Steve Bernier Reaction at the Home Opener

grcenter47

Stever Bernier Reaction  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When Steve Bernier gets introduced at the Rock, what will you do?

• Standing applause and cheer
    • Boo him
    • Neither/No opinion

He was big in the Florida series and was a key depth guy throughout the season. One bad play after a non call will not ruin everything he did for us. He was really hard on himself after game 6 so I will cheer for him, he deserves it, and I cheer for all the guys on opening night anyways.

Edited by Zubie#8

off-topic, but I was curious if anyone can remember another time where a SC Final major resulted in 3 goals-against ?

Heck I'll be happy to hear about one in the Regular Season....

Thanks to anyone who might know this factoid !

One PLAYOFF one I remember offhand was when that clown Sean O'Donnell did it for LA and torpedoed the Kings during Larry Robinson's only trip to the playoffs as a coach there. One of the reasons why I hated getting this guy a couple years later and of course he didn't do much to help the Devils either :P

Found a piece on it (actually the Kings gave up FOUR goals on that one): http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/courtnall-s-hit-was-big-moment-in-series/article_f39a566a-f18b-56f1-bfc9-cffd0b5a4f72.html

As far as Bernier, I think the long lockout pretty much quelled the extreme emotions on both sides - fans that hold Game 6 against him, and fans that want to stand by him. He'll probably get no more or less applause than any other player.

Edited by NJDevs4978

There will probably still be a handful of clowns that boo him. I will cheer for him just like everyone else on the team. The poor guy will always regret that hit unless he eventually wins a Cup, he doesn't need his own fans booing him about it too, especially if they're not also going to boo the guys on the penalty kill at the time.

I'm not really keen on giving him a standing ovation. His hit was dirty, dangerous and pretty stupid given it was game 6 of the SC finals and I don't want to be remembered as the fan base that applauded that kind of action (even if the intent is to support him, that's not how anyone else would view it).

I would be more disappointed though if anyone boo'd. He's not the reason we lost, takes a team effort there.

Really??? Why would anybody give a negative reaction? Guess Devils fans should have boo'd the hell out of Ken Daneyko for his bad give-a-way to Craig Janey in Boston Garden in Game 7 1988 or Marty and Slava Fetisov for Matteau's wrap-around in 1994.

Seriously people you're overthinking this.

Show him support. He knows he fvcked up, and he may be a little nervous about fan response. Let him know he's appreciated for all he brought to the table.

It's worth mentioning how horribly bad our penalty kill was throughout the playoffs; our RECORD-BREAKING regular season penalty kill... Sure, the penalty was a dumb one, but that doesn't provide for an automatic 2-3 goal deficit if the rest of the team doesn't sh!t the bed.

Thank you !

One PLAYOFF one I remember offhand was when that clown Sean O'Donnell did it for LA and torpedoed the Kings during Larry Robinson's only trip to the playoffs as a coach there. One of the reasons why I hated getting this guy a couple years later and of course he didn't do much to help the Devils either :P

Found a piece on it (actually the Kings gave up FOUR goals on that one): http://www.stltoday....fd0b5a4f72.html

As far as Bernier, I think the long lockout pretty much quelled the extreme emotions on both sides - fans that hold Game 6 against him, and fans that want to stand by him. He'll probably get no more or less applause than any other player.