OOT Thread

Daniel

not sure about any other games but basically we need an Isles loss in regulation tomorrow

and while we're hopefully beating the bruins...the leafs need to beat the rags again

Edited by '7'

Will be more incredible if we win Wednesday to make this rangers lose actually mean something for us

The Devils actually are back to controlling their own destiny lol (since they play the Rangers twice, winning nine in a row gets us in the playoffs).  Not that I expect it to last long, but it's amazing we still have that chance after two hideous months.

The Devils actually are back to controlling their own destiny lol (since they play the Rangers twice, winning nine in a row gets us in the playoffs).  Not that I expect it to last long, but it's amazing we still have that chance after two hideous months.

the only thing that heartens me is thinking "hey, aren't we fvcking DUE for like a 5-6 game winning streak?"

Tomorrow, we can slide down to 10th.

1). Buf @ WPG. Winnipeg needs a win to climb over us. A sabers win and they will tie with us in points (we've one game on hand)

2). Phi @ Isles. Philly in regulation is the better choice.

3). TB @ Ott. TB can drag the Sense' feet.

Caps @ Habs. Habs win and. Pens @ canes. Pens can clinch the Division by winning.

Worst case scenario:

Winnipeg wins in OT. Isles/Philly is a 3 point game. Both Ottawa and Pittsburgh win.

Tomorrow, we can slide down to 10th.

1). Buf @ WPG. Winnipeg needs a win to climb over us. A sabers win and they will tie with us in points (we've one game on hand)

2). Phi @ Isles. Philly in regulation is the better choice.

3). TB @ Ott. TB can drag the Sense' feet.

Caps @ Habs. Habs win and. Pens @ canes. Pens can clinch the Division by winning.

Worst case scenario:

Winnipeg wins in OT. Isles/Philly is a 3 point game. Both Ottawa and Pittsburgh win.

Absolute no win for us in the Buffalo and Winnipeg game tonight.

The Islanders have an interesting schedule to end the season since they play home three out of the next four games but end the season with five straight road games. If they stumble in their next three games against the Flyers, Bruins and Rangers which can easily happen it'll play to our favor.

Ottawa are the first to drop. Law of averages says they were due a slump and now it's come (lost the last 4, no points). I feel like the Islanders are now due for their slump. If the bounces can start going our way, the way we've been playing lately, I can't see how we don't catch up to either of these teams. Rangers will be the more difficult of the bunch, they JUST turned it on, but whether these past couple wins were flukey (because of the Penguins horrible play and a terrible Hurricanes side), only time will tell.. Toronto beat them pretty handily last night, I don't see why they can't do it again tomorrow.

As for Winnipeg and Buffalo tonight, we want Buffalo to win. That'll peg them at 40 points, but we'll have one game in hand. We need the Jets to slow down... An OT win by the Jets would be our absolute nightmare..

Looking further ahead, the Ottawa game on Friday seems more of a "must-win" than the Bruins tomorrow. Totally a 4-point game considering how fast the Sens are tanking...

Edited by DJ Eco

I'd start looking for a different target than the Islanders.   They're going to the playoffs.

Well we had our chances against them.  Losing three games didn't help.

Yeah at this point the Rangers and Ottawa are the 'only' real targets of teams in front of us.  Especially since we actually play them in this final stretch, and Ottawa's the only team we could possibly beat out in a ROW tiebreaker.  

I'm not yet convinced the Isles will make the playoffs given their six road and two home games left, but we're basically five points back, that's a LOT to make up without a head-to-head game.

Edited by NJDevs4978