OOT Thread

Daniel

feast your eyes:

and for a second, lets act like i dont despise Rinaldo for everything he's worth:

By looking at the events leading up to the fight tonight, and his actions the last time the two teams played, Crombeen 100% deserved to get his ass kicked

Wow, what a knockout. Rinaldo looks like a better fighter this year, gotta admit. Even the fight against Hendricks, Rinaldo looked scary. He's not necessarily a less dirty player than last year but picking his battles more carefully.

Edited by DJ Eco

Alright so thoughts on Rinaldo's borderline KO of TBs Crombeen?

I absolutely hate Rinaldo. I would never root for him on my team, and he represents a dirty player that fits into Laviolettes system. I hate him.

With that being said, I've noticed this year that that kid can throw down, I haven't seen punches that quick.

And with THAT being said, Rinaldo had a couple of punches as Crombeen was basically on the ground. I'm not surprised Rinaldo took advantage and almost killed him...

So, We're those dirty or not?

Depends on what instigated it. Not sure if you remember Salvador's lightning-fast takedown of Max Talbot in Game 1, but he gave Max a nice little ninja punch while he was on his way down; gonna have another look at it again but it doesn't seem like Rinaldo did anymore than what Salvador did. Only dirty depending on the context...

I don't think Rinaldo did anything dirty at all. Crombeen was on a knee but he wasn't turtling or giving up, he was trying to get back up to fight more. He was fair game in my opinion.

I don't think Rinaldo did anything dirty at all. Crombeen was on a knee but he wasn't turtling or giving up, he was trying to get back up to fight more. He was fair game in my opinion.

I agree. And actually I was watching after and he must've been mic'd up because they panned to him talking to the refs and he said, "hey listen I really didn't think he was on the ground, I didn't mean to make it look dirty"

The ref just said like no worries you're good.

I think ill have to agree, nothing dirty

Five goals in the second period for Pittsburgh against Washington...Caps now losing 5-1.  Wonder how much longer Adam Oates is going to last...looking like the next John MacLean at this rate...

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

Their special teams came back down to earth, it wasnt going to be sustainable, they are not a strong 5 on 5 team...ala 2012 Panthers.

Edited by Zubie#8

Apparently the Wild fans booed the team after every period tonight. So much for the honeymoon I wonder when Zach starts to get pissy about the booing.

The home crowd, starting to wonder when or if this renovated team is going to

play up to the potential created by the summer signings of Parise and defenceman

Ryan Suter, let out a few boos

as the Wild left the ice at the first intermission. They got louder after the

second period and more pronounced at the final horn.

"It's not fun right now. Things aren't going well," Suter said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415508

I love it.

Looks like MSG's Ranger analyst John Giannone got hit with a puck last night while reporting from his usual spot between the benches at MSG.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/msg-john-giannon-takes-puck-face-during-rangers-033516320--nhl.html

I find this funny and ironic as during the Rangers telecast of their game against the Devils the other day, Sam and Joe were whining at one point that Lou doesn't allow anyone to stand between the benches (I am assuming except for if it is an NBC or NBCSN telecast) so they couldn't get reports on whats happening on the Rangers bench.

This is why Sam.

Edited by DevsMan84

Apparently the Wild fans booed the team after every period tonight. So much for the honeymoon I wonder when Zach starts to get pissy about the booing.

The home crowd, starting to wonder when or if this renovated team is going to

play up to the potential created by the summer signings of Parise and defencemanRyan Suter, let out a few boos

as the Wild left the ice at the first intermission. They got louder after the

second period and more pronounced at the final horn.

"It's not fun right now. Things aren't going well," Suter said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415508

I love it.

. Lmfao, fantastic. Keep losing a$$holes.

Looks like MSG's Ranger analyst John Giannone got hit with a puck last night while reporting from his usual spot between the benches at MSG.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/msg-john-giannon-takes-puck-face-during-rangers-033516320--nhl.html

I find this funny and ironic as during the Rangers telecast of their game against the Devils the other day, Sam and Joe were whining at one point that Lou doesn't allow anyone to stand between the benches (I am assuming except for if it is an NBC or NBCSN telecast) so they couldn't get reports on whats happening on the Rangers bench.

This is why Sam.

I wish he would make Sam and Joe do their play-by-play between the benches so Kovy could rifle a shot at them every period just for fun (bonus to Kovy if he hits one directly).

Maybe it's because I went to school in Maryland for a year and still have some friends there but I am really enjoying the fall of the Capitals. Most of the people that I knew didn't become Caps fans until they got good again under Ovechkin.

Hmmm, sounds just like Pittsburgh before Malkin/Crosby...

Wow, has the Blues' goaltending been brutal this season:  .889 for Halak, and .853 (?!) for Elliot.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  21 goals allowed in the last four games...yikes.

Wow, has the Blues' goaltending been brutal this season:  .889 for Halak, and .853 (?!) for Elliot.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  21 goals allowed in the last four games...yikes.

Seems like the entire Blues team is doing poorly, but there is certainly precedent for Ken Hitchcock goalies falling off a cliff after ridiculous years (Leclaire and Mason).