GDT: 2/9/13 New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

cgb6397

I'm reading that fight turned the momentum around for NJ?

Where is Barch even from? Seems like a major improvement over Jansenn.

An unwritten rule in fighting is to never drop your mits with your team up 1-0 in a game.  It almost always changes the momentum in a game. 

What Barch did today Janssen Boulton PL3 Peters etc never accomplished. He turned the momentum with a well timed fight. He also helped the forecheck and had quite a few scoring chances. Good job by Barch.

Also another strong performance by Larsson, he looks great.

Edited by Zubie#8

Two strongest games of the year have been the last two, I think.  Kovalchuk needs to play less - I know he played like 14 minutes on the power play but still.  Liked Matteau's game a great deal, he was very confident with his decisions today, and picked up a deserved goal - kid's got 12 shots on goal in 7 games in limited time.

The Devils basically have to go .500 for the rest of the year to make the playoffs.  Not NHL .500 - .500, a rate which 23 teams managed last season over the full schedule.  There's definitely some problems, but the defense limited shots again today.

Awesome win. Butler stepped up huge and great to see Matteau get his first. Thought Kovy and Greene looked especially good today, especially with their passes. I'm really loving what I'm seeing from this team lately.

This play was offside why was he bugging like that lol fvcking classic gif!!!

How was he supposed to know that when he was turned and prone in the corner?  I don't know wtf he was doing all the way out there until I saw the highlight where he was getting his stick, hell I didn't even know it was going to be called offside until DeBoer said so in the postgame.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How was he supposed to know that when he was turned and prone in the corner?  I don't know wtf he was doing all the way out there until I saw the highlight where he was getting his stick, hell I didn't even know it was going to be called offside until DeBoer said so in the postgame.

I thought I heard Steve say it but wasn't sure as I was too busy getting my ass kicked as my son did absolutely nothing to help:

gallery_186_172_14624.jpg

...  but it was confirmed by the faceoff that was held outside the zone.

Either way, if I'm Marty...  I don't leave it to the refs to make the right call...  I don't want any pucks in my net, offsides or not.

I thought I heard Steve say it but wasn't sure as I was too busy getting my ass kicked as my son did absolutely nothing to help:

gallery_186_172_14624.jpg

...  but it was confirmed by the faceoff that was held outside the zone.

Either way, if I'm Marty...  I don't leave it to the refs to make the right call...  I don't want any pucks in my net, offsides or not.

Or simoply confirmed by the refs blowing the whistle even if marty didnt freeze the puck or anything

Bernier is also impressing me a lot. He is just playing good smart hockey, his positioning is great.

Matteau is already drinking the kool aid, I love what he says in his interviews. He acknowledges how great this franchise is, how good a person Marty is, and how he wants to make a name of himself in this organization for years to come. What a good kid.

Edited by Zubie#8

Nj has a big strong team that forechecks and cycles well...this was a terrific game against Pittsburgh. Bernier has tremendous skill for a big man and he loos confident with gionta and carter

That's the thing about Carter-Gionta-Bernier - they forecheck really well and cycle really well.  It's just very difficult for them to establish the cycle and they get caught in their own zone too much.