Matteau is going with the team to Long Island

msweet

He probably hasn't made the team yet because Butler's still on waivers and Josefson's 'resting'. Or not, who knows...Lou seems to get jollies pulling last-minute roster shenanigans right before the season. And with our luck Josefson will be resting for months.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Matteau was alright tonight. He did botch that pass to Kovy tonight.

He botched a couple passes, but they were nothing atrocious, just bad hope plays to the middle in the O zone. I definitely liked his physical play, wasn't too out of place, but things will be different come Tuesday. Philly's a way better team than NYI and they will have had some game experience in by the time they play us.

I like this kids game guys. Physical, big body, gets his scoring chances, not a liability, second on the team in shots for the first two games. I wouldnt mind wasting one year of his ELC if he continues to impress.

I'm glad the Devils picked a guy with some "size" in last years draft, Lou and the boy's were drafting a lot of smaller players (forwards) over the years, and if those small guys dont score...they're basically useless, at least with Matteau he can add those other elements to the game.