GDT- Devils @ Buffalo 3 PM

eaglejelly

This team is an all around failure.

Good job not signing Zac or trading for a goalie who isn't 45.

Adios playoffs.

fvcking disaster embarrassment.

You make it sound like Lou just decided not to sign Zach. From all the info we know, money wasn't the factor in him going to the wild so I don't know if u can blame Lou. Yeah, u can say he should have started trying to sign Zach earlier but I really think Zach was going to UFA no matter what. His agent wanted him to get the most he could get and Zach went along with it.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should care about that. That terrible contract is even worse when the cap goes down next year.

If they had kept Zach they probably wouldn't bother with this eight-D sideshow (that isn't helping anyway), and there's half your cap space for Zach next year with no Tallinder/Volch/whomever.  For all we know the cap could be over $100 million by the time Zach's contract gets truly 'bad'/not commensureate with performance.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Getting beat clean is what we call a 'softie' now. He's a back up goalie. He's going to let in goals.

Miller has had a few tough saves he's had to make through traffic and 4 or 5 close goal-mouth scrums. Hedberg's goals, all 3, were shots he routinely saves without hesitation, nothing out of the ordinary in either of those 3 goals. He's just having a really bad stretch, and I can't wait for it to be over, or at least for Marty to bring back some normalcy...

you didnt watch the second goal, THE ONLY REASON IT WENT IN IS BECAUSE MOOSE HAD HIS BODY TURNED WHEN COMING ACROSS THE ICE. It bounces off him into the net, that is misplay by the goalie ntoa clean beat. And the first goal he didn't even realize someone was in the slot he only realizes someone shot once the goal is in the net, despite defensive  misques he was awful on that.

THE FIRST GOAL WAS HIS FAULT!?!?!?! hahaha dude how about zidlicky standing there with his thumb up his ass and the other 2 fowards not helping out at all????? its a one timer from in between the circles. what a kook

Haha good point. I remember when people wanted him to be the starter over whoever that other guy we have is.

i like Moose but come on lol depending on how you look at it is he REALLY better than Luongo or Schneider ? He's a good vet and backup to have but I never got on that bandwagon that he was the best in the league

If there's one silver lining that's come about throughout this game, it's that Tallinder looks like his reliable safe defensive self this game and last game. He's played miles better than his previous games and better than Volchenkov as well. It's good timing because at a time like this, we could use some solid reliable veterans calming the boys down..

i like Moose but come on lol depending on how you look at it is he REALLY better than Luongo or Schneider ? He's a good vet and backup to have but I never got on that bandwagon that he was the best in the league

Before this past February, I'd definitely put him on top 3 category for backup goalies. The past couple years of games that he's played in were largely 1-goal games and a surprising amount of shutouts...

THE FIRST GOAL WAS HIS FAULT!?!?!?! hahaha dude how about zidlicky standing there with his thumb up his ass and the other 2 fowards not helping out at all????? its a one timer from in between the circles. what a kook

yes it is, it should have been a relativley easy save. It seems like you don't watch the game or maybe you can't follow the puck. kovy played weak butler was out of position and ziddy was terrible on that play, but hedberg should have at least been in a position to try stop it, he wasn't even aware of the shot. He is our last line of defense and right now he's not doing his job well.

And to the person who said I better rage about marty when he goes sour, I will, when we lose and its because of marty I will rage about marty letting in softies.

Buffalo is a bottom dweller we shouldn't be in this position 3-3 we have little offence.

Ryan Miller is actually a very good goalie, we have had alot of good chances today and he has made alot of good saves and had hardly any rebounds for us to swing at.

There goes the season kovy hurt.

If there's one silver lining that's come about throughout this game, it's that Tallinder looks like his reliable safe defensive self this game and last game. He's played miles better than his previous games and better than Volchenkov as well. It's good timing because at a time like this, we could use some solid reliable veterans calming the boys down..

Before this past February, I'd definitely put him on top 3 category for backup goalies. The past couple years of games that he's played in were largely 1-goal games and a surprising amount of shutouts...

I would venture to guess that the reason he has played so poorly now and in the past has been good is becaues he is basically the starter now and maybe he isn't dealing with pressure that comes with it.

I don't think we miss THAT much Parise... But Zajac does.. Big time !

Yeah that's another thing.  Zajac hasn't exactly proven he's a top six offensive player without Zach around him. He was bad two years ago when Zach was out.

Edited by NJDevs4978

yes it is, it should have been a relativley easy save. It seems like you don't watch the game or maybe you can't follow the puck. kovy played weak butler was out of position and ziddy was terrible on that play, but hedberg should have at least been in a position to try stop it, he wasn't even aware of the shot. He is our last line of defense and right now he's not doing his job well.

And to the person who said I better rage about marty when he goes sour, I will, when we lose and its because of marty I will rage about marty letting in softies.

soooo you just said i was right, but i dont watch the game. youre a few sammiches short of a picnic sweetheart

soooo you just said i was right, but i dont watch the game. youre a few sammiches short of a picnic sweetheart

No the goalie's job is to stop shots, he didn't even move to stop it because he was slow and playing terribly. Ryan miller hasn't let in a goal on every defensive break down from his team, because ryan miller is a good goalie.