GDT New Jersey Devils at Capitals 7PM MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Kovy should play like this every game, i think anything less is unacceptable. I mean he doesn't need to play these minutes, but when hes on the ice I see no reason why he shouldn't play as strong a game as he currently is playing.

Also I'm loving all our pick ups, loktinov + butler.

we need him to last until his late thirties. :)

Kovy should play like this every game, i think anything less is unacceptable. I mean he doesn't need to play these minutes, but when hes on the ice I see no reason why he shouldn't play as strong a game as he currently is playing.

Also I'm loving all our pick ups, loktinov + butler.

Unacceptable? Other teams look for ways to shut down Kovalchuk the way we shut down Crosby and Malkin and Giroux. It's a two-way street. Can't expect an effort like this every night.

The reverse did happen...in the second period :P  This game is just one giant clusterfvck.  Funny how a couple of recent games have been non-officiated and this one's been so over-officiated it's ridiculous.

Well I will agree with you on this one! B ) Sorry if I came across as a jerk before, I have a massive headache and turn into a b**** when it happens sometimes.

Well I will agree with you on this one! B ) Sorry if I came across as a jerk before, I have a massive headache and turn into a b**** when it happens sometimes.

Well I'm just testy over this defensive situation (re: Fayne sitting) in general lol

And this game kinda sucked, win or no win.  Although Lokti getting such a big goal is a huge plus.

Unacceptable? Other teams look for ways to shut down Kovalchuk the way we shut down Crosby and Malkin and Giroux. It's a two-way street. Can't expect an effort like this every night.

im not talking about scoring or making plays, im talking about effort. Kovy tends to be very lazy especially on teh forecheck. Tonight he put in 100percent effort. I can't say that I see him do that often, we overlook it because of how skilled he is.

im not talking about scoring or making plays, im talking about effort. Kovy tends to be very lazy especially on teh forecheck. Tonight he put in 100percent effort. I can't say that I see him do that often, we overlook it because of how skilled he is.

If he gave the effort he gave tonight every game, he'd be dead. The dude is a horse but he's playing 30 minutes a night. There are times where it's smart for him to not try to be everywhere at once and go all out for every loose puck. That's just the truth.

lol he's playing 20something minutes a night do you want 100% max effort every shift? And lazy and kovy don't go together anymore. Would you dare say he's enigmatic?

If he gave the effort he gave tonight every game, he'd be dead. The dude is a horse but he's playing 30 minutes a night. There are times where it's smart for him to not try to be everywhere at once and go all out for every loose puck. That's just the truth.

That's the other thing that has me on edge...Kovy-borg's icetime.  I'm shocked it wasn't over 30 tonight considering he played like fifteen of those minutes in the third period with all those PP's :P

Not sprint-skating for every play doesn't mean lazy. His game shapes around the opposing team we face on an given night. Some nights are "sprint nights" and others are slow careful quarterbacking nights. And his assists/points count shows this; lazy and Kovalchuk is so 2010.

If he played with as much "intensity" as Gionta, he wouldn't be Kovalchuk and he wouldn't make the impact he does. We don't need him to play that way.

Edited by DJ Eco