Tedenby to albany

caron14

There are 3 things that really hurt Tedenby.

1. Speed-way to slow for his size

2. Shot-not a NHL caliber shot and has ZERO finishing skills.

3. Hockey Sense- he is one of those players that will never get it, no matter who tells him or the number of times. He just doesn't have the hockey sense.

There are 3 things that really hurt Tedenby.

1. Speed-way to slow for his size

2. Shot-not a NHL caliber shot and has ZERO finishing skills.

3. Hockey Sense- he is one of those players that will never get it, no matter who tells him or the number of times. He just doesn't have the hockey sense.

I agree with 1 and 2, but lots of people said Kovy had no hockey sense, and he got better. Hockey sense can be taught to a certain degree. He'll never have the intuitive knowledge the Elias has, but he could become a smart enough player somewhere, though probably not the NHL.

Edited by mouse

Wasn't a fan of the pick when it was made and watching the draft. The more I saw of Tedenby on extended game tape (and not just snapshot highlight reels) the less enthused I became about him being an NHLer. I rarely like to sort of tout a feeling I had on somebody for one, because it's hard for people to verify that regardless, but especially when it is about a guy who may be seeing his NHL dream crumble before him, but I never saw the sense in this pick at all.

I'd really like to know what was going through Conte and Labraaten's minds when the pick was made and what they think even now. I'd also like to know what kind of assessment the Devils org does on their guys in terms of development and how that may factor into or affect future evaluation of guys in the draft that may be similar in terms of size, liabilities, production, etc.

Wasn't a fan of the pick when it was made and watching the draft. The more I saw of Tedenby on extended game tape (and not just snapshot highlight reels) the less enthused I became about him being an NHLer. I rarely like to sort of tout a feeling I had on somebody for one, because it's hard for people to verify that regardless, but especially when it is about a guy who may be seeing his NHL dream crumble before him, but I never saw the sense in this pick at all.

I'd really like to know what was going through Conte and Labraaten's minds when the pick was made and what they think even now. I'd also like to know what kind of assessment the Devils org does on their guys in terms of development and how that may factor into or affect future evaluation of guys in the draft that may be similar in terms of size, liabilities, production, etc.

NHL Central Scouting had him ranked higher than last year's norris winner so somebody else obviously saw something too

Yeah, this is expected. It's such a shame to see someone with talents that aren't easy to teach, to continue to disappoint. I won't give up on him, but I would definitely hope to see some really good AHL numbers if there is ever a chance he sees NHL time in the future. You would think that a couple years of good coaching would result in some improvements, but it doesn't seem to be so with Tedenby.

But if this means Darche is getting signed, I'm going to be very scared for this team.

What was going through their mind? I mean, can't you figure that out yourself? Tedenby's fast, he's good in traffic, he looks to have elite stick-handling skills, and he played for a men's team at age 17-18. I wasn't a fan of the pick either but it's exactly the kind of pick you want to make at the bottom of the first round - a boom or bust selection, take the guy with the best skills and hope you can get everything else to work by the strength of your organization. Tedenby's issue seems to be that he hasn't really improved. He's quick, but his top speed doesn't seem faster than average, his defense never developed, and his shot isn't there either.

Matt anderson is called up...

I dont know how he look like? somebody could tell me?

He's not bad. They had him on the first or second line all season so far. He played some with henrique early in the season and then some with josefson. I wouldn't consider him a top prospect though. Looks like they are just seeing if something sticks

He's not bad. They had him on the first or second line all season so far. He played some with henrique early in the season and then some with josefson. I wouldn't consider him a top prospect though. Looks like they are just seeing if something sticks

Status Quo

But we traded down twice in 08. We originally had 21st overall but we trade with Washington and Minnesota I believe, and took Teddy at 24th... Jordan Eberle was taken 22nd :(

If we got Ebs at 22nd and Henrique too in Round 3, certainly could make a case for the best steals of the draft.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

I remember, I think it was the 09, maybe 2010 WJC, but either way, point of the story is during one game, Teddy UNDRESSED two slovak defenders with a beautiful side step move leaving what was basically a 2-0 once the trailer appeared, Teddy made the pass and the goalie had little chance. That's the type of play I've never seen from him in the NHL. He's had a few good looks on breakaways, but he's not been able to maneuver around defenders while still playing his game and it's a shame because if he was 6" taller, he may not have had any of the problems he's experiencing now. I still think he could be decent if he gained some weight and just had a little more mass to him so he didn't get tossed around like a ragdoll in the corners...