2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

That running game is terrible, I would think a RB with a top pick is needed if Miami wants to be a serious contender.

. You didn't see much of Lamar Miller I take it... Far from terrible. Explosive as fvck is more like it. Now that he'll be getting more touches and being asked to be the guy, he'll have more chances at explosive plays. All that's needed is a cheap vet which we can sign whenever. We're fine at RB.

. You didn't see much of Lamar Miller I take it... Far from terrible. Explosive as fvck is more like it. Now that he'll be getting more touches and being asked to be the guy, he'll have more chances at explosive plays. All that's needed is a cheap vet which we can sign whenever. We're fine at RB.

True, I did not see Miller much, but if he was third string to Bush and Thomas is always a play away from the DL, I don't really consider the Fins to have much of a running game, sorry.  

True, I did not see Miller much, but if he was third string to Bush and Thomas is always a play away from the DL, I don't really consider the Fins to have much of a running game, sorry.  

By November, Miller had left Thomas in the dust on the depth chart. He was splitting carries with Bush by the end of the season. Trust me, we're fine.

Watching NFL Network today and they were reviewing the Dolphins with the beat Writer for the Fins.     Did not realize they changed their logo's and uniforms for next year.

Also, the reporter is not sold on Tannehill.

Fixed that for ya bud. :P and the new logo isn't bad- I like it. Simple and refined.

The New Logo is supposed to reflect the new offense? more aggressive? I don't know if I'd describe the logo as 'aggressive'- it's simpler and more modern I think. Sleeker.

It ended up working for the Patriots and Broncos. Nothing wrong with cargo cult science.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

So with Grimes now a Dolphin where are they going to go with #12 pick?  Lane Johnson, possibly?

I think its probably between Lane Johnson and Desmond Trufant. I can't see Johnson getting past San Diego, so we'd have to probably move up a couple spots if we wanted him. I'm perfectly content staying at 12 and selecting the best football player available, whoever that happens to be. Re: Grimes- LOVE the signing. Low risk, high reward on a one-year $5.5 mil deal. If he bounces back we can lock him up, if not, let him walk. Great job by Ireland.

I get the feeling they still take a long look at CB (Xavier Rhodes?) in that neighborhood if one of the elite tackles doesn't fall to them. We still have a lot of uncertainty at CB.  The good news is that they're not bound to CB anymore; they can go CB/OT/DE in any combination they may need.

I've read reports (don't know how reliable) that they're trying to trade up to Oakland's spot, since Oakland doesn't have a second round pick.  The plan sounds like an attempt to get Millner.  I also recall reading that they're not that high on Rhodes.

I like the idea of drafting Eiffert, but he seems like a bit of a reach at 12.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see these as an upgrade

Not bad. Not great, but not bad. I was hoping for the old school 70's-80's style striping on the sleeves instead of the logo on the sleeve like the previous jerseys. I definitely like it better than what we had though. And the Jacksonville atrocities make these look like Picassos lol. Edited by MadDog2020

I was lucky enough to chat with grant Marshall about some fin football when he stopped by te suite I was in last night.

After he made his round with pics and autographs ,I told Him how Bruce told me he was a huge fins fan. It was great to learn He is def more than a casual fan. We talked about the draft and the up coming season. Anyway I am so much more a fan of this dude than I already was.

Not bad. Not great, but not bad. I was hoping for the old school 70's-80's style striping on the sleeves instead of the logo on the sleeve like the previous jerseys. I definitely like it better than what we had though. And the Jacksonville atrocities make these look like Picassos lol.

Guess they're going for the mojo that the Broncos and the Pats had once they changed logos. 

I forget what writer said it, but it's really hard to make an intimidating logo out of what is thought to be a friendly dorky animal.  Of course in real life, dolphins are quite mean SOBs. 

Edited by Daniel

I was lucky enough to chat with grant Marshall about some fin football when he stopped by te suite I was in last night.

After he made his round with pics and autographs ,I told Him how Bruce told me he was a huge fins fan. It was great to learn He is def more than a casual fan. We talked about the draft and the up coming season. Anyway I am so much more a fan of this dude than I already was.

The fact that a formerly key member of one of my favorite sports teams is a die-hard fan of my other favorite sports team brings a smile to my face lol.

Thoughts on the Dion Jordan pick?

Some are comparing him to Demarcus Ware. I don't love the fact that he's hurt now. They didn't give up a huge amount to trade into that spot. So even if it's not a home run, I suppose it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GREAT move by Ireland because he only had to give up the 42nd pick to move up 9 spots. And he gets the stud edge rusher, NOT the o-lineman all the morons on TV were all convinced he'd go for. Props to Jeff Ireland, keep that sh!t rolling the rest of the draft.

GREAT move by Ireland because he only had to give up the 42nd pick to move up 9 spots. And he gets the stud edge rusher, NOT the o-lineman all the morons on TV were all convinced he'd go for. Props to Jeff Ireland, keep that sh!t rolling the rest of the draft.

As long as Alberts is your LT before the 2nd Round starts today it's a GREAT job.....that's too important a hole to leave just sitting there.....