2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

lol when did we even get a seventh-rounder?

Lou made a deal with the Kings for their last pick. I think we're giving them our 7th rounder next year.

EDIT: I'm wrong, it's our 7th in 2015, not 2014.

Edited by RowdyFan42

Really liked Lou trading down to get the extra third. Lots of people feel Kujawinski has excellent upside. Although, I wouldn;t have minded Dauphin 

it still hurt a little i wanted Dauphin so fvcking bad. Then we trade down, he gets pick right away.

i never saw Kujawinski play so i dont know, but if i could do it again i'd pick Dauphin (that i saw play a few time and i really like him) instead of a shutdown D who will bring 0 offence and Kujawinski. Dauphin is playing on team canada junior and even though its not a guarantee its always a good indication. But im trusting our scouting staff on this i guess they know a lot more than i do. and for all we know maybe theres a move coming with our young d prospects

Edited by SterioDesign

Wasnt a huge fan of the players we drafted. Would have liked a forward with that second rounder. As stated earlier Dauphin seemed like a really good pickup. Also LA picking Zykov two picks before us really hurt. With that said we seem to have gotten some good quality players. Santini (ranked 17th overall by ISS) seems like another good addition to the NHL potential defense pool we have. Kujawinski was said to be possibly one of the biggest steals in the draft. According to ISS is hockey sense is Elite, and his game has been getting better and better recently. Also Bell seems like an interesting project. A defensemen turned forward (who put up significant points in his first year as a forward) is always interesting, and the fact that he has apparently a bomb makes it even more interesting. And finally it was really nice seeing Marty draft Anthony. That was an awesome moment. Still think we could have made a few better picks, but overall I think we did fine.
The addition of Cory will have a bigger impact on this team than any player we could have picked at 9th. It was a great move imo.

Overall I'm happy with the picks the Devils got. Solid D prospect in Santini, nice upside in Kujawinski, a bit of a project in Wood, solid late round value in Bell, and I'm happy for the Brodeur family. I was probably too reactionary and upset at the Schneider deal when it was announced but hopefully Lou gets him an extension after next year. Of course I would've liked to get some of the more intriguing F prospects early on but I just gotta trust Lou and Conte.

All things considered, I think Bettman handled himself pretty well yesterday. He even made me laugh a couple of times with how he dealt with the booing.

I tend to agree with you although I will say at times he came across as a creepy school teacher trying to calm a group of boisterous teens.

"I think you're going to want to hear this (creepy voice and Bettman facial expression)".

All things considered, I think Bettman handled himself pretty well yesterday. He even made me laugh a couple of times with how he dealt with the booing.

man i seriously couldnt stop laughing at the "i really love your energy" comment by bettman, ah gawd

lets re-live it

Edited by SterioDesign

man i seriously couldnt stop laughing at the "i really love your energy" comment by bettman, ah gawd

lets re-live it

Haha

I have to say though I was not happy with the "Marty's better" chants when Roy was up there. I just have too much respect for him to embarrass him like that. Plus we all know Marty's better already. :koolaid:

Haha

I have to say though I was not happy with the "Marty's better" chants when Roy was up there. I just have too much respect for him to embarrass him like that. Plus we all know Marty's better already. :koolaid:

yeah i HATE Roy and have no respect for him i use to troll him all the time when he'd coach in Moncton or Bathurst lol but yeah i just felt the fans made us look bad a little. Was not classy at all. For the Rangers and Bettman fine. But more than that. Too much.

yeah i HATE Roy and have no respect for him i use to troll him all the time when he'd coach in Moncton or Bathurst lol but yeah i just felt the fans made us look bad a little. Was not classy at all. For the Rangers and Bettman fine. But more than that. Too much.

Ahh come on. It was all in fun and I'm sure Roy got a chuckle out of it

Heard Pronger and another Flyers staff member talk about how Morin plays "Flyers hockey". Not only was it a reach, it appears toughness is still highly valued in their organization. Never change Philly

'Flyers hockey: We rough. We tough. We Stupid. And our goalie blows.' Put that on some ticket brochures and send 'em out, truth in fvcking advertising right there.

Some thoughts about yesterdays draft outside the actual selection and trading of players:

1) Great turn-out.  Tons of people there and great to go to a Devils event that involves other teams that do not break out into these silly little fights between other teams fans.

2) Fan fest was mostly good.  Kinda sh!tty that the ferris wheel didn't get built until the fest started and they didn't even finish building it by the time the draft started.  The games were nice and free and the mini golf course and street hockey was a nice touch.

3) South entrance looks 100x nicer with the new trees there.  Doesn't look as barren as before.

4) I don't know about anyone else, but from what was told in the days leading up is that we would only be allowed in the 100 and 200 levels and that STH and their guests can come in early at 12:30.  Well what they didn't mention is that the first 1300 people could get a free upgrade to the lower level.  Wish they would have mentioned that as I would have gotten in line earlier but not a huge dealbreaker for me.

5) Card and memoribilia expo was like any of the others I have been to.  Overpriced and run by sad-looking sports memoribilia dealers.

6) Seeing the trophies was cool but didn't see the cup as the line was too long.  I have seen the cup many times before so no big deal for me.

7) Seth Jones was a jackass to a bunch of people and didn't sign for a bunch of people's stuff.

8) Wish the Devils would do like the yankees do when it gets hot out and offer free cooling stations with iced water.  Instead we were stuck for paying ridiculous prices for it. (I mean for the Fan fest portion)

Edited by DevsMan84

I always find it amusing that Bettman gets booed like crazy in every arena that he is at, but only has positive fan interactions when fans see him around on a 1-on-1 basis. In Vancouver in 2011, and yesterday, the booing was pretty viscious. But chances are if a fan saw him in a bar later in the evening, they'd shake his hand and ask for a picture.

On another note, my favourite tweet of the day (at the Devils' expense, but still) came from Ian Mendes;

Bettman says "This is a home game for me" when addressing New Jersey crowd. I assume this now means the NHL owns the Devils.

I always find it amusing that Bettman gets booed like crazy in every arena that he is at, but only has positive fan interactions when fans see him around on a 1-on-1 basis. In Vancouver in 2011, and yesterday, the booing was pretty viscious. But chances are if a fan saw him in a bar later in the evening, they'd shake his hand and ask for a picture.

On another note, my favourite tweet of the day (at the Devils' expense, but still) came from Ian Mendes;

Bettman says "This is a home game for me" when addressing New Jersey crowd. I assume this now means the NHL owns the Devils.

:lol:  I'm going to be dropping that one a few times today.

I think commissioners getting booed at events is just part of the job and they get that.  The commissioner is the bugaboo for every league decision that fans don't like.  David Stern was encouraging the boos at the NBA draft, commissioners are the heel wrestlers of their organizations.