OOT Thread

Daniel

Well we had our chances against them.  Losing three games didn't help.

Yeah at this point the Rangers and Ottawa are the 'only' real targets of teams in front of us.  Especially since we actually play them in this final stretch, and Ottawa's the only team we could possibly beat out in a ROW tiebreaker.  

I'm not yet convinced the Isles will make the playoffs given their six road and two home games left, but we're basically five points back, that's a LOT to make up without a head-to-head game.

They just need to stay afloat.   It's a really low bar to get in.   They'll stay afloat.

Tomorrow, the Devils can either stay at 9th or slide down to 10th.

1). Boston @ NJ. A regulation loss will slide NJ down to 10th.

2). Tor @ NYR. A regulation loss for Rangers and a win for Devils indicate both teams will tie in points and games played. However, the Rags own the tiebreaker.

Best case scenario: devils win and Rags lose in regulation.

Worst case scenario: Devils get nothing and Rags get two.

2). Tor @ NYR. A regulation loss for Rangers and a win for Devils indicate both teams will tie in points and games played. However, the Rags own the tiebreaker.

The Devils are 10th. 

Worst case scenario tomorrow and they really are all but done, essentially five points out of a spot behind multiple teams with just eight games left.  I don't see the Rags losing at home or us beating the Bruins, unfortunately.

I could see the Rags losing to Toronto in OT or the SO...but they're at least getting a point out of it.

The Devils have no chance of beating Boston. 0...they should not even show up, because odds are they are not scoring a goal

So Giguire rips Colorado for not caring and trying. Now he's right. They need a new coach first imo and giggy prolly lost his job their being truthful.

I'm glad he ripped them. Landeskog has been literally invisible since be came back from his injury (0 points in I think 7 or 8 games), Duchene is almost the only one trying, besides Giggy, night in and night out.

Who'da thought any Devils' fan could feel bad for Giggy... Lol

I'm surprised how focused the Islanders look, for a change.

There was a real buzz in the Nassau Coliseum at the end of the game last night. Those fans are dying to make the playoffs

Its going to be a zoo in the Coliseum on Saturday. Rags Isles, cheapest pair of tickets going for $150, rabid Islander fans are back. Pandemonium will ensue Saturday!

Edited by Zubie#8

Its going to be a zoo in the Coliseum on Saturday. Rags Isles, cheapest pair of tickets going for $150, rabid Islander fans are back. Pandemonium will ensue Saturday!

Might get destroyed for saying this but...

Good for the Islanders. Only a handful of their fans that I've come across, truly suck.

Might get destroyed for saying this but...

Good for the Islanders. Only a handful of their fans that I've come across, truly suck.

Absolutely. Those fans deserve some success after being dragged in the mud again and again. Truly pathetic ownership and management to be so bad for so long. It's such a shame. People made/make fun of that building for being barely half full each night, but I am always amazed that a team that bad for so long and playing in a building so disgusting averages that many people. I couldn't do it if I was an Islanders fan. So good on them.

Absolutely. Those fans deserve some success after being dragged in the mud again and again. Truly pathetic ownership and management to be so bad for so long. It's such a shame. People made/make fun of that building for being barely half full each night, but I am always amazed that a team that bad for so long and playing in a building so disgusting averages that many people. I couldn't do it if I was an Islanders fan. So good on them.

I love the sight lines in that building though, I try to go there once a year, its always a nice trip.

I've set it before, but Wang gets a lot more heat than he deserves.  He's lost a ton of his own money on the team, and initially offered to build a new arena entirely with private money.  He could have easily waited out the lease and sold to someone who would have relocated the team, but chose not to.  He's also not really a tightwad, despite his reputation.  His GMs have been so bad with personnel that there isn't really anyone that was worth throwing a ton of money at.

Sure, his GM picks have been either disastrous (Milbury) or shaky at best (Snow).  But there are plenty of owners that have struck out badly on GMs.  Most teams aren't lucky enough to have guys like Lou or Ken Holland fall into their laps. 

the isles have sucked so bad year after year and that building is such a sh!t hole i went there this year for the first time for a dev isle game.. those fans deserve both a new building and a spot in the playoffs, i dont mind if they get in but i hope they dont make it very far