history of devils minor league hockey?

GIANTS79

I never really followed minor league hockey, but I was wondering this lately.  Does anyone have a list or a link of a list of the history of Devils minor league hockey.  I know right there is the Albany Devils (which use to be the Lowell Devils) than I think they were the Albany Riverrats before that.  I was going through some old programs and they've linked different Devils minor league teams. 

I also got a bunch of devils items years ago (including the 2000 and 95 stanley cup banners) and he gave me a pin with a lobster on it (from Maine or one of the New England states, I'll have to check the team name) and he said that was a devils minor league team back in the day (perhaps the late 80's early 90's).

Just got me curious to see a full list of minor league teams they've had since the 82-83 move to NJ

I never really followed minor league hockey, but I was wondering this lately.  Does anyone have a list or a link of a list of the history of Devils minor league hockey.  I know right there is the Albany Devils (which use to be the Lowell Devils) than I think they were the Albany Riverrats before that.  I was going through some old programs and they've linked different Devils minor league teams. 

I also got a bunch of devils items years ago (including the 2000 and 95 stanley cup banners) and he gave me a pin with a lobster on it (from Maine or one of the New England states, I'll have to check the team name) and he said that was a devils minor league team back in the day (perhaps the late 80's early 90's).

Just got me curious to see a full list of minor league teams they've had since the 82-83 move to NJ

I believe it was always the Utica Devils up until the move to Albany.

Utica Devils were the minor league from 87-93.  Then that team moved and became the St. John's Flames and the Devils moved their affliation to the newly renamed Albany River Rats (formerly the Capital District Islanders).  The Devils ended their affiliation with the River Rats in 2006 and they became the minor league team for Carolina while the Devils bought the Lowell Loch Monsters and changed their name to the Lowell Devils.  When Carolina moved the River Rats in 2010 to Charlotte (and renaming them to the Checkers), the Devils moved the Lowell Devils to Albany and renamed them the current Albany Devils.

I think Maine Mariners prior to Utica

You are correct in that.

thanks for all of the info.  so it sounds like there have been five of them:

started with the Maine Mariners (must have had a lobster logo because that's the pin I have from back in the day), than Utica Devils, River Rats, than Lowell Devils, than Albany Devils?

Utica Devils were the minor league from 87-93.  Then that team moved and became the St. John's Flames and the Devils moved their affliation to the newly renamed Albany River Rats (formerly the Capital District Islanders).  The Devils ended their affiliation with the River Rats in 2006 and they became the minor league team for Carolina while the Devils bought the Lowell Loch Monsters and changed their name to the Lowell Devils.  When Carolina moved the River Rats in 2010 to Charlotte (and renaming them to the Checkers), the Devils moved the Lowell Devils to Albany and renamed them the current Albany Devils.

You are correct in that.

Wichita Wind was the minor-league team in the Devils' first year, after the Rockies had moved from Colorado .

HockeyDB should have everything you need to know:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_affiliations_parent.php?tmi=7066

Season Farm Team League 
1982-1983 Wichita Wind CHL 
1983-1987 Maine Mariners AHL 
1987-1993 Utica Devils AHL 
1992-1993 Cincinnati Cyclones IHL 
1993-2006 Albany River Rats AHL 
2006-2010 Lowell Devils AHL 
2010-2013 Albany Devils AHL 

Secondary    
1982-1984 Muskegon Mohawks IHL