Gamecenter Live Price

socbrian

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started using the xbox app on Saturday. Didnt work at first but they fixed whatever was broken and it was pretty nice for most of the game. The game has a slightly different look to it compared to the over the air Center Ice I typically used in the past. I guess its the streaming thing. I missed the second goal because it chose that moment to buffer. mutter.

Started using the xbox app on Saturday. Didnt work at first but they fixed whatever was broken and it was pretty nice for most of the game. The game has a slightly different look to it compared to the over the air Center Ice I typically used in the past. I guess its the streaming thing. I missed the second goal because it chose that moment to buffer. mutter.

Yeah, I was hoping to use Game Center on my Xbox this year instead of Center Ice (I live in South Jersey so I don't get Devils games unless I buy one of those two packages) but I wasn't totally happy with the quality when I tested it out this weekend. A bit laggy and jumpy on the Xbox, so I think I'll stick with Center Ice.

GameCenter last year provided a vastly superior experience to me than Center Ice ever has.

I attribute the problems this year to the spike in demand for GameCenter... people are becoming more open to paying for an online streaming service, rather than paying for a package through a pay tv service.

I wasn't bitching at GameCenter Saturday... I was bitching about all of you, and all my friends on FB, who are just trying it for the first time now :) They will get the problems resolved in short order... This is also the first year they have XBox; last year I streamed from my PC to my TV; and used the mobile apps (phone/tablet) without issue. It's great having the ability to switch feeds, have key momements bookmarked (Goals, big saves, etc), condensed games, etc... all things I could never do on Center Ice. Most of the times I was stuck watching a poor standard def pic because the Devils games would never make it to the HD feed... and sometimes even when they were home, theyd carry the away feed.

Some of the blame is on the carrier though (how much bandwidth they dedicate to Center Ice, etc); but still... Saturday sucked, but I would definitely stick with it longer.

After relying on illegal streams for the last few years I decided to give Gamecenter a shot.

It works like a dream on my Sony Google TV using Chrome. after a few tweaks.

I had to set up the settings to allow pop-ups from 'gamecenter.nhl.com' as well as 'nhl.com'.

While Google TV does have a NHL Gamecenter App, it is only for scores/highlights and does not support Gamecenter LIVE streams. Need to use web browser.

Using a VPN, I was able to by-pass the blacked out games.

My only complaint is that for whatever reason, the mosaic view does not work. Not really concerned as I do not watch more than 1 game at once.

Also tried on tablet, android phone, and linux computer, all worked flawlessly.

After relying on illegal streams for the last few years I decided to give Gamecenter a shot.

It works like a dream on my Sony Google TV using Chrome. after a few tweaks.

I had to set up the settings to allow pop-ups from 'gamecenter.nhl.com' as well as 'nhl.com'.

While Google TV does have a NHL Gamecenter App, it is only for scores/highlights and does not support Gamecenter LIVE streams. Need to use web browser.

Using a VPN, I was able to by-pass the blacked out games.

My only complaint is that for whatever reason, the mosaic view does not work. Not really concerned as I do not watch more than 1 game at once.

Also tried on tablet, android phone, and linux computer, all worked flawlessly.

same here...for the first time I buy nhl gamecenter.

it works well, but only one thing is worrying me...and thats blacked out games.

please can you help me with VPN? what I have to do for by-passing the blacked out games?

Thanks in advance

GameCenter last year provided a vastly superior experience to me than Center Ice ever has.

I attribute the problems this year to the spike in demand for GameCenter... people are becoming more open to paying for an online streaming service, rather than paying for a package through a pay tv service.

I wasn't bitching at GameCenter Saturday... I was bitching about all of you, and all my friends on FB, who are just trying it for the first time now :) They will get the problems resolved in short order... This is also the first year they have XBox; last year I streamed from my PC to my TV; and used the mobile apps (phone/tablet) without issue. It's great having the ability to switch feeds, have key momements bookmarked (Goals, big saves, etc), condensed games, etc... all things I could never do on Center Ice. Most of the times I was stuck watching a poor standard def pic because the Devils games would never make it to the HD feed... and sometimes even when they were home, theyd carry the away feed.

Some of the blame is on the carrier though (how much bandwidth they dedicate to Center Ice, etc); but still... Saturday sucked, but I would definitely stick with it longer.

Yeah, I had Gamecenter last year and really liked it. It's a shame they're off to a craptastic start this year, between the PS3 app not even being ready and the rest of the bugs they're encountering.

But to be fair, even though I really like GCL, it's still buggy even when it works well. All season last year I had to deal with those annoying buffering moment in mid-action. I'm a pretty patient guy, but it drove my fiancee through the wall.

I will say this, though. Even though the PS3 app still isn't ready, I streamed some of last night's action straight to my iPhone for the first time and really was impressed by the quality. I flipped between the football game and the Rags/Pens on NHL Network while flipping between games on my phone. It was pretty sweet.

If you have DirecTV, Center Ice might be a better option just because they offer HD while Comcast doesn't. But I really like the flexibility GCL has. Once it's fully up and running, it's pretty awesome.

its like my 4-5th year with gamecenter but it's pretty bad this year... full of bugs... you can't watch more than 1 games at the same time, when you click on another game to put it in the other view its going to the preview page instead of the game.

i hope they get their sh!t together soon, i called technical support last night and after waiting half an hour it just hung up.

Does anyone have issues with fast forwarding on the xbox app? I like to fast forward during stoppages so I can watch games quicker but the fast forwarding is so iffy. Sometimes it will work and then sometimes it won't even do anything or when I presss play to stop the fast forwarding it will jump be back to where I had pressed fast forward in the first place, making it pointless to even try.

I'm hoping the ps3 app is better

Does anyone have issues with fast forwarding on the xbox app? I like to fast forward during stoppages so I can watch games quicker but the fast forwarding is so iffy. Sometimes it will work and then sometimes it won't even do anything or when I presss play to stop the fast forwarding it will jump be back to where I had pressed fast forward in the first place, making it pointless to even try.

I'm hoping the ps3 app is better

Don't have XBox, but have heard the gripes. I'm hoping that the Sony people are taking their time to make sure it's as bug-less as possible, but in reality, am prepared for it to be a total rush-job pile of crap.

I don't look for game streaming. But two years ago the basic game center rocked. Now all you get is the score.LAME. no links to team or player info, no in game play by play. It sucks. I would pay for what we got free. Buy the NHL doesn't make it available.

I just tested out the ps3 app, while I like the menu and look of the app better on the ps3 version, the games video quality are awful and the commentators sound like they are locked in a basement somewhere. It looks like standard definition on the ps3 app but I know it's not my internet cause the xbox verson has crystal clear HD for me but I hate the way the app is setup. I'm hoping the ps3 app gets their act together cause I'd prefer to use that one.

Edited by Satans Hockey