Carter Missing from Practice, Matteau taking his Spot, forming "Th

enjoythesilence

Nothing has been confirmed about Carter having a concussion, but he is not practicing per TG on F&I.  Matteau took his spot for practice.  Then TG goes on twitter:

"So, we've got Stefan, Stephen and Steve on the same line. Can we just call them the Steve Line?"

Hopefully Carter does not have a concussion.  I like how Bernier has been playing so far.

because tallinder is also a good defenseman and the guy that SHOULD sit won't in part because he's the captain of the team.

this.

plus who knows whats up with Fayne... maybe whoever died in his family was more important than we think, he played the same night and took that dumb penalty. Then admitted the game after that he was not playing at his best. So maybe he's really going through something, may sound ridiculous but who knows.

The Steves... Kind of like the Hansons.  Old time hockey, right coach?  Eddie Shore

The Hansons...were they from D2 or D3?  :P

Oh and did anyone else sit around for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how Matteau, Gionta and Bernier form "Th".....?

Edited by Neb00rs

The Hansons...were they from D2 or D3?  :P

Oh and did anyone else sit around for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how Matteau, Gionta and Bernier form "Th".....?

Sadly, I've seen both of those on many occasions.  It's knucklepuck time!  Maybe, if Gio shot the knucklepuck R.A. style he might get some respect.

oh, i didn't realize it was official for tomorrow (Thursday).  Turns out Carter didn't make the trip to Washington, so I'm guessin that means he's out for Thursday and Saturday?  Thats sh!tty...

I do think Matteau could do something on the third line.. I feel like his aggressive and tough play will work well with Bernier and Gionta's hustle and energy.

... lets hope!

Small sample size but at even strength Fayne has faced the toughest competition (1.060 Corsi Rel QoC) and has the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (7.8) of Devils D w/ at least 10 GP.

Last year at even strength he faced the toughest competition (0.787 Corsi Rel QoC) and had the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (1.6) of Devils D w/ at least 55 GP.

I really became a big fan of Fayne watching him step up last year and the "microstats" help back that up. He's gone thru a rough patch recently but he should pull out of it. It's a shame Tallinder and Fayne don't get the long leash like Volchenkov or Zidlicky (though at least Zidlicky brings a skill to the table that none of the other D do). The Devils are a better team when both Fayne and Tallinder play.

Small sample size but at even strength Fayne has faced the toughest competition (1.060 Corsi Rel QoC) and has the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (7.8) of Devils D w/ at least 10 GP.

Last year at even strength he faced the toughest competition (0.787 Corsi Rel QoC) and had the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (1.6) of Devils D w/ at least 55 GP.

I really became a big fan of Fayne watching him step up last year and the "microstats" help back that up. He's gone thru a rough patch recently but he should pull out of it. It's a shame Tallinder and Fayne don't get the long leash like Volchenkov or Zidlicky (though at least Zidlicky brings a skill to the table that none of the other D do). The Devils are a better team when both Fayne and Tallinder play.

Fayne has drilled his way to becoming a very good 1 vs 1 NHL defenseman, has good size and yet can stop on a dime and close a gap against the quickest of forwards.  having a hard time gauging tallinder now, he looks real weak with the stick in front of the net at times but he carrys the puck with confidence  maybe too much

Zajac may not be putting up the points people expect but he's been doing a great job defensively this year. He's faced the toughest competition of NJ's forwards and has come out ahead in possession.

I think the cgbg line plays very well defensivley and often times finds themselves out their against an opposing teams top line. They just bring an energy to the game that zajac and our first have not. They hit hard and play to our system.