Would you trade Adam Larsson...

Beetlebum

Okay, I'll bite - I'd trade Adam Larsson for John Carlson straight up.

Obviously I'm being somewhat facetious, but the potential answers to this topic question, almost by necessity of design, need to be based entirely on relative value. Sure, I'm open for trading Larsson for the right price. But what is the right price?

Boston is probably not the team to start him against in 2013, but I really want to see the kid play sooner than later. I his pregame interview it seemed Deboer was trying to light a fire under his @$$, just my read. when do we squeeze him in????

FWIW Hedman started at 19 and at 21 has already CONCUSSED sid the kid! so, way to go victor!

Boston is probably not the team to start him against in 2013, but I really want to see the kid play sooner than later. I his pregame interview it seemed Deboer was trying to light a fire under his @$$, just my read. when do we squeeze him in????

FWIW Hedman started at 19 and at 21 has already CONCUSSED sid the kid! so, way to go victor!

He will get his time. They won't keep him on the NHL roster just to sit him forever. Either someone gets traded soon or he'll get sent down, otherwise, if not, I'll be pretty lost.

As sh!tty as our forward depth is at the moment I wouldn't be opposed to dressing him at wing. We did it with Niedermayer early in his career...

Never thought of this one.....and I like it. No way could he be worse than Jarchssen. His shot would be better than most of our forwards. The risk would be that this move would force him to practice some at the wing thus losing valuable practice time with Stevens as a D-man.

Sterio was right about Subban, lol:

TSN: No celebrating in Habs' dressing room over Subban signing

Veteran rearguard Andrei Markov refused to talk about it, saying "He's not in the room yet, so let's talk about it when he's going to be in the room."

And Josh Gorges, Subban's regular defence partner, steered around questions on how he felt.

Often, when a player signs a contract, there are a flood of congratulatory tweets from teammates, but this time, there were only a couple from players who were not on the team last season.

You know the guy is a cancer when the only people congratulating him are the ones who have yet to meet him in the locker room and everyone else is like "oh, he re-signed? Fuuu... I mean, it's game day, no comments from me, move along". :P

Sterio was right about Subban, lol:

TSN: No celebrating in Habs' dressing room over Subban signing

You know the guy is a cancer when the only people congratulating him are the ones who have yet to meet him in the locker room and everyone else is like "oh, he re-signed? Fuuu... I mean, it's game day, no comments from me, move along". :P

yup i've been saying it for a long time. He can be as good as he wants... Phaneuf wasnt a "bad player" so was Richards and Carter but locker room problems made them leave

Never thought of this one.....and I like it. No way could he be worse than Jarchssen. His shot would be better than most of our forwards. The risk would be that this move would force him to practice some at the wing thus losing valuable practice time with Stevens as a D-man.

I'd try harrold at forward before Larsson, harrold has some quickness

This is Larsson's 2nd season and he was a #4 overall pick, and he cannot get on the ice. To me this speaks volumes. if I can get a legit Top Tier defenseman now that has several years left and more assets on top of that, I would consider it.

This is Larsson's 2nd season and he was a #4 overall pick, and he cannot get on the ice. To me this speaks volumes. if I can get a legit Top Tier defenseman now that has several years left and more assets on top of that, I would consider it.

NJ's not a typical team w/ a #4 overall pick. It's not like he's got all cruddy players in front of him or anything. Defensemen take a while to develop and he proved (pre-Subban hit) that he can be a really good defenseman eventually. But w/ the 6 guys in front of him who are arguably better right now, I don't see it as an indictment on Larsson

• 1 year later...

i would actually be all for trading Adam, he is really unhappy here with his current situation and i guess its not too fair to him, if we could possibly package him with someone else and or a pick to try to get something descent in return why not..just don't know what a return on him would bring? i don't think he's worth too much right now.

I'd do it.  A lot of players come out of here better than when they went in.  If Richards learned something from Elias, why not Subban.  If not Patty, he'd certainly learn something from Lou.  Raw talent, tough, can score.  A couple of years of being a Devil would mean the world to this kid's competence and attitude.s  But it would have to be soon.  The Devil magic is starting to wear off.  P.S. make it a NO if Lou leaves.

I'd do it. A lot of players come out of here better than when they went in. If Richards learned something from Elias, why not Subban. If not Patty, he'd certainly learn something from Lou. Raw talent, tough, can score. A couple of years of being a Devil would mean the world to this kid's competence and attitude.s But it would have to be soon. The Devil magic is starting to wear off. P.S. make it a NO if Lou leaves.

This thread was started almost 2 years ago. There's no way now that Montreal moves PK. Hes locked up with that massive contract