2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

NFL dished out compensatory picks today. Jets now have three fourth rounders and 2 sixth rounders. Hopefully they can find some depth and value. They need a tight end, corner, safety...heck maybe even another corner

Edited by '7'

Also, Jets, Steelers, Dolphins, and Patriots in the Maurice Jones Drew sweepstakes

MJD would be a solid addition to the Jets and create a true 3 headed running attack. He's always been a good receiver out of the backfield and can become another Tomlinson for us. I hope they make a full court press for him.

not getting my hopes up though knowing. He'll probably go elsewhere and terrorize us this season

Jets in the Maurice Jones Drew sweepstakes. MJD would be a solid addition to the Jets and create a true 3 headed running attack. He's always been a good receiver out of the backfield and can become another Tomlinson for us. I hope they make a full court press for him.

If we didn't restructure Mike Goodson's deal, signing Maurice Jones Drew would make alot of sense. Now however, there would be a bit of a logjam. Unless they decide to move Mike Goodson to FB, which he played in Texas A&M. A ground attack of; Goodson, Geno\Vick, Ivory, Powell & MJD would be awesome! Interested to see how it all plays out.

Wow, the market for Sanchez is getting bigger: Eagles, Rams, Giants, and now The Titans are interested in signing him.

..why wouldn't it? A 27 year old quarterback, who's played in 6 playoff games? They don't grow on trees. Jets-nation may have under appreciated Mark Sanchez.. but not me. There's still time for him to turn his career around. I'm rooting for Sanchez to succeed wherever he goes. Class act, loyal player, who did anything and everything the Jets ever asked him. You can't not like the guy.

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Did Rex let the cat out of the bag?  https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/448429579947241472

Vick as the starter, with Geno acting in the change-of-pace wildcat quarterback role? Interesting to see how that would play out.

Edited by Beezer34

If we didn't restructure Mike Goodson's deal, signing Maurice Jones Drew would make alot of sense. Now however, there would be a bit of a logjam. Unless they decide to move Mike Goodson to FB, which he played in Texas A&M. A ground attack of; Goodson, Geno\Vick, Ivory, Powell & MJD would be awesome! Interested to see how it all plays out.

..why wouldn't it? A 27 year old quarterback, who's played in 6 playoff games? They don't grow on trees. Jets-nation may have under appreciated Mark Sanchez.. but not me. There's still time for him to turn his career around. I'm rooting for Sanchez to succeed wherever he goes. Class act, loyal player, who did anything and everything the Jets ever asked him. You can't not like the guy.

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Did Rex let the cat out of the bag?  https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/448429579947241472

Vick as the starter, with Geno acting in the change-of-pace wildcat quarterback role? Interesting to see how that would play out.

the Jets have always done something like that, even back with Brad Smith/Sanchez (which worked) as well as Tebow/Sanchez (which didn't)

ultimately, I want Geno to succeed and win the job and have a great year. But if he doesn't, I guess a guy who is familiar with and has had success with Mornhinwegs system is fine by me should Smith get injured or lose the job outright.

we still need secondary help and badly. I wonder if Ed Reed is coming back

I don't see how you don't bring back Ed Reed at this point. The market is relatively empty.. and Dee Milliner never looked better than when he was paired with Ed. I can see them drafting a CB next month, and then bringing in a guy like Champ Bailey to mentor him along the way.

..granted it'd be a very old secondary with Bailey & Reed, but if the plan is to sign MJD & D'Jax.. maybe the Jets strategy is to win games 33-28! :giggle:

Sanchez.. officially an Eagle.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10667053

Rarely is the 4th game of Preseason worth a watch. Yet with: Geno Smith, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez & Michael Vick.. all possibly playing in this year match-up, it'll be a good test for both teams defenses.

itd be funny 2 see sanchez become the qb the jets thought they drafted with phily.

• 2011; Brian Schottenheimer.

• 2012; Tony Sparano.

• 2013; Marty Mornhinweg.

• 2014; Pat Shurmur.

I like Sanchez alot, and I want to see him turn his career around in the worst way. But it's not going to happen next season. Sanchez needs time.. plenty of time actually, to just sit and take things in. He's been inside an emotional washing machine for the past 3 seasons, and what he needs most is stability. At 27 years old, it's really not too late for Mark to resuscitate his career. But it must begin with a series of small victories and baby steps.

The best thing that can happen for Sanchez; is for him to perform well throughout training-camp & preseason, but NOT win the starting gig from Foles. Take as much added time\reps when the regular season starts, to learn even more in Philly. If Foles injures himself mid-season, and is out any extended length of time, THAT's Sanchez's chance to turn this thing around.

I'd be fine with that. He's 28 but with a lot of miles on his legs, but he's still pretty damn explosive and one of the best straight line sprinters in the NFL. Also a good receiver out of the backfield. He could take on a reduced role here as we have Powell and Ivory. 160-170 carries a year would suit him just fine.

u guys havnt had a rb to strike fear since c-mart. would be a good signing 4 the jets

Jets were blessed in having such an outstanding player like Curtis Martin from 1998 until he retired in 2007. Then, only a couple of seasons later, we got to enjoy LaDainian Tomlinson until he retired in 2012. I know some fans try to piss on the seasons LT was here, but the facts is: he had over 2,000 yrds (rushing & receiving) with 10 TD’s between 2010 & 2011. He was also a main contributor during that 2nd AFC Championship run, scoring 3 TD’s.

We’ve been spoiled over the last 16 years to have such competent ground & pound.

Now.. to sign a 28 year-old RB with 8,000 yards, and nearly 60 TD’s in only 6 seasons?! (to work with MM, Vick, Powell & Ivory no less) I’d feel really good about next years offense.. with or without DeSean.

I'd be fine with that. He's 28 but with a lot of miles on his legs, but he's still pretty damn explosive and one of the best straight line sprinters in the NFL. Also a good receiver out of the backfield. He could take on a reduced role here as we have Powell and Ivory. 160-170 carries a year would suit him just fine.

..a three year deal would be perfect. The guy still had 4 YPC.. 1,000 yrd season last year, playing unmotivated football. He NEVER gets injured.. rarely drops passes.. and only 11 lost fumbles heading into his 7th season? Sign this Beast!!

Edited by Beezer34