Would you trade Adam Larsson...

Beetlebum

Yakupov wouldn't be my target. He's a douche and he seems like the type that would be a flight risk. I'd go after one of the other young forwards.

I think Yak would be more tradeable then Eberle or Hall. Plus as said I think playing with Jagr and the other vets would put him in line.

I think Yak would be more tradeable then Eberle or Hall. Plus as said I think playing with Jagr and the other vets would put him in line.

After Kovy, I'm hesitant on a guy like Yakupov. He just seems like the type that would pull some shenanigans with the KHL. I don't really trust him.

After Kovy, I'm hesitant on a guy like Yakupov. He just seems like the type that would pull some shenanigans with the KHL. I don't really trust him.

At the same time, I'm hesitant on generalizing all Russian players to do the same sh!t Kovy would. If we could get Eberle over Yak for that package then sure. I just think Yakupov is more realstic and his upside could show here.

Or Deboer could hate him and he's in the press box every game. Lol.

At the same time, I'm hesitant on generalizing all Russian players to do the same sh!t Kovy would. If we could get Eberle over Yak for that package then sure. I just think Yakupov is more realstic and his upside could show here.

Or Deboer could hate him and he's in the press box every game. Lol.

i really really think thats what would happen, deboer would hate him. Yak is young but he already stated publicly that he wanted to play his way and thats it. theres no way an attitude like that would fly here

I'd be really mad if we sent Larsson over there and all we got in return was Arcobello. I would also argue that Brunner's D isn't the only reason he hasn't been in the lineup.

Sucks because I really like Larsson, but if he could help get Yakupov over here, it might make sense for both sides. I know it has only been five games, but I'm still pretty surprised that it doesn't look like he'll be getting in a game any time soon.

I'd be really mad if we sent Larsson over there and all we got in return was Arcobello. I would also argue that Brunner's D isn't the only reason he hasn't been in the lineup.

Sucks because I really like Larsson, but if he could help get Yakupov over here, it might make sense for both sides. I know it has only been five games, but I'm still pretty surprised that it doesn't look like he'll be getting in a game any time soon.

The reason he isn't playing is, let's be real here, PDB rather play the scattered ashes of Bryce Salvador because he's the "Captain". The worst mistake this team ever did was give that cone the C IMO

The reason he isn't playing is, let's be real here, PDB rather play the scattered ashes of Bryce Salvador because he's the "Captain". The worst mistake this team ever did was give that cone the C IMO

Larsson isn't playing because Severson beat him out for the spot. Larsson had Fayne's old spot gift wrapped to him and Severson took it out of his hands. Sal and Greene were going to play regardless because they are they only veterans that play defense and PK. Zidlicky can't, Gelinas sure as hell can't. Merril and Severson can, but they need to work their way up to the bigger minutes. Greene will keep getting the big minutes, but Merril and Severson will probably start taking Sal's PK time. 

Agreed. That's the only reason he's out there and it's killing us. Greene should be the captain.

I wasn't insinuating a Larsson for Arcobello trade, just that out of the Oilers trash pile I like Arcobello. If they could land Perron in a package, that would be decent too. He would be a great fit with Elias and Havlat, but so would Boucher. Your will never see Yak here. Lou won't trade due to his attitude alone.

because what else are you going to do with him? if he didn't have the C, or had an -ov at the end of his name, he would be a scratch on tuesday.

Again, this is absolutely insane.  If they thought he was bad, they wouldn't throw him out there for 6 minutes a game on the PK.  Remember, he is #1 by a WIDE MARGIN.  Almost two minutes a game.  They don't think he is bad, yet.  They will get there.

Edited by Triumph

Again, this is absolutely insane.  If they thought he was bad, they wouldn't throw him out there for 6 minutes a game on the PK.  Remember, he is #1 by a WIDE MARGIN.  Almost two minutes a game.  They don't think he is bad, yet.  They will get there.

i'm not saying they think he's bad. they're thinking that this is a blip. but "when they get there" they'll still do nothing.

Triumph the coaches know that Lou made a mistake. Salvador is not the anchor of this defense. Assume Salvador is done as it appears who is his replacement certainly not Larsson they play a different game. I am not sure that Harrold can do the job. Increasing minutes of Severson and Merrill will accomplish something but rookies make mistakes. Gelinas is the defensive disaster we all ecpected. The three line offense is struggling against better teams. Signing Gomez doesn't help the defense but could help the offense but we must rid ourselves of Gionta who can't win a faceoff, doesn't have the reach for the PK and for the most part is lost on offense. Tootoo isn't a positive influence he takes to many penalties. Ruttu needs line mates. The fourth line is to be a line that allows the other 3 lines to get some rest but playing 6 or 7 minutes total won't make that happen. We are right back to last season Lou didn't get it and DeBoer can't see the problems of his player selections. The future doesn't look bright. I like Cammy with Elias and Havlet. I don't see a wing for Zajac and Jagr anywhere. Henrique with Ryder and Clowe isn't working. We will be on the bubble unless Lou makes some moves and DeBoer smarten up.

Just hope for a broken foot.

A) That's beneath you

B) I don't agree that he's on the same level as Marty vis-a-vis the coaching staff.  He's not Marty, he's not a larger than life figure.  And I do agree with Tri they legit think he's the best option atm, they have a blind spot/mancrush with him.  If they didn't think that way but 'had' to play him he'd be getting Volch minutes/role