GDT 2/16/13: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders

NJDEVS1730

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just once more I'd mention that I want to see what Lokti can bring to the fourth line. Josefson averages less than a shot per game and is a minus 8 and 44% on face offs. I think it's time to see what the new acquisition can bring to the table.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention before is I'd really like to see Henrique generating more shots. He's a guy that I'd really like to see get going. I think he only has like 12 in 10 games which is kinda surprising.

blair jones was placed on waivers on sat afternoon. i think lou should claim him . he once won the hardest shot contest shooting the puck over 100mph  at the ahl all star game. hes 6'3 207. makes  650 k this year and next. one thing we lack  in a player with a heavvy shot like souray. blair jones could be this years ryan carter waiver claim troll http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3976

Could Tallinder help in Ott? I am not sure they could offer anything substantial with the loss of Spezza too.

I don't think they'd be interested. They're taking the long term approach to that rebuild and even if they did make the dance last season, missing it this year would be no big deal given their injuries.

Too bad we are almost last in the lineup for claiming players off of waivers. A guy like Boychuk or this guy Jones would be good claims.

EDIT: I could actually see Jones slip through the cracks, he really hasn't produced in the NHL with any team. But with Deboers system making certain players better we should take a chance on this guy if we can claim him. Worst case scenario is more AHL depth which we could use.

Edited by Zubie#8

Sick of Sal already. He gets worse each game. Sal and Volch should not be paired together on the PK. Absolutely no communication or chemistry between the two. Both of them chasing an Isle around the net just prior to a goal has been engraved in my mind

Salvador and Volchenkov were lead D on one of the best PKs in the league last year.  While they made a mistake there, and while I kill Salvador for how horrible he is at even strength, I don't think this is an issue.

Really bad performance, Still 1st in the conference, we can't win them all. I predict a victory monday!

not anymore with that pittsburgh win...

thats the worst part in a short season... teams won't really have a chance to get a big lead in standings or be too low, it should remain pretty tight and only a few points is the difference to make the playoffs. Also since there's no games against western teams all points were giving away are going to teams around us and alll tie games points goes to 2 teams in our conference. So its gonna be really tight.

So of course i don't expect them to win all game but to lose game we should win or to play this baddly is okay but we certainly cant keep playing games like that.

Lol wtf is this all about?

This is our new project: cataloguing Pete's ties. We always predict the outcome of the games based on how excellent Pete's tie is. It's silly, but it's fun. Sometimes he wears some really nice ties. Sometimes he wears some SERIOUS stinkers. Power ties = power victories!

Join us on our journey!

This is our new project: cataloguing Pete's ties. We always predict the outcome of the games based on how excellent Pete's tie is. It's silly, but it's fun. Sometimes he wears some really nice ties. Sometimes he wears some SERIOUS stinkers. Power ties = power victories!

Join us on our journey!

hahahaha

Wow I hadn't seen this.... there really might be something to this tie juju thing then...I'm not as weird as I think.

I'm really sick of Stevens blue tie with white diamond print.  He's kind of more annoying than my Dad who always has school boy stripes in classic colors - but then he'll wow us all with little footballs one day.  and of course he's got the family tartan tie...  yeah, anyhow so I'll start following the DeBoer tie....

and Eco - our D sucks.  We have really well-rounded defensively responsible forwards. :uni:   Nah, I know it's not so bad, I'm just bitching - pretty much to amuse myself. The kernel of truth has no resolution so it doesn't really matter.  Well, it does... but I'm not sure what it is. It's not clear as of yet.