2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Alright I've had time to think about it and I'm happy with the move. I really wanted Nichuskin but this basically solves our goaltending problems for the future especially if we can sign him to a long term deal in two years. If he walks in two years the at least Kinky and Wedge should be ready by then.

Now I'd say the only thing there is to work on is offense. Our defense and goaltending are set for a while IMO.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Damn, I wanted Dauphin.

I wonder if Hagg will continue to fall to 42. If they're taking a forward, maybe it'll be Lehkonen.

Really pissed that the Kings snagged Zykov. Thought he'd be our guy.

Edited by nessus

For those of you whining about not taking a forward with that pick, I have some news for you- a second round pick isn't making the team. Hence, anyone drafted there isn't going to be contributing goals this season. Relax and let free agency and the rest of the offseason play out, it doesn't end today ya know. I swear, the kneejerk reactions and lack of any reasonable foresight around here is mind-numbing sometimes.

• Like 1

Doesn't there have to be a CBA in order for there to be a draft in the first place?

Yes there does. Without a CBA, there cannot be a draft at all. That's why we don't see J&J, Bristol Myers, and Pfizer having drafts...

Carp, I hear ya, but we need to address some balance at RW. Mac and Olz, Hordichuk are LW'ers. Not sure bout Gordon, never seen him play

I hear ya. But the bigger point I was making is that Lou will bring in serviceable 3rd or 4th line guys to play big roles. Lightning won't strike thrice like how Lou found Carter and Bernier.

I'm not disappointed about the 9th overall trade, but I'm not sure I liked the trade down in the second round. Zykov would have been nice and all, but I'm not sure Santini + Kujawinski will be better for the team than having Dauphin or Hagg.

Only time will tell, I guess!

I look forward to what Lou's going to do as far as trades/free agency this offseason.

I liked Myles Bell when I watched a Kelowna game this year, and he's eligible to play in the AHL this season.

Wasn't he in last year's draft too? He's a little older, born in '93. Converted from D to wing and put up 93 points in the WHL this year.