PoniKoravski traded back to Devils. Zubrus to miss 2-8 Weeks

thelastonealive

Ya, I don't worry too much about what outsiders have to say about our organization. Lou seems to understand that certain players fit the system and if he stockpiles him we have a better chance of advancing in the playoffs. I think Pete will keep playnig with lines that are not hot all season hoping to find the right mix heading into the playoffs, speficially a mix that alllows him to roll 4 lines and pound the apposing team on the boards.

The thing I find funny about this is during all the trade speculation talk on this forum, lots of people eluded to "We need a third line winger like Poni," and a list of names were thrown out there. But no one (at least from what I recall) predicted it would actually be him.

Obviously it would have been ideal to have just re-signed him in the offseason, but I'm more than willing to cut our losses and bring him back.

Ahem, I said in the post 5-1 loss to Pitts topic "can Lou summon back Poni for like 4th rounder". Great minds think alike (me, Lou) :)

Is it just me or does anyone else think that another reason this trade was made was because of Lohktionov's comments yesterday where he said he doesn't feel comfortable playing any other position than center?

I don't think it is wise to tell your employer you are not flexible.

I don't think so, but I wouldn't rule it out entirely. A bottom-six was needed, so I think that would have been the main reason, along with Zubrus' injury. Who knows? Maybe because we play the Flyers on Friday and Lou knows Poni has been clutch against them.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that another reason this trade was made was because of Lohktionov's comments yesterday where he said he doesn't feel comfortable playing any other position than center?

i didn't like that Loktionov said that. You aren't going to last on the Devils if you aren't willing to move around, unless you're a stud.  And as of right now, he isn't a stud, but i don't think this trade was because of that.  I think the trade happened solely because of Zubie's injury and the fact that we just needed to fill out our depth a bit better.  As of right now, i don't think we need a top six forward. I think we have a 1a and a 1b line now in poni/matteau-zajac-kovy and elias-henrique-clarkson.  I say we keep tally and harrold and sub them in to give some guys off on back to backs or if an injury comes up.  We're solid now. IN LOU I TRUST

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

That's Jerry Recco. He's a Devils fan and usually calls Boomer out if he says something stupid about the Devils.

It was already an open secret he wasn't good at wing/didn't like it, that shouldn't have surprised anyone. There's a reason we got him for a 5th.

The Poni trade was just coincidental timing, I didn't think the Jets would make him available this early but them getting Tangradi made Poni expendable apparently.

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

Boomer Esiason is a moron. I guess using that logic Tortorella should have been fired because Lundqvist gave up 4 goals to Pitt on January 20th at the Garden. Carton is a joke anyway so I am not going to address that

I been trying to call their show for the longest and ask Boomer how it felt to see Joe Montana run down the field and beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl

Edited by grcenter47

Boomer Esiason is a moron. I guess using that logic Tortorella should have been fired because Lundqvist gave up 4 goals to Pitt on January 20th at the Garden. Carton is a joke anyway so I am not going to address that

I been trying to call their show for the longest and ask Boomer how it felt to see Joe Montana run down the field and beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl

I used to like Boomer, till he got that radio show, what a POS he turned into. he thinks he knows everything and everyone should think like him. And the rags are the best, its MSG or it doesnt matter... yadda yadda.... eff him

Edited by hargsy

That would mean Lou didn't do his research since those comments were made beforehand and he acquired Loktionov to play wing. It's possible, Lou's made mistakes before.

That would mean Lou didn't do his research since those comments were made beforehand and he acquired Loktionov to play wing. It's possible, Lou's made mistakes before.

I don't think Loktionov's comments necessarily mean he won't play wing, but him admitting he isn't exactly comfortable there isn't the best way to endear yourself to a new team.  I imagine the Devils were hoping that some of his anti-wing sentiments were because of how he was treated by the LA Kings organization.

man now i wanna see his signature but i hid all signatures and cant remember how to unhide them.

auzjbk.jpg

I don't mind it really. I look at it as Zach being shot, and blood splattering all over the place. I ignore the "Can he crack 40 + this season part...and I never knew what the DISARM06 mean...