OOT Thread

Daniel

Key match ups tomorrow:

1). Pens @ Leafs. A regulation loss for TO means NJ jumps to 6th.

2). Rangers (8th, 25gms played) @ Jets (9th, 26 games played). Both teams have earned 28 points. Winner takes 8th.

Not so important:

Isles (10th) @ Lightning (12th). Hopefully, Tampa wins.

Winnipeg goes up 3-1 late, Rags done.  And so they tumble out of the playoff picture, at least for tonight.  :)  Exxxxxxcellent.

Devils in 6th, 9 points behind the Penguins and Habs.

Edited by JSR

At the end of tomorrow, we might see the standings from 5-10th changed.

Key match ups tomorrow:

1). Sens (27gms-32pts) VS Buffalo. 5th place is on the line.

2). Habs at NJ (28gms-32pts). 6th place NJ needs to build a bigger cushion with the rest of the playoff hunters.

3). Rags (26gms-28pts) @ Pitt. 9th place Rags need a win.

4). Leafs (28gms-31pts) Jets (27gms-30pts). Battle between 7th and 8th

5). Isles (27gms-27pts) @ Panthers. 10th place Isles can jump ahead the Rags if everything goes their way.

If the Rags lose in regulation and the Islanders pull off the win tonight they will swap places in the standings.

It would be pretty cool to see the Islanders make the playoffs over the Rangers.

i agree with ya on that one, how many years has it been since the islanders made the playoffs?..5? must be miserable being an islander fan.. although i guess i rather be a isles fan then a ranger fan!

I am amazed how we shut down the Penguins for those two games. Just look at the Rangers right now, they are just lost. They are getting dominated and Hank is keeping this a 1-0 game. 15 minutes in and only 2 far distanced soft shots on goal for the Rags.

EDIT: Took them 17 minutes to get their first even strength shot.

Edited by Zubie#8

i agree with ya on that one, how many years has it been since the islanders made the playoffs?..5? must be miserable being an islander fan.. although i guess i rather be a isles fan then a ranger fan!

The last time the Islanders made the playoffs was the 06-07 season. The fans over there deserve it especially after what Wang has put them through since taking over.

On a side note I wonder if Tim Thomas would show up to play in the playoffs.

The last time the Islanders made the playoffs was the 06-07 season. The fans over there deserve it especially after what Wang has put them through since taking over.

On a side note I wonder if Tim Thomas would show up to play in the playoffs.

I think Wang gets a undeserved bad rep as an owner. The guy has sunk a ton of his own money into the team, and kept the Isles in the area when he just as easily could have sold to someone who could have relocated the team. In fact he came up with a plan for a new arena that woud be entirely privately financed. He has stayed out of personnel decisions, and has never forced the team to dump salary for financial reasons so far as I can recall.

The Isles are one of those unlucky teams that are perennially bad, but not bad enough in the right years to get the good draft picks, save Tavares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think Wang gets a undeserved bad rep as an owner. The guy has sunk a ton of his own money into the team, and kept the Isles in the area when he just as easily could have sold to someone who could have relocated the team. In fact he came up with a plan for a new arena that woud be entirely privately financed. He has stayed out of personnel decisions, and has never forced the team to dump salary for financial reasons so far as I can recall. The Isles are one of those unlucky teams that are perennially bad, but not bad enough in the right years to get the good draft picks, save Tavares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

he also didn't fire mike milbury until 10 years after he should've which pretty much murdered the franchise. And then he kept him on after firing him to run the draft basically. And let's not forget him farcically hiring Neil Smith for about a week