GDT- Devils @ Buffalo 3 PM

eaglejelly

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That goal against was an all around terrible effort. Bad back check by Zid and kovy, sh!tty coverage by butler, and softie by moose. Normally I would say that a one timer from there isn't soft but that was a slow developing play and moose needs to be aware that there is a guy in the slot.

Lokti looking good still, he has made a couple of weak passes a few times but that one to kovy was great. If i was him in that situation I woulda put it on net, didnt even realize kovy was in a position to shoot and I'm looking at it on tv.

You guys are nuts for blaming Moose on a one timer from Pominville, who always has a good shot, from the slot during a powerplay with sh!t effort from Kovy Zids and Butler with a screen. Im sorry but you guys are crazy.

Not blaming it all on Moose, obviously. But it was a softie, even by Moose's standards. It wasn't a Pominville fully winded rip, it was a quick play, a quick release, not the "fastest" shot; Moose gets that 9 times out of 10, so a bit of a softy. He was caught sleeping there, not unlike the other 3 players around him.

That goal against was an all around terrible effort. Bad back check by Zid and kovy, sh!tty coverage by butler, and softie by moose. Normally I would say that a one timer from there isn't soft but that was a slow developing play and moose needs to be aware that there is a guy in the slot.

I'm sure he's aware there's a guy in the slot but how the **** is he supposed to know where the shot's going to go on a bang-bang play?  

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sweet toe drag by Zid there on the PP, good choice.

(Am I clear enough about just how much I despise the way Zid is playing right now?)

Seriously, didn't even attempt to maneuver the puck, just let it move along at 3mph while he did some Fred Astaire routine to fake out the 3 on-rushing Buffalo d-men.

Edited by DJ Eco

I'm sure he's aware there's a guy in the slot but how the **** is he supposed to know where the shot's going to go on a bang-bang play?

It's not a bang bang play though. The guy is in the corner for 5 seconds or so, pomenville is sitting in the slot there the entire time. No movement. The second that puck gets moved moose should no whats happening. A bang bang play would have been if it went into the corner and he picks the puck up right away and throws it to the center to a streaking player who one times it in. That play was painfully obvious and slow.