2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

Are they RB's? or O-LInemen?  Because those are the Jests biggest needs...aside from WR, TE, and Linebackers

Landing Chris Ivory would help shore up the RB position. Of our 2 first round picks, one should be an O Lineman, the other a TE (Tyler Eifert)

Landing Chris Ivory would help shore up the RB position. Of our 2 first round picks, one should be an O Lineman, the other a TE (Tyler Eifert)

The Jets biggest problem last year was the lack of any weapons for Sanchez.  He's shown that he can be a "good enough" QB so long as he has them.  From what I saw, the O-line was ok, albeit nothing special (like secondaries, the grass is always greener on the other side when it comes to O-lines).  Despite losing Revis, the Jets defense was actually decent, but again, nothing special. 

This year, if the Jets have a receivng corps of Austin, Holmes and Eiffert, a better running back than Greene (which is virtually anyone that you could put in pads), along with a coordinator that isn't a total disaster, you might actually have something.  As Dolphins fan, I would be very uneasy facing that attack, as opposed to having to go up against a better guard and a defensive end that won't be game changer. 

Maybe they get lucky and get a competent QB in the second or third round who can make something of it if Sanchez continues to regress. 

As I said though, I hope that the Jets continue to draft players that aren't game breakers like Coples and Kyle Wilson.

Coples had a very good year 1. Remains to be seen if he can be a gamebreaker. But he's on the cusp of it.

You're right about Wilson. He has spurts of being average, that's his upside. Most times he's below average. Bad pick

Coples had a very good year 1. Remains to be seen if he can be a gamebreaker. But he's on the cusp of it.

You're right about Wilson. He has spurts of being average, that's his upside. Most times he's below average. Bad pick

My point about Coples or any other defensive lineman, is that unless you're projecting a D lineman to be as good as Pierre Paul, I would much rather swing for the fences with unique talents like Austin and Eiffert, especially when your offense is as anemic as the Jets will be otherwise.  I'll take the risk of bust over even the certainty that you get a D linemen that turns out to be a good starter.  Unless you have Peyton Manning as your quarterback, it's those play makers that help you win games. 

Not a bad philosophy. With Rex at the helm the defense is always at worst average, at best very good. But it's always competitive no matter what crap they throw out there. So why not load up on offense? I wouldn't mind that

With the state of the Jets, I can hardly fault them for taking 'anything'.  Except a running back, you don't take a running back in the first round when you have nine million other needs.

agreed. Go get Chris Ivory. We'd do fine with an Ivory/Goodson/Powell rotation.

That would be a monster move for the Jets.  I love Ivory, but could they afford him? Especially with two first round picks this year.

Mel Kiper has had it out for the Jets for decades. Not like he has any credibility left. He takes shots at the Jets every draft

There goes my idea for the jets Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Rams gave up a ton for Austin though. 4 picks is insane. We couldn't give up our entire draft for 1 guy.

Edited by '7'

Do the Jets scare anyone this year. Maybe Fatcessa is right and is is still Rex's team. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

well, they'll be pretty good on defense. But yea these are head scratchers, even though I don't think either player will bust. Milliner and Richardson were both taken around where they were projected. If anything Milliner dropped a little. He was likely the BPA at #9

Every single remaining pick they have needs to be offense

Edited by '7'

The one thing I didn't want the Jets to do, was trade down for extra picks. I think most draft prognosticators will tell you that your higher quality choices come before 40. These are typically the players that can step right into starting role(s). The fact that the Jets had 2 first rounders, and what could really be a poor-mans 1st rounder in the 39th overall, is HUGE.

I find it incredibly intriguing that Lacy, Watson, Moore, Te‘o, and Hunt (all projected by practically everyone to go in the 1st) are still available.. and surprise picks that were really a reach like Hopkins, Elam, Frederick, Manuel, etc. all aided heavily in 1st round proj. talent slipping. Day 2 tomorrow just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

EDIT; The late run on WR's towards the end of the 1st (I believe 4 were chosen) may bode well for a guy like Braylon Edwards.

Edited by Beezer34

Do the Jets scare anyone this year. Maybe Fatcessa is right and is is still Rex's team. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have to admit it made me a bit queasy seeing they picked a DT.  They have about nine million other needs first before DT since they already had Mo there.  I mean they could be going 4-3 and need another one but they needed fifty other things too.

Wow, what a bad pick at 13.   If Buffalo hadn't thrown away their pick, the Jets would have had the worst pick.

The Jets have drafted well since 2000 or so. Better than 2/3rds of the league with. So maybe it's a little early to dump on the pick

I have to admit it made me a bit queasy seeing they picked a DT.  They have about nine million other needs first before DT since they already had Mo there.  I mean they could be going 4-3 and need another one but they needed fifty other things too.

This is a deep draft but not a top heavy one. I didn't like it either initially but there was nowhere to go offensively at 13 with true impact players. Tavon Austin was the best offensive player, but the idiot Rams gave up like 4 picks to get a guy who's probably going to be Peter Warrick 2.0 (only Austin is smaller) There are still receivers and TE's to be had.

The Jets have drafted well since 2000 or so. Better than 2/3rds of the league with. So maybe it's a little early to dump on the pick

I would have thought, with the need for receiving help and blocking for Sanchez they would have gone for Eifert who also would have helped the running game as well.   Picking a D linemen for a position that is NOT his strength and probably could have been had later, to me made no sense.

I believe the pick and the ensuing chorus of boos mixed with indifference by the Jets-heavy crowd at Radio City Music Hall spoke volumes.

Edited by MantaRay

You know what picks the Jets fans didn't boo? Dwayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston. And those didn't work out so well. Revis and Coples were met with indifference as well...Coples especially since most wanted the bust that went to SD (Ingram) The fans are fans...not scouts.

If the plan was to get Austin, the Jets really shot themselves in the foot signaling it.  Maybe St. Louis would have traded into that spot anyway, but there was no reason to blab about it.  Also, St. Louis didn't give up that much to get Austin.  Basically and second and a fourth.

As a Dolphins fan, I was afraid that the Jets would land Austin and Eiffert.  Match-up nightmares.  Instead, they have a CB that will never be as good as the guy they traded away, and a defensive tackle that could be pretty good.  Frankly, I never feared Revis (or any single cornerback not named Deion Sanders) all that much.  Yeah, he shuts down one half of the field, but he's only as valuable as the other CB. 

No matter how good your defense is, it's very difficult to win a lot of games when you can't expect anything more than 17 points a game.  And even if Millner and Richardson reach their potentia immediatelyl, their defense will not be that good.