GDT Devils at Leafs 7PM msg+

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils have no more breathing room. The cushion they created early in the season is gone. NOW is the time to look in the mirror and put everything behind them. If they can pull together a nice stretch of games for the next few weeks they will be fine. Thats a lot of Ifs though.

nah, just frustrated. but he doesn't really have his fire coast to coast anymore. 

Everytime he goes coast to coast, it's very symbolic. If anything, he's the only one to seem like he's trying and cares, Clarkson at times too, and CBGB as well, whether the results show it or not.

But as every game passes by, I feel like Kovalchuk's all we have. We don't have any high calibur player right now that could help us right the ship. We need someone to stand out, and our Captain sure as hell ain't going to do it.

5 losses in a row is reason to worry, don't pretend it's not.

We're just fortunate that the once powerful Atlantic division is horrible this year. How we're ahead of the Rangers and Flyers is evidence of how truly awful they started out.

Hedberg was atrocious tonight - team never really picked it up after the 2nd goal against.  Elias makes a bad play, but Hedberg has to make a stop - the Devils had allowed hardly any opportunities on their own net.

Hedberg's been the elephant in the room on this slump - yeah the offense hasn't been there, but neither has the goaltending.  I don't think Kinkaid is any better but I suspect the Devils will find that out tomorrow.

Firing the coach is not going to make the Devils average roster suddenly better people. It worked once, but the talent was there.

I mean, just think out loud for a minute. If you're the coach of a team about to play against the Devils, who do you key on? Kovy - sure. Any dangerous defensemen? Not really. Elias - maybe. Clarkson, Zajac, Poni? Nope.

The minimal talent on this roster is becoming painfully obvious. When you have to hope for your 4th line to consistently produce to win games you're in trouble. Big trouble.

Hedberg was atrocious tonight - team never really picked it up after the 2nd goal against.  Elias makes a bad play, but Hedberg has to make a stop - the Devils had allowed hardly any opportunities on their own net.

Hedberg's been the elephant in the room on this slump - yeah the offense hasn't been there, but neither has the goaltending.  I don't think Kinkaid is any better but I suspect the Devils will find that out tomorrow.

We can certainly hope so. Its so deflating for the team and the fans to see your team outplay the opposition for most of the game (3rd was pretty bad) and have your goalie let in not 1, not 2, but 3 bad goals. 

it's not about good, its about fear. with kinkaid we would be so tight on defense it would actually help. no one wants that kid to take too many shots.

They've seen Hedberg play the last two weeks, do they really want HIM taking shots?  They're 2-7-2, I'd hope they'd be playing on their toes whoever's in net, whether it's Marty, Moose, Kinkaid, Chico...