Does Matteau stay?

ghdi

Does Matteau stay past game 5>  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes, he stays.
    • Sent down.

Why does everyone bring up Butler? Sounds like he's similar to Tedenby and everytime Teddy has a lackluster night, we're all screaming for him to get packed into a trade. And yet, everyone's itching to put Butler on the 1st or 2nd line prior to the first game of the season...

For the record, I think Matteau goes; he's playing very well for his age and skill level, but hasn't done anything out of the ordinary to stay here; can't imagine Darche is here practicing so long unless Lou sat him down early on and told him he'd be signed the moment Matteau was sent down.

He didn't see much ice yesterday. I don't think he factors much into their 2013 plans. He goes down, Butler comes up
Matteau goes down, but I doubt Butler comes up. They'll probably sign Darche to take Matteau's spot and Henrique will take Tedenby's spot next week when he's back.

In this case I think he'd benefit from some time in Albany, With his Dad he knows NHL mindset so no worries he'd lose something. I think he could stand to gain a little mojo. He hasn't entered the ring fighting - which is fine. So find some swagger in the minors and come back playing like you want to stay in the NHL.

• Like 1

I think he's been good enough to stay, but not good enough that he has to. Financially speaking, it makes the most sense to get the extra year.

I voted to send down in order for him to get more ice time, however if their was a chance of him getting more on a different line then keep him in the roster. As someone else has said, I would like to see him on a different line for a bit. He's trained with Zubrus in the off season so maybe pair them up for a bit of game time together.

Would he go to Albany or back to junior? I would assume junior, no. Not sure if he plays in Albany if that saves the elc year. I mean, it would've with josefson but he wasn't in junior to begin with. Don't know if the rules are different for juniors as opposed to foreign players.

I think he goes down. I'm not gonna take anything from his playing time yesterday. That game was half special teams which he's not going to play. I have also co e around to not caring so much about his elc because he doesn't seem to have the skill set that will command a lot of money anyway.

he hasn't seemed out of place and I would sooner see tedenby go for henrique than Mateau all things being equal. But really, the devils should be looking to upgrade both tedenby and matteau

Would he go to Albany or back to junior? I would assume junior, no. Not sure if he plays in Albany if that saves the elc year. I mean, it would've with josefson but he wasn't in junior to begin with. Don't know if the rules are different for juniors as opposed to foreign players.

I think he goes down. I'm not gonna take anything from his playing time yesterday. That game was half special teams which he's not going to play. I have also co e around to not caring so much about his elc because he doesn't seem to have the skill set that will command a lot of money anyway.

he hasn't seemed out of place and I would sooner see tedenby go for henrique than Mateau all things being equal. But really, the devils should be looking to upgrade both tedenby and matteau

. To answer your question, yeah he'd go back to junior, not Albany.

I can't imagine anyway he is staying with the team beyond 5 games. Promising player but he is better served getting more time to develop in the Q. I'm not even concerned about the ELC since I doubt he'll end up getting huge raises in RFA. It's more about letting him grow more as a player.

Matteau had 2 shifts in the 3rd for 1:31 of ice time. Played a total of 9:32 tonight.