2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Colorado has three solid centermen - Duchene, O'Reilly, and Stastny.  They're lacking pretty much everything else, especially blueline mobility/puck skill - they've got Tyson Barrie and that's about it in that department.  I don't think them picking Jones would have anything to do with the fact that he spent time in Colorado as a boy.

Fair points indeed....unless the Avs trade O'Reilly at or before the draft, that would not surprise me....and given Stastny's injury woes...not sure he can be relied on over the long haul. Maybe the Avs can trade down 1-2 spots for someone who wants MacKinnon and pikc up more picks and still get Jones

did anyone else get the email about being seat fillers for the draft? That's one way in :P .....I might've filled it out immediately :P

Yeah and that could be kinda cool.

I am still hoping to win a pair from the raffle.  If not I know a STH who said I could bum a couple of tickets off of him.

Most interesting:

Report: Colorado Avalanche likely to pass on Seth Jones

Joe Sakic, the executive vice president of hockey operations for the Avalanche, told The Denver Post on Tuesday night they will pass on the top-rated defenseman and instead choose between forwards Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin or Alexander Barkov.

"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards," Sakic told the paper. "We feel those three forwards are just too good to pass up."

Assuming the Avs aren't bluffing, I'm really surprised they wouldn't take Jones. They have a nice group of young, talented forwards and I think Jones has the highest upside in the draft. Though forwards tend to hit their peak faster than defenseman so perhaps they think a player like MacKinnon or Drouin can help them sooner. I'm sure Florida won't mind if Colorado passes on Jones.

Assuming the Avs aren't bluffing, I'm really surprised they wouldn't take Jones. They have a nice group of young, talented forwards and I think Jones has the highest upside in the draft. Though forwards tend to hit their peak faster than defenseman so perhaps they think a player like MacKinnon or Drouin can help them sooner. I'm sure Florida won't mind if Colorado passes on Jones.

Adrian Dater (Avs beat guy) doesn't think it's a bluff. He could be wrong, but hes one of the better beat guys out there. 

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/06/18/avs-to-pass-on-seth-jones-but-is-it-a-bluff/13883/

Adrian Dater (Avs beat guy) doesn't think it's a bluff. He could be wrong, but hes one of the better beat guys out there. 

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/06/18/avs-to-pass-on-seth-jones-but-is-it-a-bluff/13883/

Dater is good, but he's also covering an organisation that's about as transparent as the Devils. What is true and what isn't...we'll see.

I'm thinking this is an attempt to drive up the bidding for the #1 pick. 

Dater is good, but he's also covering an organisation that's about as transparent as the Devils. What is true and what isn't...we'll see.

I'm thinking this is an attempt to drive up the bidding for the #1 pick. 

Also now that Patrick Roy is there and by coaching in the Q he knows Mackinnon and Drouin pretty well seeing them play often so he may be more interested in those guys knowing exactly what they bring

Edited by SterioDesign

Also now that Patrick Roy is there and by coaching in the Q he knows Mackinnon and Drouin pretty well seeing them play often so he may be more interested in those guys knowing exactly what they bring

If I'm an Avs fan I'd be worried about Roy's influence/opinion on this and the next draft or two. Leave scouting and drafting to the scouts.

If you have 4 tickets in your season ticket holder account, 2 of them are your "guaranteed" season ticket holder tickets, and 2 of them are your extras.

The commemorative season ticket holder stubs aren't going to be actual tickets to get in; they're just souvenir tickets you pick up inside.

Wooooow.. Almost gave away all 4 of my tickets to the draft.. They should have been clearer on that to avoid confusion.. I guarantee some people give away their tickets and then can't get in

This is on the devils website. Everyone got just 2 additional tickets.

NHL DRAFT TICKETS

You can now log into your My Devils Account to print your General Admission Draft Tickets for free. There has been a tremendous response from our passionate fans requesting tickets, however we are happy to report for all those accounts that asked for additional tickets, we were able to provide each of you with two additional General Admission tickets. If you requested additional tickets, the two additional tickets will also appear on your My Devils Account, and may be printed for free once you log-in.

Kinda bummed these tickets weren't made public.  My Dad and I would've loved to go to see a few rounds and grab a bite to eat around the arena.

That was my idea too.  Exactly.  I'm hoping I win one of these ticket giveaways they are doing.  But I agree I'm bummed no tickets were made available to the general public.

Kinda bummed these tickets weren't made public.  My Dad and I would've loved to go to see a few rounds and grab a bite to eat around the arena.

they sell tix to the NBA draft, why they couldn't for the NHL I have no idea

Who knows.

Anyone looking for tix should just hang around on here until a few days before the draft. I asked my Father to request 4 extras for me, but I'll probably only use 2-3. I have a feeling there's a bunch of people who are in that situation where they requested as many as they could even if they didn't need them so I'd bet there will be a few tickets to be had before the draft. I also entered that contest, so if they're really giving those out through there, I could even end up with 6 tix total and only needing 2-3.

I mean, having attended an NBA draft (with scalped tickets) - the ticket buying procedure for the NBA draft seems awful, as it's a 'line up the day of'  And the NBA draft doesn't change locations, so that totally changes the dynamic.

Just read something interesting from Hockey360

As its been reported the Avs may lean towards Mackinon

Then it seems like the Panthers are set on Drouin and that the Lighting would prefer either Barkov or Nichushkin since after Stamkos they dont have much depth going forward after Lecavalier is done.

Then the Preds are said to be interested in Barkov or Nuchushkin too as they don't need a young dman now they need offence.

Which means the Canes could end up with Jones which is what they've been looking for for quite awhile.