2013 Miami Dolphins Thread

Daniel

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268778/article/cowboys-lions-dolphins-to-play-in-london-in-2014 So we're playing the Raiders in London next year. At least we don't lose a home game this time, its a Raider 'home' game.

One advantage of rooting for an out of town team is that you don't have to feel as embarassed about bad home attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There will probably be more Fins fans in the stands in London than there usually are in Miami, sadly.

Very true.  I've seen the Patriots play the Dolphins twice in Miami (in '98 and '99...Pats won in '98 14-12, and Dolphins won in '99 9-6 in OT...both games were about as lame at the scores would indicate).  While the Dolphins are clearly one of the those "national following" kind of teams (along with the Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc), the local fans really don't seem to care much in Miami.  The crowd was about 30%-40% Patriot fans at the games I attended.  And during our first game, my friend Jim (huge Dolphins fan) said, "Damn bro, I think there's more friggin' Dolphin fans in NJ than there are in Miami!"  Miami is an odd sports town.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Very true. I've seen the Patriots play the Dolphins twice in Miami (in '98 and '99...Pats won in '98 14-12, and Dolphins won in '99 9-6 in OT...both games were about as lame at the scores would indicate). While the Dolphins are clearly one of the those "national following" kind of teams (along with the Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc), the local fans really don't seem to care much in Miami. The crowd was about 30%-40% Patriot fans at the games I attended. And during our first game, my friend Jim (huge Dolphins fan) said, "Damn bro, I think there's more friggin' Dolphin fans in NJ than there are in Miami!" Miami is an odd sports town.

I saw Fins-Pats in Miami in 2002 and my section was Foxboro south. I was surrounded by Pats fans, I felt like it was a road game. Truth is its just never been the same since they moved out of the OB. Joe Robbie has never really provided much of a home field advantage. Combine that with a horrible decade and a half of football, and this is what you get.

I saw Fins-Pats in Miami in 2002 and my section was Foxboro south. I was surrounded by Pats fans, I felt like it was a road game. Truth is its just never been the same since they moved out of the OB. Joe Robbie has never really provided much of a home field advantage. Combine that with a horrible decade and a half of football, and this is what you get.

Yeah, I didn't know what to expect...at that point, the only road Patriot games I'd been to were at the Meadowlands, against the Jets.  I was pretty surprised when there seemed to be more Pats fans in my parking section than Dolphins fans...even more so when I saw the number of Patriot fans in the building itself.  And yeah, Joe Robbie is a very "meh" kind of building.  Even though it's not that old, it's probably already one of the more dated NFL stadiums out there. 

So what's Tannehill's excuse this week?  The Pats gave the Fins every opportunity to take the game, with Brady basically not having a hand to throw the ball.  Tannehill just finds ways to lose.  But he never gets called out on it, so there's no incentive for him to improve, if he were even capable of it.

At this point I don't even know what to say.  There's really no hope for this franchise.  They guessed wrong with Tannehill, and they're not really bad enough to get a true franchise QB.  Hopefully they'll be awful when it's time for the QB from Florida State to enter the draft. 

So what's our next move for THIS season? The coaches and players aren't going to pack it In like most fans are

It's sort of like asking what's the next move for the Jags.  It doesn't really matter.  But in our case, it's even worse in that we still haven't hit rock bottom.

This team blows, and the refs can eat a dick. Biggest fvckjob I've ever been privy to. 'Illegal batting of the ball', fvck you NFL. Seriously, fvck you. And fvck you for all the other garbage penalties (the hold on Patterson, the BULLsh!t PI on Wilson) that kept NE drives alive. Typical garbage. And of course they respond to adversity like a bunch of fvcking losers and the coaches make no adjustments in the second half at all. Tannehill had a great first half, terrible second half. Pretty much the same for the whole team. Looks like another year of missing the playoffs. We did ourselves no favors in the second half, but that officiating was a fvcking JOKE of the highest order today. I was waiting for The Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior to show up to confirm I was watching fvcking WWE bullsh!t.

This team blows, and the refs can eat a dick. Biggest fvckjob I've ever been privy to. 'Illegal batting of the ball', fvck you NFL. Seriously, fvck you. And fvck you for all the other garbage penalties (the hold on Patterson, the BULLsh!t PI on Wilson) that kept NE drives alive. Typical garbage. And of course they respond to adversity like a bunch of fvcking losers and the coaches make no adjustments in the second half at all. Tannehill had a great first half, terrible second half. Pretty much the same for the whole team. Looks like another year of missing the playoffs. We did ourselves no favors in the second half, but that officiating was a fvcking JOKE of the highest order today. I was waiting for The Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior to show up to confirm I was watching fvcking WWE bullsh!t.

Very tough call for the refs to make on the batted ball. I thought he was trying to corral it live and that's obviously a tough play as you are racing full speed to a moving ball. Best to leave it as a no call since what real reason would he do that? But this game still wasn't decided by the refs. Awful showing by the entire Dolphins team in the 2nd half.

2nd and 2 from NE's 19 to start the 3rd quarter up 17-3. And it became a clusterfvck after that play.

I'm sorry MD2020. I have a good friend who is a Dolphins fan and we usually talk about our miserable teams. And he still wishes he had the success of the Carolina Panthers. It's been a brutal run. They desperately need to bottom out and get their game changing player. Too many years in the middle of the pack. Too many years with false franchise saviours. He had no doubt the Dolphins would lose the game at half, as I usually have felt about any Panthers lead at the half over the last few years. It's probably the only thing that kept me sane is knowing and expecting defeat. 

Edited by devilsrule33

Very tough call for the refs to make on the batted ball. I thought he was trying to corral it live and that's obviously a tough play as you are racing full speed to a moving ball. Best to leave it as a no call since what real reason would he do that? But this game still wasn't decided by the refs. Awful showing by the entire Dolphins team in the 2nd half.

2nd and 2 from NE's 19 to start the 3rd quarter up 17-3. And it became a clusterfvck after that play.

I'm sorry MD2020. I have a good friend who is a Dolphins fan and we usually talk about our miserable teams. And he still wishes he had the success of the Carolina Panthers. It's been a brutal run. They desperately need to bottom out and get their game changing player. Too many years in the middle of the pack. Too many years with false franchise saviours. He had no doubt the Dolphins would lose the game at half, as I usually have felt about any Panthers lead at the half over the last few years. It's probably the only thing that kept me sane is knowing and expecting defeat.

The game wasn't decided by the refs, but they sure didn't help, that's for sure. I've lived and died with this team since I'm 8 years old and games like last week and today make me realize I will never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. The players change, the coaches change, the general managers change, the owners change, the logos change, the uniforms change... The results NEVER change.

The game wasn't decided by the refs, but they sure didn't help, that's for sure. I've lived and died with this team since I'm 8 years old and games like last week and today make me realize I will never see this team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. The players change, the coaches change, the general managers change, the owners change, the logos change, the uniforms change... The results NEVER change.

If I was a Dolphin fan, I'm probably feeling much the same as you are MD2020.  That's one of those games where you want to put your fist through every TV you see if your team loses.  I think part of the problem is that it feels like the refs can be very selective with what they enforce and when they enforce it.  Sure, Pats were guilty of the penalty that gave the Jets another chance to kick their game-winning OT field goal, but it seems hard to believe that, of all the FG attempts prior this season, that it didn't happen elsewhere.  All fans want to see is consistency. 

Pats got booed off the field at the half.  Place was like a morgue at that point.  Some fans near me (only a few) actually were wondering if Ryan Mallett should get into the game after the first half.  Momentum just seemed to change after that missed FG...it felt like damned near nothing was going right for the Patriots until that play. 

It's only one game, and I only watch 4-5 Dolphin games a year (twice against the Pats, maybe once or twice against the Jets, then another game, depending on who they're playing), but if this game was any indication, I can understand why Daniel gets so frustrated with Tannehill, even if he's a little over-the-top with his hatred. 

It's only one game, and I only watch 4-5 Dolphin games a year (twice against the Pats, maybe once or twice against the Jets, then another game, depending on who they're playing), but if this game was any indication, I can understand why Daniel gets so frustrated with Tannehill, even if he's a little over-the-top with his hatred. 

Dolphins fans with QBs since Marino retired is like the Flyers' fans relationship with goalies. 

Dolphins fans with QBs since Marino retired is like the Flyers' fans relationship with goalies.

I actually kinda agree with this. Like the Phailure fans with goalies, we as Fins fans desperately want and need a franchise QB to pin our hopes on. The overall long-term success of the franchise depends on it. I still believe in Tannehill, but I've had enough of the fumbles now. Hold on to the fvcking ball. He needs to be able to feel the rush better and protect the football. He has a lot of really good qualities and he has a chance to be very good, but I've seen enough of the fumbles. You can't fumble every damn time you get hit. So there ya go Daniel, no free pass for Tannehill this week. But I'm certainly not writing him off. I've still seen enough good things that I'm willing to be patient.

lol a walk-off safety.  Can't remember the last time I saw THAT.

3rd time in NFL history, and a fitting reward for a defense that played nearly 100 plays (maybe more) and almost 13 straight minutes in the 3rd including a 92-yard pick six.  I still have a lot of concerns about our defense...we could have a historicaly bad 3rd and 7+ percentage and it's turned into a problem in getting the defense off the field...and we left 10 points on the field between the Sturgis miss and Miller's fumble...but this win is big time, and we needed it to keep pace with all the other wild card contenders.  

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

I wonder if there's been a team worse at blowing leads than this one. Anti-clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what more the defense could've done.  Three picks and a game-deciding safety.  And as we know, with all of the rule changes, it's really hard to shut down an offense for all four quarters, especially when your D is on the field for as many minutes as the Dolphins' D was last night...as as we've seen, though the Bengals' offense is a bit erratic, they CAN put up points.  Miami's D must be gassed today...probably thrilled that they're getting some extra days off. 

And as we're seeing in today's NFL, no lead is safe anymore.  I remember when 1:00 left on the clock, having the ball on your own 10-yard line and no timeouts meant game over.  Not anymore.