PoniKoravski traded back to Devils. Zubrus to miss 2-8 Weeks

thelastonealive

Add Poni to list of players Lou has brought back lol.

Also, Matteau has played more than 5 games up here so if he is sent down Devils still lose a year on his contract. 

I would imagine that means Loktionov would go down for now.

Loktionov is RFA (according to capgeek) after this season so expect him to get called up at some point so the Devils can see what they have.

Forgot about Harrold... He should definitely go down if eligible.

Edited by devils102

You're just a terrible person who hates life.

You're just a terrible person who hates life.

Greatest post ive seen on here.

btw msweet how has bobby butler sucked.............since hes been here is undoubtably been the best player on that atrocious 4th line

also thank god we can finally have 3 nhl players on our 1st line now. matteau is coming along but watching him try and run the cycle on a line with talented players is so frustrating. put him on the 3rd or 4th line where he belongs and scratch barch.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Boy oh boy I wonder who that other 'player' that the Devils were waiting on was.

a PlAyeR I Shall not mEntion.

:)

Edited by AEWHistory

What behavior in LA? At the club after gm 6?

How does Butler suck? He looks like Sykora with that set play on the PP. His assist he got vs PIT went of the crossbar, and oh yeah, he scored a goal that game too. His shot is superb, and why send him down after having some pretty strong games, and evident chemistry?

Matteau's lost a year off his ELC but that doesn't matter right now.  He's not going to be a highly paid player coming off this ELC whether he did it at 21 or 23.  He makes $925,000 now, so even if he hits his top end, and that'd be great for us, what does he make, 1.5M in 2015-16?  What matters more is that if he's on the roster for X number of games (in a normal season, the number would be 40, I'm assuming the number this year is something like 22 or 23), he's played what's called an Accrued Season - players become UFAs at 27 or having 7 Accrued Seasons, so that means he'd be an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

Ummm, i didn't think i was going to say this at the start of the season, but i'm happy i'm about too... the Devils are deep, scary deep.  We are now poised for a playoff run again

And one more thing, does this trade mean we could be open to adding another top six forward, maybe packaging jj and tally, and a prospect or two? i think we can safely do that now

Matteau's lost a year off his ELC but that doesn't matter right now.  He's not going to be a highly paid player coming off this ELC whether he did it at 21 or 23.  He makes $925,000 now, so even if he hits his top end, and that'd be great for us, what does he make, 1.5M in 2015-16?  What matters more is that if he's on the roster for X number of games (in a normal season, the number would be 40, I'm assuming the number this year is something like 22 or 23), he's played what's called an Accrued Season - players become UFAs at 27 or having 7 Accrued Seasons, so that means he'd be an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

Thanks for clearing that up. I still don't think he goes anywhere. I see them treating him like they treated Larsson last year -- using him as long as they can, subbing him out if they need to. Obviously different roles -- Larsson was getting big time minutes on d, and I don't see Matteau getting more than 3rd line minutes now, but I think he's already a decent third liner, so as long as he can hang with the big boys, might as well let him learn on the fly.

I'll bite, I wonder if they move Elias to 1LW

Elias-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Poni-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

Matteau/Barch-JJ-Butler (or JJ-Loktionov-Butler)

Last years playoff 3rd and 4th lines receive promotions hah

(it would suck the break up the ranger killer line of elias-henrique-clarkson)

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18

I'll bite, I wonder if they move Elias to 1LW

Elias-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Poni-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

Matteau/Barch-JJ-Butler (or JJ-Loktionov-Butler)

Last years playoff 3rd and 4th lines receive promotions hah

(it would suck the break up the ranger killer line of elias-henrique-clarkson)

I'd rather keep that line together and try Poni on the Kovy line. It would help them to have a big body to fight for possession on the boards, and Poni can bury some deflections around the net. I also think DeBo experiments for a couple weeks til he's happy with the lines. Now we have enough depth that he can really do some stuff.

The thing I find funny about this is during all the trade speculation talk on this forum, lots of people eluded to "We need a third line winger like Poni," and a list of names were thrown out there. But no one (at least from what I recall) predicted it would actually be him.

Obviously it would have been ideal to have just re-signed him in the offseason, but I'm more than willing to cut our losses and bring him back.

The thing I find funny about this is during all the trade speculation talk on this forum, lots of people eluded to "We need a third line winger like Poni," and a list of names were thrown out there. But no one (at least from what I recall) predicted it would actually be him.

Obviously it would have been ideal to have just re-signed him in the offseason, but I'm more than willing to cut our losses and bring him back.

Who woulda thought WInnipeg woulda had him for less than a  month and dumped him already 

It's funny because on the outside looking in, people from other teams must be wondering what we're so excited about, especially Hurricanes fans. If I recall, he hugely underperformed there the past few seasons, as well as the past few weeks in Winnipeg. Jets and Canes fans must be wondering why we're so happy to get him back again.

But as Devils fans, having witnessed the season we did last year, we know how well suited he is to the system. This is a great move, for our depth and for our system which Poni was very instrumental in implementing last year.

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

Doesn't sound like there was much said that was terribly serious during that conversation.  I wouldn't really make much out of that.

• Like 1