GDT: Washington Crapitals @ New Jersey Devils

TheMazz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked like they were coming together in the second half of this game, well, when hockey was allowed to be played. Some of those calls sucked, but the Salvador too many men was legit. The first one where Green didn't even bother drawing the penalty and just skated by everyone, that was a joke.

Coming out party for Josefson - almost 19 minutes, 4 shots on goal, an assist on a terrific move. He is going to be a very solid player sooner than later.

Thought the CBGB line had some real good shifts too, want to point that out when it happens. Also thought the PP looked as good as it has so far this season, lot of chemistry between Zidlicky and Kovalchuk.

Coming out party for Josefson - almost 19 minutes, 4 shots on goal, an assist on a terrific move. He is going to be a very solid player sooner than later.

Thought the CBGB line had some real good shifts too, want to point that out when it happens. Also thought the PP looked as good as it has so far this season, lot of chemistry between Zidlicky and Kovalchuk.

Imagine how good JJ would be if he could shoot.

Just needs to shake the lack of finishing. But he does look like an NHL player. OTOH, Tedenby is having a bit of a rough patch, other than getting to sit in the penalty box and accidentally getting a shift on an icing.

Seems like the refs are calling everything and anything.

That too many men penalty from sal though was terrible. Glad we rarely see that from him.

Fun game.

Penalties were at their lowest in a long time last year. I'm sure this was discussed to make sure the game was more offensive.

Just needs to shake the lack of finishing. But he does look like an NHL player. OTOH, Tedenby is having a bit of a rough patch, other than getting to sit in the penalty box and accidentally getting a shift on an icing.

It's been a very looong rough patch. I'd say about 3 seasons.

Penalties were at their lowest in a long time last year. I'm sure this was discussed to make sure the game was more offensive.

Def has for tendenby. Kid had been riding pine more than he has been on the ice. Has 1 good game and then a stretch of terrible ones. Has bust written all over him.

Anyone else waiting for Stevens to rip off the glasses and business suit, and have a cape and spandex superhero suit on underneath

He doesn't need to, He can fight crime (or the Rags/Flyers) in the buff and still win.

Or go out there all mafia like and kill them in the suit.

Edited by mouse

He was pretty good his first season, but it's different when you're playing for nothing. I like him, I just don't know if there's a spot here that works for him. Don't think the Tedenby LW/Kovalchuk RW thing was a great idea. Seemed like he fit well with Elias but he just has those one or two spots a game where he goes chasing and loses his defensive positioning. Having 4 guys deep and the *defenseman* is the one that notices there's a problem and reacts.... not good.