The Happy Devils Post

devspage

I'd definitely have to say Marty Brodeur is what I am most happy with right about now.

While it is awesome that Madden is scoring, I look at them as bonus goals. Though having someone score on all 4 lines is good too.

I have some analysis on the bad side of the Devils play, but Ill keep my mouth shut.

Marty for Vezina this year, definitely.

-The Devils aren't taking bad teams lightly and the effort's been there consistently every game

-The Devils are doing the job against backup goalies

-The best defense in the NHL right now

-A top 3/top 5 goalie every year

-A top 3 GM every year

-All of the forwards you care about scoring have scored (and even some you don't expect scoring from); it's always nice to get that first goal on the board.

-Burns has been coach of the year in three different cities, each time in his first year with a new team

-The record itself, considering we have a lot of new players and are in transition

-The team's not playing perfectly (PP scoring, Big Three scoring) which means there's room for improvement

devspage:

The thread's fine (except for the fact that only Scott and Dage participated in the idea of it).

Well I would have done so earlier except I got bumped off the computer TWICE trying to make a post in this thread :evilcry:

Sorry that KingEgo aggravated you to that extent :( I hope you reconsider; even with all the negativity here, there are far more realists here than whiners.

-I think the addition of Tverdovsky has been a great plus for the team. Absolutely loved his take chargeness with the puck vs. Chicago.

-Brodeur's playing outstanding. Hoping this year's the year for that ellusive "V" (shh..)

-Pando/Madden/Lang line looking good.

-Brylin and Gionta (mighty mites) make watching the game even better.

:clap: LETS GO DEVILS! :clap:

Hell, this one's easy.

-Team defense. There is no better defensive team in the league right now. The only question mark on D was whether or not Tverdovsky would be a defensive liability. He has proven he is not.

-John Madden. It's sad and mind-boggling that this guy never got PP time prior to this year.

-Colin White. Solid D, no penalties.

-Martin Brodeur. So far the guy has done enough to win 7 of 9 games. He hasn't allowed any long, super-soft goals. We can only hope this continues.

-Sergei Brylin. 100% effort, 100% of the time.

this was a good idea for a topic....and while i have been one of those who complianes about scoring, weak schedule, etc.

as far as this team is concerned there really is allot be happy about. most, if not everyone is playing solid, while that may not land us a 3rd stanley cup they all seem to be doing the little things right now....from the coach to the vets to the rookies.

Hey everyone. Thanks for taking part (and the support.)

I'll try and gut out. I think I was particularly not in the mood yesterday cause other stuff around here ain't so hot.

And of course take the first step that I should take...

Hooray for Devspage :clap::)

I'm glad you're sticking around for now.

I have to say, I've REALLY liked the play of Little G so far. I'm not saying that because he is my favorite, I'm saying that cause it needs to be said.

He has been hustling his little freaken ass off every shift of every game is has been rewarded with 3 pts so far because of it. Sooner or later him and Neuwy are going to click and it will be wonder to watch.

I forget the exact number but its something like the Devs have ONLY given up 9 even strength goals out of 14. 9!!!! That is sick.

Agree with blackjack, Burns is definitely doing his job. We are a +10 in goal diff. (24 GF and 14 GA) which is definitely respectful, considering last year we were probably at like 14 GF and 25 GA.

the MaPaLa Line (Madden-Pando-Langy line...yes it took me ALLLLLLL day to come up with a nickname for that line during school and thats the best sh!t i can come up with :lol: ) played just one fan freaken tastic game on Sat. and will probably continue to do so with Maddog being the center piece. He has just played out of this world. I remember my brother and I saying last year "when is madden going to step up cause he really needs to?!?!" well its a year later but it was well worth it, this guy SMELLS like captain if he keeps this up. He's got the heart the Rangers fans wish their players had.

Marty is the Marty we all know and love so far this year, being a workhouse and being spectacular back there for us. Should have atleast 3 SO's right now if it weren't for deflection goals. Giving up only 14 GA's in 9 games is fantastic (yes definitely got help from the stingy D but still was back there when the D collapsed). Q-tip boy's first game will be against the Habs in one of the home and home games, I really have no doubt about that.

Big 3. Not yet on the scoring sheet like we wanted (except for maybe Tivo with those 6 assists and def is the best Big 3 right now) but no goals by any of them. They will come, no doubt, and once they do so will those PPG's. They are going to be looked upon to spark that PP and taking accurate shots from the point is a great way to start. Look for the Big 3's first goal to come on the PP.

That's it for now. Just wanna say I'm extremely happy with this team and will be looking forward to Thrusday's game (even tho im working 4-10 :( ) to see if this team can take on an extremely good team. I think we are going to be in for a great game, lets hope I'm not wrong.

Go Devils!

I'm just happy these aren't the same Devils from last year. Happy to see things working for Madden. Happy Pando made good on his chat goal of improved offense -- for one game at least! Happy Dano scored and seems happy, you know? Happy the Ranger$ suck (oops sorry Derek!)

I think I might really like Tver's style. I only listened to the game Saturday but he looked great against the Lightening. It's kind of exciting what might exist there.

While reticent I am rather pleased with what I see.

And of course I'm just happy hockey is back! and Scott Stevens :evil: even if you all think he's old and sucks.

only one thing i see that majorly sucks for is THAT I CAN'T WATCH ANY FREAKIN GAMES!!!!!

this kills me, i havent seen ANY games so far, but listened to them on the net, ive looked in the freaking FRENCH CHANNELS to see if theyd show it

just wanna thank paige for the GREAT topic! u r the best!!

and thaks to everyone whos told me whats going on in the game when i cant listen!!

O! and i also like how Tivo is playing (did i say this already??) even tho he seems to be taking nieds' place, i think i can handel it!!

GO DEVILS!!!!

Poor Nieder! I feel for you. Last spring after the trade, all I could do was try to get the game on the internet, which didn't work too well most of the time. So then I would have to wait up for NHL tonight to try to see some highlights . . . anything! At least I could get the ESPN games.

:(

yah, but as long as i can listen, hear my boys' names and know what the frig is going on i am happy! haha even tho im on a 2 minute delay and DREW always spils it for me when we score, i am still extatic!

see, no matter what, being a devils fan kicks BUTT!