Lindy Ruff fired

SterioDesign

Was literally about to post this, glad I checked first.

You knew this was coming after back to back straight up disappointments from Buffalo. He had a good run for 16+ years, but just lost the team. I think the end for him was when both Briere and Drury walked and how management royally screwed up both of them. Left a massive void he hasn't been able to fill.

Hopefully he'll get another shot eventually.

Wow. Well, he'll have another job in 5 minutes if one opens up.

Pretty much the exact same thought I had right before I posted lol.

And the exact same comparison Clown had last week on one of his blogs lol, I guess it's an easy one to make especially with how close together they got fired in the end.

Regier's going to be next. The Sabres are legitimately bad. They have some good young players so it shouldn't be long before they're good again, but I don't know how the team got into such bad shape so quickly.

Don't think they're that bad

Vanek, Pominville, Ott, Myers, Sekera, Ehrhoff, Ennis and Miller are nice players. Then Girgensons, Grigirenko, Hodgson and Gerbe will make significant contributions down the road. Buffalo fans are saying Ruff utilized the talent poorly

Wow. Well, he'll have another job in 5 minutes if one opens up.

Pretty much the exact same thought I had right before I posted lol.

And the exact same comparison Clown had last week on one of his blogs lol, I guess it's an easy one to make especially with how close together they got fired in the end.

. This is how long Lindy Ruff was the Sabres' coach: when he took over, I was a senior in high school. He wasn't fired until 3 and a half weeks before my 34th birthday. THAT'S longevity. :P Edited by MadDog2020

Crazy how long he lasted. Me and my friend were talking about whether he'll get another chance... Seems everyone here thinks he will. I associate him so much with the Sabres I just can't picture him with someone else.

On a kind of related note... on NHL.com on the sidebar reads 'Rolston gets shot, Sabres could look elsewhere'... before I realized who Ron Rolston was I definitely thought Brian Rolston had been shot and somehow the Sabres were involved lol.