The Happy Devils Post

devspage

OK guys, the negative has been gone over a billion times already, so what have you been impressed by this year (keeping in mind that our game total is still in single digits, of course)?

--Maddenbrunner Line (I knew it!!)

--Marty's head in the game and stopping blue-line shots.

--The kick-ass penalty kill (this extends to the kick-ass D)

--Elias taking the A to heart; and Madden working his way to a future A.

--The most unsungest hero in hockey and his sidekick, the hardest working midget in hockey

--A wonderful lack of "we need Unabrow" posts since the day the season began (I don't want to infect my own creation, but it's probably most visibile in the PP problems)

--The fourth-line bookends working hard for their money AND dealing with Jefferton at the same time. They should get double pay.

--Mr. Straightforward. Joe Nieuwendyk. This is a hockey player.

Ohmigod, I almost forgot and I don't know how I did, cause it's really my no. 1 thing right now.:

--Pat Burns. The right man for the right job.

--The fact that we have "reserves" -- read as top-notch players who WILL kick into gear.

--Hey, we beat subpar teams!! We didn't do this a lot last year. Got up for important teams, slagged against bad ones.

I just wished the Devils skated more. They aren't hustling to the puck.

Also, the BIG 3 are yet to score a goal. Dano and White are the only defensmen that scored.

Nieder - only 1 assist

I'm sorry, this is the happy post.

We're going to bright and cheery, because 98 percent of the posts have dealt with the downers of our winning hockey team.

But that said I've seen hustle.

I'm not sure what you're expecting from this team -- errorless perfection? Can't be done.

We have a whole season. Of highs, of lows. Of guys struggling, of guys playing well. Of guys healthy, injured.

Sometimes I think the Net has ruined people's enjoyment of sports. Too much time to fret about the things you don't like.

I've been happy at games we've lost. Blindless support of one's team. It's not really a bad thing or one I have to feel regret over.

This is our team. It's what we have. I like them. And we're a HELLUVA lot better off than more than half the league.

KD, if you haven't noticed....this is a thread dedicated to "the happy things" about the Devils. I'm not too sure your negative responses are welcome...Go make a "The Sucky Devils Post" if you want to bitch and moan about how this team shouldn't even exist because they suck so much.

Edit --- wait a second, we already have 35929385 threads about how much the Devils suck....

come on guys, its not like he said

"OMG THE BIG 3 SUCKS AND THE DEVILS WILL NEVER WNI AGAIN!!!!!!"

he did it in a nice manner and wasnt trying to stir up trouble, he was just simply stating what he thought that nieded some fixing

yet i do agree, this is a HAPPY POST!!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!

BE HAPPY

IM HAPPY!!

YOU HAPPY!!

im happy that we have a team that is playing its heart out and working hard for a good outcome. im happy we've got fans like the ppl on this board and im happy that the devils are making us proud, win or lose!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

--Elias taking the A to heart; and Madden working his way to a future A.

Yeah, that unsportsman-like conduct penalty was funny. Elias really shouldn't have done it.

You are the most nit-picky person ever.

Cause a guy took an unsportsmanlike doesn't mean he isn't working hard for his team. He's got respect of his fellow players, that's what I'm talking about.

Mr. Kariya... captain of all that is Disney took an ill-timed one the other day for his team, though, if you want to look at such a penalty as a hideous thing.

People take penalties, people miss breakaways. If it was the easiest game in the world, you and I would be out there and I'd be taking a major game misconduct on you right now.

You really like to focus on one tiny little thing, don't you?

come on guys, its not like he said

"OMG THE BIG 3 SUCKS AND THE DEVILS WILL NEVER WNI AGAIN!!!!!!"

he did it in a nice manner and wasnt trying to stir up trouble, he was just simply stating what he thought that nieded some fixing

I'll repeat again.

Every other post in this damn forum is inundated with what's wrong about the team.

This was trying to be something different. Of course it's not now.

This place is amazing. This is like the worst place to talk Devils hockey.

I know Bruins fans who can talk Devils hockey better than it's done here.

1.The ability for NJ to win lowscoring one goal games due to D and goalie.

2.John Madden

3.John Madden

4.John Madden

5.Oleg Tverdovsky

6.Sergei Brylin

7.Solid PK

8.Scott Gomez

9.Beating inferior opponents and backup goalies unlike recent years.

10.McKenzie-Danton-Stevenson

The thread's fine (except for the fact that only Scott and Dage participated in the idea of it).

KD is a big problem for me right now. Call me sugar-coated, call me whatever, but part of my enjoyment as a fan isn't listening to someone mention every tiny little thing that they see going wrong.

I like talking about the team. I don't like talking about what we should have done, what we're missing. I just like supporting the team we have.

There just ain't a lot of that going on around here. Seems like fans of teams around the league (the smart knowledgable ones, not the ones whose only thoughts on the matter are "your team sucks), have more respect for our team than a lot of people on this board.

So it's not fun for me. And since this is supposed to be fun and not my job or the trying economic times I'm trying to exist in, I'm gonna take off again. Take care of y'all and try to keep your spirits up.

yes i do

i am not sticking up for him anymore because it doesnt help

he was wrong to be negative in this thread, but hes not here right now so we can just get on with the happy thread

RD, cant u just delete his post? lol

What post doesn't belong in this thread? No reason to defend that.

anyway

1. Martin Brodeur - Let's hope he keeps fighting for that Vezina

2. Patrik Elias - Could he score more? Sure. But he's not gripping his stick looking for goals, he's playing solid defense and 3 of his 4 notches are game winners

3. The second line - It's busting at the seams, this line will show up on the score sheet more and more frequently, too much talent for it not to happen.

4. Colin White - Quietly playing solid defense and delivering a big from time to time, keeping himself out of the box

5. Danton - Has kept his mouth shut and hasn't taken too many penalties. He's also not a liability on defense as he scored a goal and is a +1

6. Pat Burns - Has simply done his job.

7. Puck rushers - No, they haven't scored any goals yet, but they do have assists, and more importantly they are solid in the defensive end.

8. And maybe best of all - Jay Maddenbrunner, sorry I stole this one but I love it. Collectively the line has 7 goals, 7 assists, and a +17. Oh yeah, and all three linemates are effective penalty killers.

5. Danton - Has kept his mouth shut and hasn't taken too many penalties. He's also not a liability on defense as he scored a goal and is a +1

6. Pat Burns - Has simply done his job.

i agree with both of these.

since Lou has given Danton another shot, Danton hasnt been playing dirty or mouthing off, and hes showng hes ready to play for the devils with maturity

i agree 199% with blackjack on burns. he hsa done an amazing job making something new out of this team and giving the fans hope.

also Lou, he has made some mistakes here and there but picking up tivo was a great move.

honestly, i think the devils are playing extremeley well, eben if in some cases its a one goal win.