2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

I gave Chad Henne credit once....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you're honestly still comparing Tannehill to Henne, then I really don't know what to tell you... I mean, that's just laughable if you're actually serious. It really is. It's okay to believe in the kid, he's done a great job so far.

I gave Chad Henne credit once....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD If you're honestly still comparing Tannehill to Henne, then I really don't know what to tell you... I mean, that's just laughable if you're actually serious. It really is. It's okay to believe in the kid, he's done a great job so far.

Meaning I gave Henne credit once, and it went downhill from there...

Still not sure where Daniel stands in all this, are you not excited about what has been going on with this team?

To look at this as objectively as I can, I'm not completely sold. I look at the schedule, and I can still see a 7-9 record.

What I'll want to see is a real laugher where Tannehill has his way with the defense. Doesn't really matter who it's against.

Taking a break from Daniel's Tannehill stuff, what is with your coach's obsession with Daniel Thomas and his 3 YPC?  I'm only curious cause I traded for Lamar Miller in a keeper league, and have been wondering anyway why they won't just let him take the ball and run with it so to speak (didn't give up much of immediate value anyway - Christian Michael who'll probably have to wait two years to start and an injured Jeremy Maclin who wouldn't have been one of my top three WR's next year anyway).

Taking a break from Daniel's Tannehill stuff, what is with your coach's obsession with Daniel Thomas and his 3 YPC? I'm only curious cause I traded for Lamar Miller in a keeper league, and have been wondering anyway why they won't just let him take the ball and run with it so to speak (didn't give up much of immediate value anyway - Christian Michael who'll probably have to wait two years to start and an injured Jeremy Maclin who wouldn't have been one of my top three WR's next year anyway).

From what I've watched anyway, both backs seem pretty close. Miller has had a few highlite reel runs, but Thomas is the guy you can count on when you need a few yards.

Miller just hasn't separated himself enough to get 70-80 percent of the carries.

Has I just traded for Miller in my money league, so we're in the same boat fantasy-wise lol. Philbin is doing a great job, but the virtually split carries between Miller and Thomas is one thing I'd like to see him change his tune on. Miller is an explosive back, but he needs opportunities. And in general, the Fins have primarily passed the ball. They could use a little more balance between the pass and the run, and Thomas should be nothing more than a change of pace back at this point.

Mine's not a money league, I get competitive enough with non-money leagues lol...but you can keep 4-6 guys every year in my 16-team league, and you only start one RB plus a Flex every week (it's a PPR so WR's tend to be the Flex more often than not).  My keepers as of now would be Peyton, Roddy White, Cruz, Garcon and Gio Bernard.  I kinda needed another RB anyway cause Ridley's bombed and wasn't all that valuable even last year in a PPR, plus Roddy and Miles Austin getting hurt have kinda fvcked my WR/Flex depth.  Miller's young enough with enough talent I might actually keep him as a 6th if he goes off.

The other guy I was trading with was infatuated with Michael (the Hawks rookie), he got released and I claimed him off waivers a couple weeks ago basically cause I knew this other guy wanted him lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Mine's not a money league, I get competitive enough with non-money leagues lol...but you can keep 4-6 guys every year in my 16-team league, and you only start one RB plus a Flex every week (it's a PPR so WR's tend to be the Flex more often than not). My keepers as of now would be Peyton, Roddy White, Cruz, Garcon and Gio Bernard. I kinda needed another RB anyway cause Ridley's bombed and wasn't all that valuable even last year in a PPR, plus Roddy and Miles Austin getting hurt have kinda fvcked my WR/Flex depth. Miller's young enough with enough talent I might actually keep him as a 6th if he goes off.

The other guy I was trading with was infatuated with Michael (the Hawks rookie), he got released and I claimed him off waivers a couple weeks ago basically cause I knew this other guy wanted him lol.

Yeah I needed a RB badly after Steven Jackson got hurt, my depth was so bad I had Pierre Thomas starting last week (along with Arian Foster, who did nothing). So I dealt Matt Ryan for RG3 and Miller. Hopefully Jackson will be back soon and I'll actually have decent RB depth. I had drafted Shane Vereen and he was gonna be my depth, but the injury changed all that. Edited by MadDog2020

Im pretty satisfied with D. Thomas so far this year. He can catch out the back and get decent yards he's reliable in the red zone. .... I just hope our running game picks up as a whole come tomo night.

Edited by estreetcrew3

Well that sucked. Not unexpected, but it still sucked. Still, 3-1 after 4 games, with the only loss on the road in a non-conference game is a great start, and one any Dolphins fan would have been rushing to sign for in August (I myself was hoping to escape the first 5 no worse than 2-3, and we're guaranteed no worse than 3-2). Forget it, burn the tape, and get ready for Baltimore.

Edited by MadDog2020

What the heck happened? The first quarter Miller was running all over the Saints.

Mike Sherman is what happened. Terrible playcalling tonight (on the first drive he needs literally half an inch and he calls an outside zone run to Daniel Thomas when all he needed to do was have Tannehill extend his arm the required half inch). Plus once the game got blown open, the Fins had to pretty much abandon the run. And to top it off, I wound up in a tie (yes my league has ties) in my money league because of the fact that Miller was essentially benched the entire second half. And Mike Wallace also gave me nothing tonight, contributing a lousy 3 points. All I needed was one more point from either of them and I would've won. So the Fins lose and my fantasy team gets screwed in the process, double kick in the balls for me lol. Edited by MadDog2020