Official 2013 New York Mets Thread

nmigliore

Big surprise...Duda strikes out.  This fvcker better not be a Met next year. 

Only the Mets could waste two terrific "starting" pitching performances in one game (Harvey and Marcum have combined for 15 IP and 2 ER)...Mets are 0-for-19 with RISP today.

Harvey goes 7 IP, allows 1 ER and gets a ND.

Marcum goes 8 IP, allows 1 ER and will likely take a loss. 

fvcking Ankiel strikes out AGAIN...now hitting .182 as a Met.  But by all means, let's just keep throwin' him out there, in The Land Of No Accountability. 

And of course, the Mets go down meekly in their half of the 20th.  Game could've gone another 10 innings and they wouldn't have scored. 

Marlins now 7-3 against the Mets.  Hilarious and so sad. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I didn't see the whole game (didn't catch it until the 17th inning on), but Harvey had to leave with lower back stiffness.  If there's a god, why does he hate the Mets so much?

I was there and stayed for the entire game. Got to Citi Field at 12:45 and left at 8 if I recall correctly.

I'm more of a Yankee fan, but my wife is out of town so decided to drop a few bucks for a ticket.

It seems like it's physically impossible to hit a home run in in that stadium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was there and stayed for the entire game. Got to Citi Field at 12:45 and left at 8 if I recall correctly. I'm more of a Yankee fan, but my wife is out of town so decided to drop a few bucks for a ticket. It seems like it's physically impossible to hit a home run in in that stadium. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ha, funny you say that since the walls have been moved in. The old Citi was truly ridiculous. 

That Ankiel experiment was a hilarious disaster. Kirk stinks too, but whatever, better to platoon he and Lagares than keep running Ankiel out there, yuck. 

Edited by nmigliore

nmig called it that Ankiel would do little here (basically said he'd be a worse version of Kirk), though we all kind of knew that it would be a blah move, which made Sandy trying to sell us on all on it all the more aggravating.  He did get off to a nice little start before just completely vanishing, but it was obvious that it wouldn't last. 

Not sure why the Mets are designating Ankiel...what, does Sandy think Ankiel is going to figure something out in AAA?  Just release him. 

If Kirk fails, Mets can recall Cowgill too, but I don't think any Met fans are under the illusion that good play will be coming out of the centerfield position this year.  But at least these guys have SOMETHING on their side (youth, even if we know they're not any good and likely never will be).  Ankiel has nothing.   

amazing what unstoppable dynamos the Marlins become when they see the Mets

4-1 and all of a sudden every Met has to hack at every 1st pitch from Koehler (who was on the ropes) and all of a sudden Niese gives up a hit on an 0-2 pitch with one out and the inning comes apart

Ed Lucas and Juan Pierre again. Game over

I didn't see the whole game (didn't catch it until the 17th inning on), but Harvey had to leave with lower back stiffness.  If there's a god, why does he hate the Mets so much?

I've been wondering myself why god hates the Mets so much. It's like 1986 and 1969 was so miraculous we have a 50 year debt to pay off or something

Marlins make hitting so easy. Ruggiano, Morrison, Ed Lucas, Juan Pierre. My god anybody could thing they could play ball with the way these guys tattoo it

hope your enjoying this Sandy (and Fred and Jeff)

also is it too much to ask Niese to hold a 4-1 lead in the 6th? Is that too much to ask?

Edited by '7'

Can you field a baseball in a big spot there murph? is it too fvcking hard to ask? Do you see the Marlins making these kind of gaffes?

Come on, how much more humiliating can it get. We're already running Lagares, Recker, Carson, and a whole host of subhuman garbage n the field. Can our halfway decent players not fvck up at least?

no accountability. You had dingbat Terry keep the bunt on with Baxter when he was 1-2 and Murph on 2nd. He should've been told to abandon the bunt

Everybody the Marlins bring out of the pen is Cy Young. We can't get a hit off of them if our life depended on it.

Edited by '7'

Carson needs to be DFA'd. He's like Mel Rojas bad. He has shown no ability to get anybody out at any time ever. Somehow he's allowed to stay with this team. No accountability again

Edited by '7'

Finally, finally, FINALLY they send Ike down (along with Carson and Mike Baxter).  Pretty sad that 1/8 of your roster has to get demoted in a single afternoon, but it's even sadder that we're 3-8 against a AA team.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wow a pulse from Sandy. David Wright totally knew about this -- he said he assumed there would be changes in his postgame interview. Finally Ike and Carson are out. Feel bad for Baxter since I still think he's a solid extra outfielder but he hasn't hit much this year.

Dammit I like murph

He had a tough error today given the scenario but he's been much better defensively compared to last year. I doubt he'll ever be much more than average defensively, if that, but I really don't see him as a liability out there anymore. He's been one of the very few solid or better players on this roster, no reason not to like him. 

Edited by nmigliore

Wow a pulse from Sandy. David Wright totally knew about this -- he said he assumed there would be changes in his postgame interview. Finally Ike and Carson are out. Feel bad for Baxter since I still think he's a solid extra outfielder but he hasn't hit much this year.

About time Sandy you fvcking jerk!  EVERYONE knew this move (Ike getting sent down) should've been made a MONTH ago...but it only took Captain Passive 55 games and 186 ABs to see it.  Thank God Ike didn't hit a home run today, so we weren't subjected to another week of more suckage.  Congratulations on being the last to know Sandy.  What a complete buffoon. 

Guess this moron finally looked up "accountability" in the dictionary.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Dammit I like murph

He's loaded with limitations, but at least the guy is always trying.  Problem is he's being asked to do too much (more than he's capable of), just like David Wright.  Murph's main distinction is that he can go on unconscious hitting streaks...but when he's not on one, then you see the weaknesses:  lack of walks, etc.   

He is what he is...if Captain Passive can start finding good players to play other positions, Murph's deficiencies can be minimized, and I think he's a good guy to have in the locker room. 

Basically, you have a good-to-very good complementary hitter (Wright) and a solid pro (Murph) who are being asked to be #1 and #1A by default.  Neither player is really capable of being the kind of hitter that the Mets are asking them to be, so both of them are going to frustrate from time to time.  But there is literally nothing else in the daily lineup...Byrd will have his occasional moments.  Too bad Buck has completely disappeared, though that insane start will make his power numbers look good at first glance. 

We all know the three replacements coming up will probably not make much difference, but at least it shows that Sandy gives the slightest damn about 2013...I think that's all Met fans were really asking for. 

Yea these moves are pretty much lipstick on a pig, but it's an indictment on Sandy (man was this guy overrated) that Carson was kept here for so long, that it's stinking Cowgill coming up. I honestly thought Alderson and his crew were good talent evaluators

Yea these moves are pretty much lipstick on a pig, but it's an indictment on Sandy (man was this guy overrated) that Carson was kept here for so long, that it's stinking Cowgill coming up. I honestly thought Alderson and his crew were good talent evaluators

We knew this year was going to be very hard to trudge through, and man has it been every bit that.  But Sandy's inability or flat-out refusal to address ANYTHING as it has come up this year (the Ike Davis situation was allowed to drag on to the point of absurdity) has made it that much more difficult.  I know GMs can't make moves solely to appease the fanbase (and our fanbase is about as angry and rabid as it gets right now), but with the situation being what it is, a GM in Sandy's position can't come off as being clueless, indifferent, indecisive, and so damned passive, and that's how Sandy is coming off these days.

Did we know Ike's temporary replacement wasn't going to be much more than "lipstick on a pig"?  Yes, but that wasn't the point.  When you're punting away a season and making it obvious that you're doing it, fans know the on-field product is going to be difficult to take, but at least use the time to establish team and franchise concepts such as accountability (ESPECIALLY accountability), etc.  Valdespin should've been flat-out benched for stealing third, right then, right there.  For once, let your friggin' players know that enough is enough!  Acceptance of too many things in this clubhouse has been a problem for far too long with this franchise...how many Mets have been hit by a pitch, and nothing was done about it by Met pitching?