Elias Has Assists on 35.7% of All Devils Goals

ATLL765

Not sure if it has changed since i last checked but Elias was in the top 10 in NHL scoring . I was surprised. I have no idea why, because he seems to always be in and around the top of the league year after year. I expected his numbers to really drop each of the last few years but they don't seem to be.

He is such a smart player, he makes players better. I hope he goes in to coaching when he hangs up the skates because he seems to know the game so well.

Not sure if it has changed since i last checked but Elias was in the top 10 in NHL scoring . I was surprised. I have no idea why, because he seems to always be in and around the top of the league year after year. I expected his numbers to really drop each of the last few years but they don't seem to be.

He is such a smart player, he makes players better. I hope he goes in to coaching when he hangs up the skates because he seems to know the game so well.

There's no doubt that Elias is an elite talent. He's still in my opinion a top 5 passer in the NHL, he may be up there in the top 3 with Datsyuk, Datsyuk has a better scoring touch though.

My point here was not whether Elias is amazing or super amazing, he's both. It's whether this is just an indicator of Elias' talent or an indicator that he's carrying the offense and we need someone else to be a playmaker and take some heat off Elias....I'm thinking about you, Zajac.

Edited by ATLL765

He has really bounced back nicely after a couple of rough seasons in '06-'07 and '07-'08, when he couldn't have been more snakebit (7.9 and 7.6 shooting%s, by far his two worst for a full season).  285 pts in 313 GP since.  Points aren't everything, obviously, but those two years could've really destroyed his confidence. 

87 more points to go to reach 1000.  He should be able to get about 25 more before the season's out.  He could crack that before the end of next season. 

He has really bounced back nicely after a couple of rough seasons in '06-'07 and '07-'08, when he couldn't have been more snakebit (7.9 and 7.6 shooting%s, by far his two worst for a full season).  285 pts in 313 GP since.  Points aren't everything, obviously, but those two years could've really destroyed his confidence. 

87 more points to go to reach 1000.  He should be able to get about 25 more before the season's out.  He could crack that before the end of next season. 

I thought he was guaranteed to get it by end of next season, but with the lockout, he may need two more, though if he plays like this next season, it'll be no problem. 1000 points will get him into the HOF for sure I think.

If he and Brodeur make it to the end of their careers here in NJ, they'll be 2 of the only 3 to make it to HOF with one team only. That would be a pretty cool for the Devils.

Edited by ATLL765

Taking into account tonights game, if you take out goals he has scored (since he obviously can't assist on his own goals), which I don't think the article did, the percentage is more around 40%....that is just ridiculous. This also means he's had a hand in roughly 47% of the Devils total scoring (including his own goals) If you can say anything about the man, its that he's efficient. He's logging about 19 min a game...

Edited by UnderDogX

Patty's numbers, at least the traditional ones, are pretty comparable to Pavel Datsyuk's, who some people, including players, will tell you is the best all around player in the game.  I suppose Datsyuk's overall game, i.e. defensive game, is better than Elias's, but probably not by much. 

Really? I don't see either wanting to get in to coaching at all.

You don't think so? Marty's already the third assistant coach on the bench anyways. He's constantly giving guys pointers, talking to them, etc. The last two great players to be with us for extended time became coaches, why would you think they wouldn't attempt the same with Elias and Marty? I know Stevens is a legend here, but so is Marty and Marty, is arguably, the greatest goaltender of all time, you really don't think the Devils try to give him a shot as goalie coach? Even if it is in Albany first, I think they will attempt.

Same with Elias, he's an extremely intelligent player and even when he makes a mistake, he immediately knows it. Watch his face every time he makes a bad pass instead of taking a shot on a 2 on 1, he looks like he hates himself sometimes. He's the kind of player who can see the whole ice and I think that's something that could translate well in a coaching role.

Again, head coach is a whole other can of worms, I'm just saying a coach in some capacity, whether special teams, whatever.

Edited by ATLL765

I thought he was guaranteed to get it by end of next season, but with the lockout, he may need two more, though if he plays like this next season, it'll be no problem. 1000 points will get him into the HOF for sure I think.

If he and Brodeur make it to the end of their careers here in NJ, they'll be 2 of the only 3 to make it to HOF with one team only. That would be a pretty cool for the Devils.

There's only one current player in the HOF that spent his career with one team? That can't be right. Cam Neely and Joe Sakic (if he's been eligible yet) are two that come to mind, unless Sakic is considered to have played for two teams with the Quebec move :P Ken Dryden is another, iirc.

EDIT: Correction on Neely, I think he was traded from the Vancouver organization at one point. Still I find that number hard to believe.

It's pretty much guaranteed that he and Marty become part of the coaching group at some point. Whether either of them could handle head coach is a whole other thing though.

Marty would rather learn Lou's job than get into coaching. Elias, who knows...he can coach, be an analyst or just work with UNICEF. We don't really know what he wants to do post-career. Edited by NJDevs4978

Jacques Lemaire, Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin, Ken Dryden are HOF players who played for one team that come to mind off the top of my head.

There's only one current player in the HOF that spent his career with one team? That can't be right. Cam Neely and Joe Sakic (if he's been eligible yet) are two that come to mind, unless Sakic is considered to have played for two teams with the Quebec move :P Ken Dryden is another, iirc.

EDIT: Correction on Neely, I think he was traded from the Vancouver organization at one point. Still I find that number hard to believe.

Marty would rather learn Lou's job than get into coaching. Elias, who knows...he can coach, be an analyst or just work with UNICEF. We don't really know what he wants to do post-career.

Steve Yzerman and Mike Bossy come to mind off the top of my head as two players who got in playing for one team.  I'm sure there's a lot of former Canadiens on the "one team only list" too (Jacques Lemaire and Ken Dryden for starters).

Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin, Gilbert Perreault, Bill Barber, Bobby Clarke, Alex Delvecchio, Henri Richard, Yvan Cournoyer, Rod Gilbert, Ken Dryden, Stan Mikita, and Jacques Lemaire all made the HOF with only one team and that's just off the top of my head. Marty would be the second goalie to do it though, Dryden being the other.