2013 NJDevs Fantasy Hockey

redruM

I am so done with this season, the fourth start I missed Khudobin in net (probably another shutout with my luck) and I was checking Yahoo, I checked the Bruins' HF board like an hour before the game but I didn't really think they'd put him in anyway after Rask was supposed to start the other night and obviously didn't.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some bad luck in nets...  Fleury and Nabakov each have better stats than your teams stats; meaning bad start selections - which is a crapshoot largely.

I wanted to start Mason last night over Lundqvist off a feeling; but in the end, stayed safe and lost on it.

For scoring; it's DSedin's losing his scoring touch...  but I'm also not a fan of having 4 Canucks.

I did not start out with 4 canucks..  originally it was only Sedin, picked up Kessler & Hanse off waivers & traded for Burrows, gernally I donot like that many players from 1 team, but Van  has been pretty hot lately.  Sedin has killed me, I expected much more scoring from him comsidering where I took him...

And you are 100% right bout my goalies, I was playing Fluery alot early and his stats were not great, switched to Nab, and fluery gets a Shut, switch back and he leets up a 5 spot, same the other way, just really bad choices on my part, I need to get a 1st round goalie and just play him every night ...

Kesler on waivers, injuries aside, is silly to me.    Almost as bad as getting JVR on waivers.  (in a deep league like this).

Every year I like my draft and feel I make some good free agency pickups...   but I often lose on trades.  

This year I feel I did better with trades, but no steals...  Suter was great; but I gave up Kane for him.

1. Henrik Lundqvist     -active roster-
Slow start like usual, but really picked it up at the end

2. Jonathan Toews   -active roster-

Very happy with this pick

3. Patrick Kane  -traded-

Traded with Kostka (hot atm D) and Kipprusoff (later) for Suter, Franzen Theodore... thought for sure I was going to regret this one, but Suter lead my D this year... Franzen, so-so.

4. Taylor Hall  -active roster-

Very happy with this pick

5. Mike Richards  -traded-

Disapointing... I thought he was going to do a lot better.  Traded with for Lecavalier

6. Brent Burns -active roster-

Looked like a bust and I was very disapointed

7. Oliver Ekman-Larsson -active roster-
Can't complain... put up what I thought I was getting with him.

8. Tyler Ennis -active roster-

I thought he was going to have a better year...  he was steady as my Utility player though this year

9. Radim Vrbata  -active roster-

When I drafted Vrbata, I had instant regret.  I needed a RW2 and I wanted Jagr who just was taken.   I was debating between Vrbata and Ryder; and rolled the dice on Vrbata and felt bad on it...   in the end, he did alright;  Ryder was better though.

10. Bryan Little -active roster-

Decent depth player drafted for depth...  I was hoping he hit double digit goals though; he won't. 

11. Miikka Kiprusoff -traded-
I though this was a steal; instead Kipper is shot.   I was able to toss him into my Suter deal as an 'upgrade' over Theodore... but really, both goalies were injured garbage.

12. Dmitry Kulikov -active roster-
Hitting, blocking D will be injured and he was... I have no complaints but I didn't start him much because I filled his role with Schenn.

13. Luke Schenn  -active roster-
Very happy with Luke Schenn...   lots of blocking and hitting, and he doesn't kill my +/-.    Great 4th D for me.

14. Vinny Prospal -traded-

Decent depth forward, but I wasn't playing him.   I paired him with Richards for Lecavalier

15. Adam Larsson -dropped-

My Devil selection, my Devil drop.  I thought he might put up decent points this year... but no.

16. Todd Bertuzzi -dropped-
Didn't keep him very long.  I think he had a 2 goal game, but then was injured early...  

17. Craig Smith -dropped-

I took a flyer and threw it out down the block.

18. Troy Brouwer -active roster-

Very happy with Brouwer...  for where I got him, he's been an excellant depth forward.  I tried to play the streaks to get some extra goals.

Solid Free Agents:

Jiri Tlusty- Can't complain... streaky scorer; I've collect some goals off him

Revolving Free Agents:

Gregory Campbell- Hot with Jagr... I haven't used him; likely wont.

Steve Mason - Seems to be putting up decent numbers in Philly

Martin Biron- Useless really, but handcuff for Lundqvist

Trades:

Ryan Suter- Just loved this pickup... wish he'd score some goals though

Johan Franzen- Injured for a bit...  wanted more offense, like his dual-wing though

Vincent Lecavalier- I got the center I thought I was getting... again, a few more goals I'd be happier...  the injury was annoying/

Hmm... why is Zidlicky making forward roster changes... he's maxed out.   

It also looks like he was able to sneak a 97th game for both C and LW.  I was wondering how Yahoo handles choosing which performance to use if players are playing at the same time  (or in the same game)...    

Edited by aylbert

Yeah you can get around the game limits slightly, I've done it the last few years lol (one extra game out of forward spots or as many as three extra on D if you have one game left and four playing that day). Can't get around it at Utility or Goalie though since you only play one game a day there.

And if the owner knew he was over the game limits he wouldn't have been over the limit with a week left lol

Hmm... why is Zidlicky making forward roster changes... he's maxed out.   

It also looks like he was able to sneak a 97th game for both C and LW.  I was wondering how Yahoo handles choosing which performance to use if players are playing at the same time  (or in the same game)...    

More like MAZZED OUT...Amirite?!

Zidlicky's balls are bottoming out in the worst way... Amirite?!

As soon as Zids was taken I should have went with one of these other choices: Scott Robs Niedermayer, I'm Tappen Kathryn or Strappin' Young Ladd

Still though..still hangin' around in 5th. Not too shabby at all.

Edited by TheMazz

As soon as Zids was taken I should have went with one of these other choices: Scott Robs Niedermayer, I'm Tappen Kathryn or Strappin' Young Ladd

Still though..still hangin' around in 5th. Not too shabby at all.

All fun names... and my dig was in good jest.    Hanging around 5 aint bad at all.    I was in  the cellar my first few years.

All fun names... and my dig was in good jest.    Hanging around 5 aint bad at all.    I was in  the cellar my first few years.

Oh yeah I got that it was in jest right away. No harm done. Trust me I'm a type of person that's not easily offended. haha.

And I'm convinced I'd be in the basement this year if it wasn't for that Nash deal.

Edited by TheMazz

Oh yeah I got that it was in jest right away. No harm done. Trust me I'm a type of person that's not easily offended. haha.

And I'm convinced I'd be in the basement this year if it wasn't for that Nash deal.

It was his first year... but I didn't exactly hold back my criticism of that deal.   Nick said it was a long season and we'll see.   We were about equal with each in the middle at the time... Now he is sitting 101 pts behind me.

The Kane for Suter/Franzen deal - I think I'd be happy on either side of that deal.    The Nash deal was a hosing in any light.

Live and learn; I hope he comes back strong next year!

If i had a guy on my roster that I could move to IR to replace Karlsson I could do it today, but becuase i need to drop a player it will not let it happen until tmrw, I should have thought ahead and just put him on the roster... stupid me....  Just another bad decision i have made this year,

If i had a guy on my roster that I could move to IR to replace Karlsson I could do it today, but becuase i need to drop a player it will not let it happen until tmrw, I should have thought ahead and just put him on the roster... stupid me....  Just another bad decision i have made this year,

To play nice; on Sunday; you should be playing Karlsson as utility... since you kill your Defense usage on Saturday.  :)

I almost wish I didn't get this close, now I know I would be in the lead for sure if I hadn't missed those four goalie starts lol.  Or I might be in the lead anyway if the Devils had bothered to score one or two lousy goals on Lundqvist today, I thought I was done after that.  At least I might have made tomorrow semi-interesting assuming you don't nose further away in the late games (I have my utility game left with a goalie playing tomorrow) :P

Rask holding onto a third-period lead or even the shutout would have helped too.  I needed to have a perfect day to catch you, so far it's been somewhat close but not nearly enough.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I almost wish I didn't get this close, now I know I would be in the lead for sure if I hadn't missed those four goalie starts lol.  Or I might be in the lead if the Devils had bothered to score one or two lousy goals on Lundqvist today.  At least it might have made tomorrow semi-interesting assuming you don't nose further away in the late games (I have my utility game left with a goalie playing tomorrow) :P

I'm well aware.     I'm actually upset I had Schenn on my bench when I knew Kulikov was done for the season.   Those 2 blocks would have broken our 395 block tie against each.  Every .5 counts.

I'm more concerned with Boston Goalies right now...     We were tied on GAA before today, now i hold a .07 advantage.  But save % tight now I hold a .001 lead on you.   So a good game gets you the title.     

It's always good to be in the lead...   but I'm not exactly celebrating tonight like I thought I would be this afternoon when the shutout posted.  (I've long given up on the Devs this season to even bother caring about being shutout against the f'n Rags)

The problem with tomorrow is having my two remaining players at cross-odds with each other.  For example, I can pass one team in SOG and two teams in goals scored with a good day from Michalek (and/or numbers from my two D tonight) but that wouldn't help vis-a-vis Rask/Khudobin.  I was even looking at Boston forwards to pick up just to alleviate that but they're all the fourth line guys, none really worth throwing a flier on.  I could always pick up a D and play them in utility just to get blocks and not have to go against my goalies scoring-wise but I'm not going to completely know how the categories shake out by the time I go to bed.

The problem with tomorrow is having my two remaining players at cross-odds with each other.  For example, I can pass one team in SOG and two teams in goals scored with a good day from Michalek (and/or numbers from my two D tonight) but that wouldn't help vis-a-vis Rask/Khudobin.  I was even looking at Boston forwards to pick up just to alleviate that but they're all the fourth line guys, none really worth throwing a flier on.  I could always pick up a D and play them in utility just to get blocks and not have to go against my goalies scoring-wise but I'm not going to completely know how the categories shake out by the time I go to bed.

That is true... for some reason in my head I had it that you had Lucic and Boston G tomorrow.     So slightly better for me.    Hopefully Hall, Vrbata, Burns, or Ekkman-Larsson can get me a block or two...    a shortie point would be great.   You're in that climb where I was in mid March; where I just bypassed the tight group of idling teams with some heavy offense.   A 2 or 3 goal game from Michalek could do wonders; but the Sens play rather tight...

It's like I said...  I'm most fearful of goaltending...      which means Michalek will sink me.