2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Where do you guys think Spencer Martin and Erik Comrie will land and could we target one of them if Fucale goes in the first round?

I'm adding in Jarry since I'm a fan of his. Jarry will probably be a 2nd round guy, Martin a 3rd/4th round guy, and Comrie a 3rd round guy based off their rankings.

Spencer Martin

- 6th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 89th Overall Future Considerations

- 6th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 73rd Overall Hockey Prospect

- 5th amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Eric Comrie

- 4th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 63rd Overall Future Considerations

- 4th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 67th Overall Hockey Prospect

- 2nd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Tristan Jarry

- 2nd amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 58th Overall Future Considerations

- 2nd amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 57th Overall Hockey Prospect

- 3rd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

I'm a fan of Jarry but the only way the Devils would be able to get him would be at 39 and I would rather not use the 2nd round pick on a G in a deep draft like this. Infact, I'd rather not draft a G at all this year since the draft is deep, the Devils only have 4 picks (as of now), and they have Wedgewood and Kinkaid in the system.

What do you guys think of Wennberg? Another Swede, I know, but I get the feeling that he's underrated because of this strong draft class. He's mostly being predicted to go closer to 15 than 9, but he could be a good fit for this team. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading down (if Nichuskin, Lindholm, and Monahan are off the table) if they're targeting a player like Wennberg.

What do you guys think of Wennberg? Another Swede, I know, but I get the feeling that he's underrated because of this strong draft class. He's mostly being predicted to go closer to 15 than 9, but he could be a good fit for this team. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading down (if Nichuskin, Lindholm, and Monahan are off the table) if they're targeting a player like Wennberg.

I've seen him listed at a few different heights and weights so I'll go with TSN's 6'1, 174 lbs. Seems to be ranked consistently just out of the top 10 by Future Considerations (13th), Hockey Prospect (12th), TSN (12th), Craig Button (12th), ISS (15th), McKeen's (13th). First thing that stands out to me is that he needs to add some muscle to that frame and would probably be best served spending next year in Sweden as he continues to grow.

From what I've read on him he seems to be an excellent skater who is strong on his skates and agile along the boards which helps him control the puck. Seems like he has excellent hockey sense and is always in the right position in all zones. Seems like he is more developed defensively than offensively at this point. From the Hockey Prospect guide I get the impression he is a mature kid on and off the ice.

His shot is considered a bit of a work in progress and his offensive game seems raw. I think he'd be the type of prospect best suited to not rush into the NHL and give him a few years to develop. I won't be upset if the move back and grab him but there are some other prospects I like a bit more than him.

Is the arena going to be packed for this thing? It seems like tickets have been so hard to come by.

I'm sure it will be in the beginning of the draft with all the players, families, and most fans will really care more about the 1st round than anything else. I'm sure as round by round progresses and it gets late in the day for a Sunday it will empty out. I'm very fortunate to be going now.

I'm adding in Jarry since I'm a fan of his. Jarry will probably be a 2nd round guy, Martin a 3rd/4th round guy, and Comrie a 3rd round guy based off their rankings.

Spencer Martin

- 6th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 89th Overall Future Considerations

- 6th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 73rd Overall Hockey Prospect

- 5th amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Eric Comrie

- 4th amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 63rd Overall Future Considerations

- 4th amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 67th Overall Hockey Prospect

- 2nd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

Tristan Jarry

- 2nd amongst Goalies by Future Considerations

- 58th Overall Future Considerations

- 2nd amongst Goalies by Hockey Prospect

- 57th Overall Hockey Prospect

- 3rd amongst N.A. Goalies by Central Scouting Services

I'm a fan of Jarry but the only way the Devils would be able to get him would be at 39 and I would rather not use the 2nd round pick on a G in a deep draft like this. Infact, I'd rather not draft a G at all this year since the draft is deep, the Devils only have 4 picks (as of now), and they have Wedgewood and Kinkaid in the system.

If we traded back for a late first rounder I would take Fucale. Would be amazing if he's there in the second round, or Petan.

If we traded back for a late first rounder I would take Fucale. Would be amazing if he's there in the second round, or Petan.

There are so many forwards I like that will go in the 1st round. If the Devils traded back and had 2 picks in the 1st, I'd rather pick up 2 of Horvat/Wennberg/Zykov/Domi/Lazar/Hartman/Klimchuk (add Shinkaruk to that if he was to fall). With the praise Fucale has earned and the reviews I've read on him, I won't whine if he would be the 2nd 1st round pick but I wouldn't be hoping for it.

I should note I have a bias towards players with size so naturally I'm not a huge fan of Petan, even if he drops to the 2nd round. His offensive skills are elite but there a lot of concerns about how a small player, who already isn't physical, will adapt to the next level. Domi may also be small but I think Mark Edwards of Hockey Prospect had an interesting quote on this:

Quotable: “I really like Petan. I had a lot of people ask me why is Domi ranked higher? For me it’s two reasons. First, Domi has a very strong core. Secondly, I think Domi helped his line mates more than he was helped. Petan is smart and skilled but I think his line mates helped him out as well. Regardless, he’s a first rounder in my books. He’s small but elite.” Mark Edwards

Also there are a lot of of other prospects that I have more interest in for that 2nd round pick, even if Petan was available then.

There are so many forwards I like that will go in the 1st round. If the Devils traded back and had 2 picks in the 1st, I'd rather pick up 2 of Horvat/Wennberg/Zykov/Domi/Lazar/Hartman/Klimchuk (add Shinkaruk to that if he was to fall). With the praise Fucale has earned and the reviews I've read on him, I won't whine if he would be the 2nd 1st round

No Mantha? Most naturally gifted goalscorer in the draft according to various scouts.. You can always teach someone to play D..

Anybody who's looking for 2 tickets to the draft. If my Father hasn't found a taker in the next couple hours, I'll have a pair to get rid of. Check back here later today, I will post when I know for sure.

On another note, is anyone planning on going to the Top Prospects Clinic at 1:30 today? I saw TG tweet that it was open to the public.

Sign me up for Ristolainen, don't draft by need. A you can grab a nice potential center early in the second round. Ristolainen's shot is too good not to translate to the NHL in terms of offense. His release is lightning fast, he has the hardest shot in the draft and he is right handed. You can always unload defensmen for forwards.

Sign me up for Ristolainen, don't draft by need. A you can grab a nice potential center early in the second round. Ristolainen's shot is too good not to translate to the NHL in terms of offense. His release is lightning fast, he has the hardest shot in the draft and he is right handed. You can always unload defensmen for forwards.

I don't necessarily think a right shot is that important anymore. Larsson, Fayne and Severson are righties

Anybody who's looking for 2 tickets to the draft. If my Father hasn't found a taker in the next couple hours, I'll have a pair to get rid of. Check back here later today, I will post when I know for sure.

On another note, is anyone planning on going to the Top Prospects Clinic at 1:30 today? I saw TG tweet that it was open to the public.

. Definitely interested, if you get them can you PM me ATL? Thanks, been looking for 2 for a while.

I don't necessarily think a right shot is that important anymore. Larsson, Fayne and Severson are righties

I really believe Fayne needs to be moved for some offensive help. NJ would be foolish to fill all these needs through FA. Maybe Fayne to Edmonton for Hemsky type trade.

I really believe Fayne needs to be moved for some offensive help. NJ would be foolish to fill all these needs through FA. Maybe Fayne to Edmonton for Hemsky type trade.

Fayne's good, but not good enough to bring back a Hemsky level player. We need offense and even though we have good D Men the #9 pick is our best shot at getting good offense.

With the draft tomorrow does anybody know any mobile apps that will send alerts when trades occur? I may be away from the tv and miss a lot of the draft but to get alerts on any trades would be nice.

Also to add my worthless opinion on the draft - if the Devils dont draft a scori g forward ill be bummed.

Fayne's good, but not good enough to bring back a Hemsky level player. We need offense and even though we have good D Men the #9 pick is our best shot at getting good offense.

Fayne package could easily get Hemsky. Hemsky will be a UFA coming off two terrible years.

Fayne package could easily get Hemsky. Hemsky will be a UFA coming off two terrible years.

Fayne himself is a UFA to be. So I think we're overrating his trade value just a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD