Darche retiring.

ghdi

@RenLavoieRDS

Mathieu Darche had a long conversation with Lou Lamoriello today. After, Darche decided to go back home and he's ready to move on. #devils

@RenLavoieRDS

Mathieu Darche should announce this week that he's retiring.

Edited by ghdi

Surprised he stayed as long as he did. Without a contract, wouldn't he be paying for his own health insurance? I don't think the Devils would be obligated to cover him if he were injured in practice (although they may have had an arrangement). When someone got injured and they went the trade route instead... I guess the writing is kind of on the wall... Best of luck with whatever he does next.

How did Ted stay for the amount of games he did and Darche never even got a shot? Perhaps with an 82 game season the circumstances would have allowed it more

Because Tendenby already has a contract. Darche didn't and if we signed him and then got rid after 5 games its a waste of cap space. Clearly he wasn't good enough for the team.

Too bad for Darche, I wish him the best, but I think the Devils made the right move.

Because Tendenby already has a contract. Darche didn't and if we signed him and then got rid after 5 games its a waste of cap space. Clearly he wasn't good enough for the team.

He was slotted with Butler in all of the practice lines so that leads me to believe he was at least somewhat comparable. I guess I'm not as mad with him not getting signed as I am questioning the handling of it

It's a tough business. My buddy was playing minor league hockey and was cut. He found all his gear in a shopping cart outside the locker    room.

Darche is a professional and obviously still has the fire to play.  He is actually a solid player to boot.  Best of luck to him. I wish he  knew how much people like us in these forums appreciate his effort to make the Devils a better hockey team.

He was slotted with Butler in all of the practice lines so that leads me to believe he was at least somewhat comparable. I guess I'm not as mad with him not getting signed as I am questioning the handling of it

if he's comparable, of course you give the 22 year old the chance instead. And if he couldn't beat out Tedenby, who was good in the first game which is what got him the next 2, that says *something* 

if he's comparable, of course you give the 22 year old the chance instead. And if he couldn't beat out Tedenby, who was good in the first game which is what got him the next 2, that says *something* 

Exactly how i feel on it, if he couldnt beat out the people that were there with him he was never going to make the team. He had long enough with the team to make an impact and he didn't.

Also i trust Lou with the handling of these things, he would never have strung Darche along, Lou is always up front with his players. I would very much doubt Lou is the sort of guy who makes promises to people he knows he has no intention of carrying through or cant meet.