Gamecenter Live Price

socbrian

For the out of market fans or in-market with vpn / proxy setup.

Someone on reddit.com posted that they called the 1-800 number and they said the season will be $49.99

They said the site will be updated today.

Not to bad IMO.

Edit: the site is updated and the price is 49.99 for the season

Edited by socbrian

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting to see when they auto-renew me. I sent an inquiry to customer support and got two responses, one saying I'll be auto-renewed before Jan. 19th, and the other saying my account is already active and my billing cycle will start on Jan. 21st. In other words, no one seems to know.

Regarding vpn/proxy - does it choose your location by your credit card or by your physical network location? If I buy gamecenter and I have to travel for work, can I watch the devils with it?

So how the gamecenter works is that when you load a game it checkes your devices (laptop, xbox, ps3, apple tv...) IP address and figures out what market you are in. (mobile apps use your GSP location - which can be faked also). So when you use a vpn or proxy it sends the gamecenter server the IP of where the vpn/proxy server is (out of the market you want)

hope this is clear

So is there a free preview week for this too? I've never even been able to use it on my computer until this year.

There is normally like a 5-minute free preview that you get every night per computer. And normally the TV (cable) Center Ice has a week free preview but have seen nothing on the front.

I am waiting for them to release the xbox app, they said by Saturday it will be out

There is normally like a 5-minute free preview that you get every night per computer. And normally the TV (cable) Center Ice has a week free preview but have seen nothing on the front.

I am waiting for them to release the xbox app, they said by Saturday it will be out

I think I saw the TV preview was from the 19th to the 31st of January

Might go for GCL. Rutgers-Newark TV has no Devils games which is ridiculous and proxy could save me

So how the gamecenter works is that when you load a game it checkes your devices (laptop, xbox, ps3, apple tv...) IP address and figures out what market you are in. (mobile apps use your GSP location - which can be faked also). So when you use a vpn or proxy it sends the gamecenter server the IP of where the vpn/proxy server is (out of the market you want)

hope this is clear

Would a vpn or proxy also allow you to get around the blackout restrictions on a ps3/xbox or roku?

Would a vpn or proxy also allow you to get around the blackout restrictions on a ps3/xbox or roku?

It could in theory. I never tired, will this upcoming season with my xbox. The tricky thing is that I know xbox you can not connect to a vpn or proxy with xbox software (I dont think u can with ps3 and roku) so you have to either use your router (need to have like dd-wrt installed on it) or use your laptop to bridge the connection from the internet to the xbox/ps3/roku.

It gets complicated but I am sure there is youtube videos out there on how to accomplish this

The Xbox 360 app is up and running. The one thing I really don't like is that they list the 3 stars of the game from last seasons games so you basically know who won.

I tried to use the ps3 app but apparently it's not up yet cause they are rolling out the new app for the season. I really hope they don't list the 3 stars of the game with no way of removing it on all the games on both apps now.

Edited by Satans Hockey

So what would prevent me from getting GC and then my brother accessing the account as well? Do they prevent this, or can we both watch on our XBoxs at the same time? He lives in GA now

I saw on Reddit if one person's signed in, it boots you off when another person signs in on the same account

So what would prevent me from getting GC and then my brother accessing the account as well? Do they prevent this, or can we both watch on our XBoxs at the same time? He lives in GA now

I saw on Reddit if one person's signed in, it boots you off when another person signs in on the same account

I am gunna try my computer / laptop / xbox / iphone all at once when the games start. I don't have two of the same device so I can't try 2 xboxs

I'm having the same PS3 issue. I'm waiting for a response from them, but apparently people over at HF have been told by the GCL people that the PS3 app won't be ready until Feb. 1.

I have both so it's not a big deal for me but that's just another thing the NHL has dropped the ball on. What the hell took them so long to have these apps ready to go? They should have been ready in September, how the hell aren't they ready with an extra 4 months off? What a joke.

I wonder who we can complain to about the 3 stars of the game being listed underneath archived games, I hope they don't do it for the current season either, it's a real annoyance, if you can shut the scores off you should be able to shut the 3 stars of the games off. I really don't like the layout of the new xbox app and that's why I was trying to use the ps3 version cause I liked their app from last year.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Will do. I am also going to try and scream the PHL/PIT game using a proxy pointed to canada. I will let you all u know after the games start! I can't wait. :dizzy:

Don't even know what that proxy stuff means but if it works I'm all for it! Btw where in Canada are you from? Always find it awesome to meet Devils fans not from NJ

Don't even know what that proxy stuff means but if it works I'm all for it! Btw where in Canada are you from? Always find it awesome to meet Devils fans not from NJ

In in the US, North Carolina as of now, but I am from NJ. Proxy basically take your internet connection and reroutes it do different part of the world so like nhl.com think your somewhere else. (get around blackouts).

Also. I heard that the PS3 app is not NHL's fault. The PS store was not accepting new updates and there is issues with the PS Store

In in the US, North Carolina as of now, but I am from NJ. Proxy basically take your internet connection and reroutes it do different part of the world so like nhl.com think your somewhere else. (get around blackouts).

Also. I heard that the PS3 app is not NHL's fault. The PS store was not accepting new updates and there is issues with the PS Store

Ah my bad just assumed from your post you weren't from here.. Thanks for the explanation I may need to contact you for help if this thing works out