GDT:2/10/13 New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

cgb6397

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we win this tonight and get on a rampage we could get a really good lead in the division/conference.

our next 10 games... struggling Canes, struggling Flyers, Islanders, Sens, struggling Caps twice, Jets twice, struggling Sabres, Leafs... 

if we play the way we can i'd expect AT LEAST 16pts of 20 on that run...

if we win this tonight and get on a rampage we could get a really good lead in the division/conference.

our next 10 games... struggling Canes, struggling Flyers, Islanders, Sens, struggling Caps twice, Jets twice, struggling Sabres, Leafs... 

if we play the way we can i'd expect AT LEAST 16pts of 20 on that run...

Yeah except I remember people saying that about the stretch in March two years ago when we were winning every game and had the Isles twice, the Sens twice, Atlanta...we were supposed to keep rolling through that stretch and the Sens rolled us twice instead lol.

In that spot it was silly...they gave the home team momentum off the hop just like that silly triple fight against the Rangers last year.

Agree. Fights right off the opening face off are fun to watch but they can backfire real quick.

Also no need for the ref to call a penalty on Cooke for elbowing volch's head. Why call that when you can call every other Ticky tack call.

In that spot it was silly...they gave the home team momentum off the hop just like that silly triple fight against the Rangers last year.

I doubt it gave the Penguins anymore momentum than they would've usually had playing at home and coming off a loss against the Devils. That triple fight was awesome, that is what the rivalry is all about. We'll have to agree to disagree, it seems the anti-fighting crowd is growing (especially here) and I accept that but for me fighting will always be an awesome part of the game.

Love that Andy Greene is playing more physical this year. His softness was my biggest complaint with him the past few years.

Agree. Fights right off the opening face off are fun to watch but they can backfire real quick.

Also no need for the ref to call a penalty on Cooke for elbowing volch's head. Why call that when you can call every other Ticky tack call.

I hope the refs swallow their whistles tonight. The last game was horrendous with all the ticky tack calls.

I doubt it gave the Penguins anymore momentum than they would've usually had playing at home and coming off a loss against the Devils. That triple fight was awesome, that is what the rivalry is all about. We'll have to agree to disagree, it seems the anti-fighting crowd is growing (especially here) and I accept that but for me fighting will always be an awesome part of the game.

Love that Andy Greene is playing more physical this year. His softness was my biggest complaint with him the past few years.

I hope the refs swallow their whistles tonight. The last game was horrendous with all the ticky tack calls.

I'm not anti-fighting in general, I'm anti-fighting off the opening faceoff on the road.  The Rangers pounded us where it mattered (on the scoreboard) in that game and the only reason the Pens aren't pounding us now is Moose.