GDT: 2/9/13 New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

cgb6397

Now, in all fairness, I think there was a really cute chick in the first row of Kovy's zone tonight. He's only human--you can't expect him to pass that by!

Kovy's game consist of this...

1- Get the puck...

2- Skate to the "kovy's zone"

3- Stop

4- Wait to make a square pass

5- If there's no pass he'll slap it around the boards

KOVYSSPOT_zps489005aa.jpg

i wish he'd try to beat the dman more often with a power forward move and get inside from where he's SO DEADLY with his shot. But nop... 97% of the time he's stopping there, i find it's really a waste of his potential and that we're restraining scoring opportunities by doing that.

I had to work the night shift. Got home at 8am.

Just woke up missed the whole game.

Matteau & Butler!!!! Marty!!! King HENRIQUE!!

Looked like a great game with some kooky plays!!!

Pay backs a bitch!

We will win tomorrow too!!! Pens will press too hard!

LGD!!!

damn, you missed a good one. a lot of great chances for both sides.. going back and forth the first two periods.  NJ just took over in the 3rd though.

way to fvcking go boys jesus christ  :yay:

This "Jesus Christ" is he a new Hispanic player?

In all seriousness, I agree with the points you've made about Kovy changing up his game. If he'd just alter what he is doing, say, 15 to 20% of the time then it would probably be enough to throw defenders off a bit and still let him stick to 'game plan' the cast majority of the time. Of course I've only gotten to see a small portion of the season and read postings (it is amazing how much time two 11 mo. old Devil fans take up) so I'm going from a small sample.

This "Jesus Christ" is he a new Hispanic player?

In all seriousness, I agree with the points you've made about Kovy changing up his game. If he'd just alter what he is doing, say, 15 to 20% of the time then it would probably be enough to throw defenders off a bit and still let him stick to 'game plan' the cast majority of the time. Of course I've only gotten to see a small portion of the season and read postings (it is amazing how much time two 11 mo. old Devil fans take up) so I'm going from a small sample.

well i was not talking about this season... he did that all season long last year too... coming off the left side Kovy will stop in that Zone... and coming on the right side he's gonna cruise and go all the way around the net and pass the puck to the point man there... lol seriously 95% of the time.

one game i actually took a paper and a pen and marked it. and seriously it was like 97% of the time, ridiculous haha but we're winning so wtv. I just find it's too bad cause you see  goals scored by doing that really often and it's not a super high risk move since all 4 guys are behind most of the time, it's not like a breakdown at our blue line.

Anyone think Butler is seriously injured??

i sure hope not, but i dont think so:

Butler insisted he was fine after the game after being hit with Kovalchuk shot in right foot. "I just had to walk it off."

Butler on what it feels like to be hit by Kovalchuk shot: “It doesn’t feel good, that’s for sure.”

For a laugh, I decided to check out the Pittsburgh post game. As expected, the entire post game has thus far consisted of no analysis, but plenty of whining about the officiating.

Really? I am just completely shocked at hearing that.

. I know, stunner right? :P Edited by MadDog2020

I'm reading that fight turned the momentum around for NJ?

Where is Barch even from? Seems like a major improvement over Jansenn.

i'm hearing that too, but i dont know if i believe it.  we started playing a little better afterwards but its not like Barch won the fight or anything, so it'd be kinda hard to give too much credit to Barch