GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Canes 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

I think you sometimes just have to give credit to the other guys! but in that first period the problems werent system related just BAD bad plays, as the game went on it improved but we still lost some battles and the wingers werent on the boards, that was due to carolina wanting it!  I like Deboers breakouts, when you consider only greene and zid can skate a puck out of their own end

yeah but thats one of the reason we lost in the finals (that plus that we couldnt play our forecheck game since LA's dmen would grab us and would never get intererence penalties). Remember the Kings breakouts? they'd just tic-tac-toe that puck out of their zone every time, it sucked for us and it was pissing me off to no end but it was beautiful to watch.

it's mostly about positioning it's not our dmen's fault they have the puck with a few half seconds to take a decision but our guys are not in great position to get the puck. Thats why they mostly rocket it around the boards or chip it off the glass in the neutral zone. It's a positioning problem but our system require to have guys there so not too sure what we could do about it really

The one thing I don't get is why, when we enter the zone, do we have our guys go in on a line? They always wind up having defenders in their faces.. Theirs no room to make any real play, passing or shooting.. We need to have a trailer on those 2 on 2, 3 on 2, and 3 on 3 situations so that the front guy(s) can dish it backwards to the trailer and then drive the net to force the D back and potentially get a rebound

The one thing I don't get is why, when we enter the zone, do we have our guys go in on a line? They always wind up having defenders in their faces.. Theirs no room to make any real play, passing or shooting.. We need to have a trailer on those 2 on 2, 3 on 2, and 3 on 3 situations so that the front guy(s) can dish it backwards to the trailer and then drive the net to force the D back and potentially get a rebound

yeah i mentioned that too a few times there's no way to make plays other than throwing the puck behind the dman to a reaching stick for the center to tip in or a quick shot / deke.

but something we're doing more often and that i really like is the puck carriers are way more often skating in the offensive zone through the middle and drop the puck to the trailing player for another pass or a shot. It's creating a little panic and chaos in their coverage and they most likely run around a little.

The thrashers we're doing that alllllllllllllllll the time.

yeah i mentioned that too a few times there's no way to make plays other than throwing the puck behind the dman to a reaching stick for the center to tip in or a quick shot / deke.

but something we're doing more often and that i really like is the puck carriers are way more often skating in the offensive zone through the middle and drop the puck to the trailing player for another pass or a shot. It's creating a little panic and chaos in their coverage and they most likely run around a little.

The thrashers we're doing that alllllllllllllllll the time.

Right I do like when they crisscross and drop pass.. Seems to be very effective

it's mostly about positioning it's not our dmen's fault they have the puck with a few half seconds to take a decision but our guys are not in great position to get the puck. Thats why they mostly rocket it around the boards or chip it off the glass in the neutral zone. It's a positioning problem but our system require to have guys there so not too sure what we could do about it really

I don't mind your stewing about stuff :evil:

Thing of it is -- I feel the D should have it down enough (the experienced D) to be able to make those decisions. That's the POINT! That's the game -- you have to be able to or you're middling defence. I LOATH DESPISE AND ABOMINATE those little pauses. Within the pause lies DEATH! But my expectations have been based on teh likes of Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer and crew. I feel that that is just how defence should be -- the speed, offence hits and fancy stuff is the extra - what elevates the standard D to super star. I HATE the way we all excuse the lacking awareness and reflexes to RESPOND. We say Oh that's an elite skill -- :rant: no it's NOT... but what do I know <_< Edited by Pepperkorn

you know and the likes of Marty have called Stevens a hard ass and stuff so much that as a coach he may well be brain washed to beleive that sh&#33;t -- to beleive that maybe he might be asking too much.  HORSEFEATHERS!!!  :rant:

Hey Stevens you're horoscope (it's my husbands  I dont read yours for your sake  <_<)  said you're in a new place seeing things a new way -- adapt to the new instead of clinging to the old.  I say that old is your player view -- you're excusing less talented.  try asking for more... for me?  Please ask these fvckers to MOVE - be freaking AWARE! I think it's unfair not to ask for more of these guys. 

:unsure:  Is it that hard? 

:angry: Dano could tell me - he WOULD even --but not tight-lipped Stevens noooooo.....   <_<  grrrr.

YES I KNOW I MISSPELLED BELIEVE!  :angry:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Games will be lost, and players will have bad games. It's all part of the season. Personally, I'm very happy with an 8-2-3 record at this point of the season.

I agree, but there will always be the "every game is a winnable entity" crowd that will dissect every loss.  No one really knew what to expect from the Devils this season...8-2-3 is a very nice surprise. 

One loss and we throw Mark Fayne under the bus? Come on, we are better than that. Let's beat philthadelphia

"We" don't. "I" do lol

im just really pissed cause it was a selfish penalty taken out of frustration. That ended up costing us the game. I still like the guy and everything but i hate penalties like that.

I agree, but there will always be the "every game is a winnable entity" crowd that will dissect every loss.  No one really knew what to expect from the Devils this season...8-2-3 is a very nice surprise. 

See now this is just goofy.  If you're that good what?  you rest on your laurels?  NO!  Hell no -- you find stuff to work on.  you  don't kill yourself but my GAWD man - what the hell is wrong with looking to improve?  When Lou says status quo he doesn't expect it of the TEAM!  :rant:  We're having fun seeing enw things to move - new ways to grow - places to hone the team to a fine point.  <_< I hate the expression not to put to fine a point on it.  EFF THAT!  make the point as fine as you dare.  Sure you may crack the tip off that way but why find a little dullness this early in the game acceptable?  When you have a nice surprize why not work to improve that?  Why wait for the crash or expect the team to just grown based on nothing but positive re-enforcement? 

I'm not flipping out...  I just had coffee is all.  and I communicate in an emphatic way as I think some other guys are here.  Some are Debbie Downers

(ccc-aapo  cough.gif caaaaapo) but most are just enjoying the game and a great team!

:evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

"We" don't. "I" do lol

im just really pissed cause it was a selfish penalty taken out of frustration. That ended up costing us the game. I still like the guy and everything but i hate penalties like that.

Yea I agree with this. I don't know what it is about the Hurricanes but I woke up still pissed off today. I REALLY hate losing to them. 

Games will be lost, and players will have bad games. It's all part of the season. Personally, I'm very happy with an 8-2-3 record at this point of the season.

I'm pretty happy with the record but Deboer made me drink some serious koolaid last season, I expect nothing but magic from him night in and night out.