2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

No Mingo or Rubin for Cleveland tomorrow. Looks like we'll be without Will Davis and Jamar Taylor, the rookie CB's, and Patterson is banged up and is questionable on the injury report. The CB situation outside of Grimes scares me. After tomorrow's matchup with Weeden, we have Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, and Joe Flacco to deal with, in succession. We better gets lots of pressure up front, God knows we have the talent to get heat on the QB. Because Nolan Carroll and Jimmy Wilson don't really put my mind at ease back there. Oh, and Koa Misi signed a 4-year extension. Cool. Please don't lose tomorrow. Please.

Edited by MadDog2020

No Josh Gordon for the Browns tomorrow either (suspension) Cleveland has no field stretchers. Bess and Little are underneath/intermediate guys.

Yeah, we lucked out in that regard seeing as we're banged up at CB. But this game still concerns me. Its just the inherent distrust I have in the Dolphins. They need to prove it to me.

What is your assessments on Tannehill for this year ? I know he has better weapons, but how is the O-line?

The O-line is a bit of a work in progress, but is good enough for a good QB.

I have no expectations for Tannehill, because I have no idea what to expect. What I do know is that the team will go as far as he can take them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What is your assessments on Tannehill for this year ? I know he has better weapons, but how is the O-line?

I think Tannehill is ready to take the next step. Now he just needs to go out and do it. He's proven he can read NFL defenses. He's smart with the football. His accuracy on deep throws needs to improve a little, but he has all the tools... He just needs to put it all together. As Tannehill goes, so will the Fins- no doubt about that. As far as the o-line, the RG spot is really the only major ?, John Jerry is inconsistent. You just never know what you're gonna get from him. Danny Watkins is now waiting in the wings should Jerry suck/get hurt again. The rest of the line should be pretty good ('should be' being the operative words here). Jonathan Martin had a solid preseason at LT after a slow start to camp. Incognito is a Pro Bowler at LG, Pouncey is one of the top center's in the league and Tyson Clabo is a solid pro at RT. The RG spot is by far the weak link.

I'd take him over the two piles of crap playing in the Jet game :P

Freeman is a better QB. Tannehill will be a career backup if he's lucky. The defense will mutiny against him. Three turnovers and he can't sustain a drive.

The search for a successor to Marino continues.

Freeman is a better QB. Tannehill will be a career backup if he's lucky. The defense will mutiny against him. Three turnovers and he can't sustain a drive.

The search for a successor to Marino continues.

You didn't see the first ten minutes of the game.  Tampa's offense looked as bad as any Sanchez offense I'd ever seen, and that's saying something :P  They had like a 3rd and 35 and lost a timeout straight off a delay of game cause they couldn't even get a play off.  He has better numbers cause he's got Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams to make plays for him and Doug Martin to keep D's honest.

Warren Sapp said Tannehill was going to break Marino's yardage record :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Tannehill isn't a good QB. Rofl. *in 'Slater' from 'Dazed and Confused' voice* okaaay maaan. He proved he's a good QB today. He has things to work on, but we ran the ball for 20 fvcking yards today. We won because the defense played well and because the QB played well. Period.

Tannehill really should've won 10 games last season. I saw the 14-19 Buffalo game first-hand, and the refs really handed the win to the Bills. The 2 back-to-back OT losses to Arizona & the Jets were again both victories that Miami just gave away.

When you watch him, you can see that the game is slowing down for him. He's getting better each week as a QB.. and the interception drop-off is the proof. 11 of Tannehill's 14 career picks came his first 9 games as a rookie. Over the last 7 games, he's only thrown 3 picks.

For a 25 year old kid with only 1 full season under his belt, it's really unfair to slam Tannehill.

Tannehill really should've won 10 games last season. I saw the 14-19 Buffalo game first-hand, and the refs really handed the win to the Bills. The 2 back-to-back OT losses to Arizona & the Jets were again both victories that Miami just gave away.

When you watch him, you can see that the game is slowing down for him. He's getting better each week as a QB.. and the interception drop-off is the proof. 11 of Tannehill's 14 career picks came his first 9 games as a rookie. Over the last 7 games, he's only thrown 3 picks.

For a 25 year old kid with only 1 full season under his belt, it's really unfair to slam Tannehill.

You could have said all of that about Sanchez his first two years.

In any event, you can probably tell I'm like Get Real when it comes to the Dolphins. Years of futility will tend to do that to a person.

You could have said all of that about Sanchez his first two years.

In any event, you can probably tell I'm like Get Real when it comes to the Dolphins. Years of futility will tend to do that to a person.

And the pouting already from Wallace is disconcerting.  Imagine what'll happen when they lose two or three in a row.

Edited by Daniel

Well Tannehill just went in and straight-up outdueled Luck- in Luck's house no less- so all the Tannehill haters can get bent, I've been telling you this kid is for real and he's had a great start to the season, as has the defense. HUGE win on the road this week, big one at home next week.

Edited by MadDog2020

Well Tannehill just went in and straight-up outdueled Luck- in Luck's house no less- so all the Tannehill haters can get bent, I've been telling you this kid is for real and he's had a great start to the season, as has the defense. HUGE win on the road this week, big one at home next week.

I won't believe it until he wins the Super Bowl. The Fins always find a way to fvck it up.

I won't believe it until he wins the Super Bowl. The Fins always find a way to fvck it up.

Pretty high standards, seeing as no Dolphins QB (including that Marino guy) has won a Super Bowl in 40 years. I mean, do you seriously realize how ridiculous that statement is?

Let's see how they fare the next three weeks, forget about November and December lol...but they've had a surprisingly semi-impressive start against two teams that were coin flip games whether they'd win or not.

They started 2-0 (against Buffalo and Minnesota) in 2010 with another QB and wide receiver that were supposed to be the answers.  Indy today is probably better than both of those teams, but Cleveland is at best a step above the Raiders and Jaguars.

The saving grace is that there's only one real dominant team in the AFC, the Broncos.  Maybe the Patriots will be too if they get healthy enough, but who knows.  I think Gronk's health is a lot worse than people are saying (surprise, surprise) and wouldn't be surprised if he goes back on IR after his first game back.   

Maddog, I will do a full mea culpa on Tannehill if he plays well in the next two games.  (Of course, right after I do that he'll probably fall flat on his face against Buffalo, so maybe I'm better off just hating the guy no matter what).