Tedenby to albany

caron14

Feel bad for Teddy but this could be it for him.. He's just too small for the NHL and it hinders his game all around

Looking like an NHL longshot indeed at this point, sadly enough.

i feel bad for him and for the devils... we need a forward badly

Yesterday Matteau and tedenby made mistake that make zajac and kovalchuk duo inaffective.... poor decision on pass and they are not ready to play with them.... only if we can clone zubrus... (zuby work with both 2 top line)..

kovy-zajac-zubrus

elias-henrique-clarkson could fit

Edited by caron14

I like Teddy, but unfortunately you are right about the size issue. In the end, that was just a horrible pick all around. We could have selected John Carlson - NJ boy who grew up a Devils fan - but we traded down to get Tedenby. I usually give young players the benefit of the doubt in these situations, and I hope he ends up being a late bloomer and can get stronger on the puck, but it doesn't look good.

He needs to get stronger on his skates, there are plenty of small players who make it in the NHL, they just refuse to go down, they find holes and make it work, he just is not there yet.

Right that's more what I meant.. His lack of size shows a lot in his play.. Where Brian/Stephen Gio battle and stay inn the puck, Teddy seems to be thrown aside more easily

Feel bad for Teddy but this could be it for him.. He's just too small for the NHL and it hinders his game all around

Hmeh -- I dont think it's just his size. Lots of guys can work with the hand they were dealt. I hope he can come back but -- it amounts to he's inconsistant. It doesn't seem like he's learning how he's made things happen. More like they just happen and he hopes he can make it happen again. I'm not holding out any hope he'll see a formula for success at this point. Even if he finds his mojo in Albany - it'll still amount to hit or miss. I dont know who can help the kid.

No confidence = no technique

which equals death -- you have no path to follow no point of reference from which to grow from. Everythign is too sketchy IMO. I hate to say it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and I dont mean it quite the way it reads. :(

Edited by Pepperkorn
  • Like 1

I kinda felt bad for Teddy at first, but it's pretty evident he just doesn't have the hockey sense to stick with the big team. He's weak on the boards, bad in the defensive end, and just gets pushed off the puck.

He should honestly watch what the Gionta's do. Somehow Stephen is out there every shift pushing people around on the forecheck and establishing himself in front of the net. I know Ted would be more of a finesse player, but man is he soft right now.

Hate to use the word "bust" but...it's just about time I'd say.

Lou should've shipped him out for something about 2 years ago. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20

Edited by Devilsfan118