fan and would have no problem if they took him at 9...though they may be able to move back and get him along with another asset.

I agree, I think an extra pick in the top 50 would be big for us, especially with lacking a 1st rd pick next year.

If we trade down though, who do you think we'd be targeting? You mentioned Horvat, obviously I'd have to think Lazar is on our radar, but is there anyone else you'd think we'd take if we traded down?

Yea, I agree here. If we lose out on one of the top forwards, then I'm definitely more open to trading back. It seems that at 9 it could literally go a variety of ways as to who we end up having a chance to take.

I also agree about the ticket situation. I think the Devils have done it the right way. Reward their "investors" (STHs) and give the normal Joes a crack at free tickets. Last year, the Pens had 1500 tickets for round 1 (not including STHs) and then 3500 for the next day. The one day draft really hurts getting more people to experience the event. I hope everyone who really wants to go, gets to. But if you don't get to go, don't get bent out of shape! Its interesting and unique, but that buzz can wear off quick and will for more than most.  

Clarkson is not a first or second line player either. If he wants a first liner payday we can let him walk and re-sign D'ags. I like Clarky.. don't get me wrong but not at anything over 4.5 (and I'd hesitate at 4.5)

D'ags to me is a poor mans Clarkson. Stick him on the 3rd line, get Cammy and Briere (who won't be expensive at all and can be had for one year, two years at most) and run. Even without Clarkson you have a lot of depth there.

It's not as much of a pipe dream as you might think, and I actually think it would be a great set of moves if Lou opts to go that way.Now...can the Devils and the Flames make the Urbom & 2 for Cammy? Yeah...probably. And I think the hopes are for Briere signing for much less, being that he'll be a buyout from Philly and no one will want to pay top dollar for him. So in theory, that could work as well.

Really not that unrealistic guys...

Edited by TheMazz

I agree, I think an extra pick in the top 50 would be big for us, especially with lacking a 1st rd pick next year.

If we trade down though, who do you think we'd be targeting? You mentioned Horvat, obviously I'd have to think Lazar is on our radar, but is there anyone else you'd think we'd take if we traded down?

I'm also a big fan of Lazar. Two way winger who got off to a slow start offensively but is well rounded. If the Devils moved back and had 2 picks in either the mid-1st to early 2nd (before their own 2nd), I'd love to see them get 2 of (in no particular order and just focusing on F for now) Horvat, Domi, Lazar, Wennberg, Zykov, Hartman, Klimchuk, Bjorkstand, Compher, de la Rose.

Erne, Gauthier, and McCarron also intrigue me but from what I've read they seem a lot more boom or bust than some of the other guys I mentioned above. I'll try to get a more informative post on those players and then some of the D that could be available.

I'm also a big fan of Lazar. Two way winger who got off to a slow start offensively but is well rounded. If the Devils moved back and had 2 picks in either the mid-1st to early 2nd (before their own 2nd), I'd love to see them get 2 of (in no particular order and just focusing on F for now) Horvat, Domi, Lazar, Wennberg, Zykov, Hartman, Klimchuk, Bjorkstand, Compher, de la Rose.

Erne, Gauthier, and McCarron also intrigue me but from what I've read they seem a lot more boom or bust than some of the other guys I mentioned above. I'll try to get a more informative post on those players and then some of the D that could be available.

I think if he's on the board and we ended up trading back, we could potentially take Fucale. I dont think theres a chance in hell they take him at 9 tho, but say we traded back for a late 20s, early 2nd. I imagine Fucale could be a target.

I think if he's on the board and we ended up trading back, we could potentially take Fucale. I dont think theres a chance in hell they take him at 9 tho, but say we traded back for a late 20s, early 2nd. I imagine Fucale could be a target.

I'd be on board for that, he was arguably the best goalie in the Q or even CHL as a 17 year old. I was skeptical at first of how much of his success was from playing with a great team in front of him but the more I saw and read about him, the more I believe he was a huge part of that success. Hockey Prospect raves about him, praising his vision, composure, athleticism, and mental toughness.