2012 NFL Front Office Carousel

Hi, I'm VALUE!

So he loses Lee, Ratliff, Spencer, Carter and Ware by the end of the season, and ROB RYAN gets fired?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you fraking kidding me Jerry??? Year after year you keep and promote that inept soulless ginger who's been here close to a DECADE and you actually fire the ONE COACH WHO ACTUALLY DID HIS JOB AND IMPROVED THE DAMN DEFENSE EVERY YEAR?!??!?!?!? *sigh*......I've had it......I can't root for this team anymore until something near fatal happens to Jerry Jones.....thank God I own four XFL jerseys....I'm gonna need them for next year.....

un-damned-believable.........

As someone who grew up hating (but still respecting) the Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys: I love too see the magic that Jerry Jones wields on the once great franchise. I no longer hate the Cowboys because as long as Jerry calls the shots, they are no threat to anyone year after year. This is great news for the Giants, Eagles and Redskins!

As someone who grew up hating (but still respecting) the Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson run Cowboys: I love too see the magic that Jerry Jones wields on the once great franchise. I no longer hate the Cowboys because as long as Jerry calls the shots, they are no threat to anyone year after year. This is great news for the Giants, Eagles and Redskins!

The talent is certainly there. Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit for that if you assume he's the one making the personnel moves. Previously, they choked in the playoffs, and now they're underachieving the whole season. Question is, how much blame for that falls on the GM.

The talent is certainly there. Jerry Jones deserves a lot of credit for that if you assume he's the one making the personnel moves. Previously, they choked in the playoffs, and now they're underachieving the whole season. Question is, how much blame for that falls on the GM.

His offensive line sucks....his receivers are glass....so are his running backs, he promotes and keeps the inept coach around and FIRES the one WHO DID HIS JOB WELL....you tell me

Jerry needs the Bill Wirtz treatment....drink till he don't get up no more.....

That is the rub. Regardless of the talent on the Cowboys they will never be a top team because the players look upon the coaching staff as expendable and without any real authority. Having the Owner as GM is more a benefit for the players to buddy up to. The Cowboys are very much like the Raiders, but with better scouting.

Edited by MantaRay

His offensive line sucks....his receivers are glass....so are his running backs, he promotes and keeps the inept coach around and FIRES the one WHO DID HIS JOB WELL....you tell me

Jerry needs the Bill Wirtz treatment....drink till he don't get up no more.....

Injuries you can't predict, so I don't think he should get the blame for his receivers and back being glass. In any event, I'd take Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten on my team any day.

Injuries you can't predict, so I don't think he should get the blame for his receivers and back being glass. In any event, I'd take Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten on my team any day.

These guys get hurt EVERY GODDAMN YEAR, at the very least you need to take a SERIOUS look into your medical staff and your off-season conditioning....Miles Austin pulls a goddamn hamstring putting his pants on....Murray's been hurt two years in a row....Felix Jones has always been brittle....it's damned absurd now....

And believe me you'd not have to twist my arm very hard to send Miles Austin to Miami.....

These guys get hurt EVERY GODDAMN YEAR, at the very least you need to take a SERIOUS look into your medical staff and your off-season conditioning....Miles Austin pulls a goddamn hamstring putting his pants on....Murray's been hurt two years in a row....Felix Jones has always been brittle....it's damned absurd now....

And believe me you'd not have to twist my arm very hard to send Miles Austin to Miami.....

I want no part of Miles Austin, thanks. I'll take Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and get a WR in the draft long before I consider trading for a guy who gets hurt brushing his teeth.

Do you agree with the statement that the Cowboys underachieve? If so, it's a concession that it's a talented roster, all things considered. That no one says a team like the Bills underachieve shows that it has inept personnel decision makers.

Obviously Jerry Jones has issues, most notably with the coaching staff. Still he's better than his detractors give him credit for.

I want no part of Miles Austin, thanks. I'll take Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings and get a WR in the draft long before I consider trading for a guy who gets hurt brushing his teeth.

If you pulled him off the scrap heat like the Cowboys did, you'd take him, or at least you'd consider it a good move. It doesn't have as much to do with how good I think he is right now, only that Some of the criticism of Jerry Jones is unfair.

MaDDog, would you have rather the Phins drafted Dez Bryant, instead of Odrick and Misi? I would.

If you pulled him off the scrap heat like the Cowboys did, you'd take him, or at least you'd consider it a good move. It doesn't have as much to do with how good I think he is right now, only that Some of the criticism of Jerry Jones is unfair.

MaDDog, would you have rather the Phins drafted Dez Bryant, instead of Odrick and Misi? I would.

Dez is a pain in the ass. Dude's a grown man and needs a fvcking baby-sitter to make sure he doesn't get in trouble- and this is in DALLAS. If he played in Miami, he'd need a secret service detail to keep him in line. Odrick and Misi aren't bad players- they're just not great players. I would've just stayed at 12 and drafted Earl Thomas that year, but Jeff Ireland's a fvcking dipsh!t, so...

When you look at the glory positions....yes he does....but the spots you ACTUALLY WIN GAMES AT....head coach....offensive line.....d-line (even when Ratliff was healthy he's not a true 3-4 NT)....he's done an AWFUL job....and this stumbling idiot comes out there and proclaims them Super Bowl contenders every year....and every year it's the same garbage.....you can take Jerry Jones too when you trade for Austin and Dez too :P

When you look at the glory positions....yes he does....but the spots you ACTUALLY WIN GAMES AT....head coach....offensive line.....d-line (even when Ratliff was healthy he's not a true 3-4 NT)....he's done an AWFUL job....and this stumbling idiot comes out there and proclaims them Super Bowl contenders every year....and every year it's the same garbage.....you can take Jerry Jones too when you trade for Austin and Dez too :P

Saying competing for a Super Bowl is obvious bluster, but almost every year they're relevant while usually having one of the harder schedules in the NFL, just by virtue of their divisional games. There's the playoff drought, but it's very difficult to make the playoffs in the NFL, especially when you play in a tough division. That's more than you can say for about 20 other teams in the league.

On the coaching staff. It's not an easy call for any team between firing a coach once his performance slips and stability. Firing a coach every couple of years seemed to really work out for the Raiders, right? He hasn't invested a lot in a bust QB that set the franchise back several years, see Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, which is THE cardinal sin that any GM can make.

Again, he's not perfect, but he's not Al Davis in his senile years either.

Edited by Daniel

Saying competing for a Super Bowl is obvious bluster, but every year it seems they're picked to be a contender while usually having one of the harder schedules in the NFL, just by virtue of their divisional games. That's more than you can say for about 20 other teams in the league.

Again, he's not perfect, but he's not Al Davis in his senile years either.

If its this bad now, can you imagine what it'll be like once Jerry gets a little older and reaches Al's age and/or senility level? Cowboys fans have tons to look forward to in that regard lmao.

On the coaching staff. It's not an easy call for any team between firing a coach once his performance slips and stability. Firing a coach every couple of years seemed to really work out for the Raiders, right? He hasn't invested a lot in a bust QB that set the franchise back several years, see Jamarcus Russell, Sam Bradford, Matt Cassell, Mark Sanchez, which is THE cardinal sin that any GM can make.

Oh really??? Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson :rofl:

Every other GM in the league would have been executed for this much stupidity

Sean Peyton also tried to take Romo with him to New Orleans as well

And still above all he gets NO ONE TO PROTECT THIS GUY UP FRONT, and the D-Line's been AWFUL for years

You win the game in the DAMN TRENCHES

I'm not asking for "perfect" I'm asking for "compitent"

Oh really??? Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson :rofl:

Every other GM in the league would have been executed for this much stupidity

Sean Peyton also tried to take Romo with him to New Orleans as well

Those were bad quarterbacks that are immediately disposable. I also don't know whether you could point to a bona fide QB they passed up on when they had a QB need. It's the same way I didn't get up in arms with Dolphins management for having to resort to Fiedler, Frerrotte, etc. There was no great available QB staring them in the face, Drew Brees being available in the draft is the only one that comes to mind, and it took him a long time and a good coach to turn into the QB he is now. The disaster is betting the farm on a QB that turns into a bust. Jerry Jones hasn't done that.

Obviously Jerry Jones has issues, most notably with the coaching staff. Still he's better than his detractors give him credit for.

When your talented team realizes that the de facto Boss is actually the GM/Owner you have effectively rendered the annual coaching staff as powerless and therefore obsolete.

Monte Kiffin was a good d-coordinator in the pros, I don't know what happened to him at USC but it's not a terrible hire.

Jerry's only real smart moves were hiring Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, he erased the former by firing him and the latter reached his usual expiration date of maintaining his interest.