2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

J. Ford is a solid special teams signing. He'll be a nice KR\PR upgrade over Josh Cribbs.

Dimitri Patterson I am THRILLED about. He reminds me of Donald Strickland only better. This doesn't replace Cromartie, I still think the Jets sign Champ Bailey for that one. This replaces Aaron Berry, who never saw his potential fully pan out. Patterson had 4 picks in only 6 games last season -due to injury.. but the Dolphins were 5-1 with DP in the lineup, and 3-7 without him. He'll thrive under Rex.

Overall, Idzik continues to make quiet upgrades with 20+ million still to spend, and 12 draft picks next month. #BrickByBrick

I expect the Jets to move Heaven and Earth to trade up for Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins.  Seems like best WR available (EDIT: or Eric Ebron if he's still around) is going to the Jets round 1.

Ford actually may be an upgrade over Hill.  Ford's a hell of a lot smaller, but he's just as fast and probably has better hands.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Watkins would take a lot of heaven and earth moving...isn't he projected top 5? I'm not sure Idzik wants to give up the picks to go that high in the first round. 

Plus someone like Marqise Lee, Beckham or Brandin Cooks might be available anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Free agent Chris Johnson is visiting the Jets on Tuesday

Eric Decker  --  Santonio Holmes

Michael Vick  --  Mark Sanchez

Breno Giacomini  --  Austin Howard

Chris Johnson  --  Mike Goodson

Jacoby Ford  --  Josh Cribbs

Dimitri Patterson  --  Antonio Cromartie

Resigned: Nick Folk, Antwan Barnes, Willie Colon, Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Jeff Cumberland, Nick Bellore & Douzable.

..say word! smiley-cool18.gif

Edited by Beezer34

Idzik's starting to remind me of Sandy Alderson and not in a good way.

I know what you mean, however unlike Alderson, Idzik has at least gotten the Jets (with a spotty roster in general and very depleted offense) to .500 in a year that some expected 3-13/4-12. Alderson's Mets have yet to do that

I know what you mean, however unlike Alderson, Idzik has at least gotten the Jets (with a spotty roster in general and very depleted offense) to .500 in a year that some expected 3-13/4-12. Alderson's Mets have yet to do that

I don't give Idzik nearly the credit for that I do Rex/Morningwheg. It really was a bad roster further compromised by one of their best players (Cromartie) being hampered the whole season.

Like Sandy, Idzik won't do anything unless the value chart tells him it's okay. We'll see what else Idzik does this year. Decker and Vick were a nice start but they were a day late and a dollar short on ninety different corners and god help us if the Pats (who do need a RB) swoop in and kick more dirt in our faces by signing CJ.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Patience needs to be kept here among the fanbase. This is still a new GM we're talking about, with no previous exp. at the role prior to joining the Jets. Yes, we've swung and missed on DRC, D'Jax & Freeney this offseason.. but we've landed a few great pieces also. (and locked up 9 of our own UFA's aswell)

We've got 2 offers out pending to CJ2K & Rice, that could both be locked up by the end of the week. http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/boomerandcarton/228279875965

..how angry can the fanbase be with Eric Decker, Michael Vick, Dimitri Patterson, and potentially both Chris Johnson & Sidney Rice? :noclue:  not-to-mention 13 draft picks on tap next month. #PumpYourBrakes

The franchise is in the middle of a paradigm-shift.. and I find it refreshing to see a frugal, resourceful technique.. rather than Mad Mike signing names just to sell god damn jersey's. The Jets had NOTHING last year to work with, and he magician'd an 8-8 record. Nothing! We rolled into training camp last year with: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Joe McKnight, Antonio Cromartie and Mark Sanchez.. the same nucleus from 2009. They're all gone, with the exceptions Mangold & Rex.

I'm embracing this new modus operandi of a more methodical, disciplined approach. It's a fvcking breath of fresh air, compared to the moron that was in charge before Idzik.

EDIT: --and change the name of this thread from 2013 -to- 2014 god damn it! :offtopic:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

Or we could just start a 2014 thread lol

CJ is a Jet per Schefter on a 2-year deal. Good on Idzik, he had to improve the offense dramatically in FA and he's doing that. I did think the worst when he left town not signed.

Edited by NJDevs4978