NHL raises ticket prices

eaglejelly

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8945052/nhl-ticket-price-hike-surpasses-other-leagues

Despite a lockout that wiped out the entire preseason and 34 regular-season games, NHL teams instituted the largest ticket percentage increase among the pro hockey league, the NBA and the NFL for the second consecutive season, according to an annual study by Team Marketing Report, a Chicago-based sports marketing research firm.

Honestly, outside of Rangers games I havent paid at or above face value for any Devils tickets in years.  Hell I have never seen so many promos for Devils tickets as I have this year so honestly I have never paid so little for tickets outside when they were literally giving away thousands of tickets to games in the 2010-11 season.

What kind of promos have you found?  I normally go to about 1 reg season game and then I'll go in a late playoff game or the stanley cup.  and of course I go whenever they retire a jersey or something huge like that.

I bought 2 tickets for a March game against Montreal on e-bay for less than face value of those tickets and less than what the devils listed it for.  It's lower section, devils listed it for over $100, and the face value on the ticket is $99 (which are season ticket holder tickets), I got them for about $85 per ticket

Honestly, outside of Rangers games I havent paid at or above face value for any Devils tickets in years.  Hell I have never seen so many promos for Devils tickets as I have this year so honestly I have never paid so little for tickets outside when they were literally giving away thousands of tickets to games in the 2010-11 season.

What kind of promos have you found?  I normally go to about 1 reg season game and then I'll go in a late playoff game or the stanley cup.  and of course I go whenever they retire a jersey or something huge like that

There were some really good deals, including $75 club seats.

They are all tracked in this thread:   http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130303