Njdevs domain redirecting

Devlin

I had posted this sometime back when I first joined that I kept getting redirected to some AD site...I usually just post via my TAB and tried to access the site this morning using Firefox, I got redirected again.

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I just tried it again after seeing your post and now out isn't redirecting!

Was taking me to some short url site with an online AD saying you are about to unlock content which of course locks you into advertisement sites.

I run multiple malware apps below and all come up clean...not sure why it happens on occasion. The account I have setup for this computer is managed via group policy on my network with no admin rights too.<br /><br />Malwarebytes<br />AdAware<br />AVG (anti virus)<br />

Edited by Devlin

Could it have something to do with one of the ads? Supposedly the advertisers aren't allowed to pull tricks like this, but sometimes they embed something in their ads that open up pop-up windows or redirect pages or things like that.

Np at all...I might turn on firebug for my browser and see what it picks up in debug mode...will let you know what I find and email you the output log. :)

That's a good idea. I'll turn on Firebug too and see what comes up.

I run multiple malware apps below and all come up clean...not sure why it happens on occasion. The account I have setup for this computer is managed via group policy on my network with no admin rights too.<br /><br />Malwarebytes<br />AdAware<br />AVG (anti virus)<br />

I suggested running in Safe Mode. I must now assume that you did. I don't trust AdAware and am close to dumping AVG. I use Malwarebyte and a few others. Good luck.

**backs out of thread**

strangely enough it happened the two times I was being lazy and just googled NJDevs, the google search page sent me to the weird shortname thing.

Yeah, I can reproduce that. It's happened with each of the four browsers I have installed (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE), but only the first time I've tried it. It sets a cookie that supposedly prevents the redirection from happening every time you come in. (I suppose I should say it happens every time you arrive via Google without the cookie, not just the first time.) And so far it looks like it's only when coming in from Google; I tried hitting the site directly with an empty cache and no cookies and there was no redirection.

And BTW, it's not just Google, it's Bing too, as I just tried it there. But it's weird that it only happens when you visit the site from a search engine and not if you type in the URL.

Okay, make a liar out of me. :P

I thought maybe it was something in the skin itself, so I went in to the admin panel and changed the theme to the IPB default. Cleared out my cookies and cache, went back to Google, clicked on the NJDevs link, no redirection with Ol' Blue Eyes. Progress, methinks. Switched the skin back to the color changer theme, wash, rinse, and repeat. Lo and behold, no redirection again!

So... I think it's fixed? Both times I changed the default theme, the admin panel wrote out fresh copies of all the skin files to the server, so I'm thinking that if there was a problem, it was only with the files that had been there and it went away when the rebuild overwrote everything. Keep your eyes open, though, we'll see if this pops up again.

So... I think it's fixed? Both times I changed the default theme, the admin panel wrote out fresh copies of all the skin files to the server, so I'm thinking that if there was a problem, it was only with the files that had been there and it went away when the rebuild overwrote everything. Keep your eyes open

So far so good! :)

Just saw this thread and wanted to chime in, I just got sent to that random spammy website from google.

The URL, for what it's worth, was: (CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK, potential unclean site)

http://url4short.info/a7b7f6f1

I know this computer is 100% clean, so it's not a virus on my end or something like that.

Edited by Devilsfan118

No redirect from Google. I don't really use Google except for alerts. I use a less sofisticated non tracking search engine.

So it ended up being a form of malware. I hate that kind that doesn't show up in scans. Sometimes when I get messed up I do a sysptem restore to before the event and don't care if I lose anything as long as my machine is clean again.