Would you trade Adam Larsson...

Beetlebum

Did not think he still had to clear waivers..  How did Larsson go down last year??

I think both Larsson and Gelinas signed identical one year/one way contracts this past off season. Last year they were both on two way contracts.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Larsson and Gelinas were both waiver exempt last year but they're not this year. It has nothing to do with one way or two way contracts, it's some combination of number of NHL games played and age/draft date.

Really? My bad. I'll go back to just reading.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

He is anything but the board's golden boy. Maybe, in other places....but not really here. Larsson should be in for him next game.

Agreed, I think most people here are pretty fair in assessing Gelinas, the good and bad. He didn't have a great game last night and I could see this being Larsson's chance to get a spot.

Why would we replace Larsson for Gelinas after one so-called bad game.  He brings more positive potential to the game than Larsson does at this point.  Larsson has been around for 3 years and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to crack the line up. Gelinas is the better player and it's not close.  Larsson deserves to be where he is.  Maybe when he does get his chance he will have learned from his time watching.

Why would we replace Larsson for Gelinas after one so-called bad game. He brings more positive potential to the game than Larsson does at this point. Larsson has been around for 3 years and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to crack the line up. Gelinas is the better player and it's not close. Larsson deserves to be where he is. Maybe when he does get his chance he will have learned from his time watching.

Gelinas has also been a pro for 3 years and is 2 years older than Larsson.

Why would we replace Larsson for Gelinas after one so-called bad game.  He brings more positive potential to the game than Larsson does at this point.  Larsson has been around for 3 years and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to crack the line up. Gelinas is the better player and it's not close.  Larsson deserves to be where he is.  Maybe when he does get his chance he will have learned from his time watching.

I agree completely.  IMO, if anybody should come out for Larsson, it's Merrill.  Gelinas is more important to the team right now than Merrill is.  I also think Gelinas and Larsson is a better pairing than Gelinas and Merrill.

I agree completely. IMO, if anybody should come out for Larsson, it's Merrill. Gelinas is more important to the team right now than Merrill is. I also think Gelinas and Larsson is a better pairing than Gelinas and Merrill.

Really. Do you watch any of the games?

Edited by hystyk28

Are you serious. Again? Merril won't and shouldn't come out.

I agree completely. IMO, if anybody should come out for Larsson, it's Merrill. Gelinas is more important to the team right now than Merrill is. I also think Gelinas and Larsson is a better pairing than Gelinas and Merrill.

I would say that Larsson and Gelinas are very comparable defensively.  Gelinas is probably a little bit better tying up guys on the rush where Larsson tends to get beat altogether.  Merrill is pretty close to being their best all around defensemen.  Salvador is the D's shredded Achilles.

I would say that Larsson and Gelinas are very comparable defensively. Gelinas is probably a little bit better tying up guys on the rush where Larsson tends to get beat altogether. Merrill is pretty close to being their best all around defensemen. Salvador is the D's shredded Achilles.

Larsson is absolutely better defensively, come on.

Gelinas looks lost out there at times.

I'm not really on board with trading Larsson, but a potential deal with Edmonton could make some sense down the road if things continue as is.

Yak is pretty much in the same boat as Larsson. At least that's what I'm lead to believe. Package a deal where we trade him, Brunner or Ryder (so we have a damn RW spot to play him) and a draft pick or two. I think that's fair value.

Yak is pretty much in the same boat as Larsson. At least that's what I'm lead to believe. Package a deal where we trade him, Brunner or Ryder (so we have a damn RW spot to play him) and a draft pick or two. I think that's fair value.

Yakupov wouldn't be my target. He's a douche and he seems like the type that would be a flight risk. I'd go after one of the other young forwards.